Predictions - Bills v. New England*

The Senator

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I see it, Bills 23 Patriots 17.

I like our defense & I think we score a defensive TD & get a long return setting up a short EJ Manuel led TD drive. EJ won't throw the critical pick in the 4th that plagued Bledsoe & Fitz. EJ throws it away & we get a FG. And our defense sack strips Brady as he's conducting a 2 minute come from behind attempt.

I think it'll be a surprisingly close Bills loss (hopefully not a "why didn't you just take the touchback" sort of loss).

My prediction is that Mrs. Bungchin strains her mangina whining to the refs and Gisele comes to her aid post-game by calling out everyone not named Tommy.

Were going to get blown out.....

But the team is going to get better every week

Good Lord; doomsday-ism and hesitant optimism in the same post. We are a sorry bunch.

Eff the cheating, talent-poor Pats* -- I'm looking forward to a lot of lost survivor pool picks come Sunday afternoon.

Bills 34, Pats* 17

Not feelin much optimism. This defense has given up 3 of the 4 highest point totals in franchise history the last 3 years. Now were are going against Brady without Gilmore and possibly Byrd. Pettine has to be better than Wanny but he's not a miracle worker. A rookie HC and QB against a future HOF coach and QB----Pats 37--Bills 17.

Edited by billsfan714

I wish it was't so, but when reality sets in and we realize that we couldn't stop the run, and our CB's got burned on a regular basis in the New England game it will be very humbling. We have a very young, inexperienced team and coaching staff. It will take time for them to gel in game scenarios. Besides N.E. seems to have Petine's number...at least when he was a Jets coach! The loss of Stephen Gilmore really hurts and will cost the Bills at least 7 points if not more!

My prediction is N.E. 31 Buffalo 17 and that may be generous, as I could see it go to 42-13 if it gets ugly. Some of it depends on Armedola and the N.E. receiving group....as Wes Welker may be difficult to replace. With Ron Gronkowski out 31-17 seems logical.

That said, I hope I am way off the mark!!! I hope the Bills find it within themselves to beat the Patriots, and if it somehow goes there way maybe Buffalo 31-27 would be the ticket. But, I'm not trying to play both sides of the coin, and I'm sticking with N.E. 31-17 and will remain pessimistic until the Bills prove otherwise against a winning team, as their history dictates that they can't beat a winning team period!

Let us Pray! Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe that the Bills with its secondary are going to win this game. The offense could score 35, or it could score 3, there is absolutely no way to know how EJ will perform given his limited playing time in the preseason (two series against starters is not a sufficient amount of time to get ready for the NFL). What EJ needs to do is enough so that the Patsies can't load the line and shut down Spiller. Anything beyond that is really expecting too much at this point. I'm thinking NE 38 to 17.

Edited by IronyAbounds

I just woke up, came to the garage for a smoke and opened this thread on my phone. It sparked a memory of the dream I just had. Really...

First play of the game - Brady's pass deflects off the ceiling fan. Belechick and two fans tumble down a long concrete stairway and into a water fountain while wrestling for the ball. Jeff tuel comes up with it and strolls back up the stairs while Belicheck begins lecturing the children to stay out of the pool and he shows everyone the scrapes on his legs and elbows. Me and my two kids hop in a conoe and float away down the river while someone else lights off a string of firecrackers.

Great dream. LOL. I have no idea who wins.

GO BILLS!!!

The Pats always start strong; they will be well prepared. EJ struggled early with nerves in the first bills scrimmage and his first preseason game. I expect the same Sunday. I don't think the first half will be pretty, but the bills will make a comeback in the second and fall short. 34-24 Pats.

Edited by TPS

Love the optimism some of you are showing, but let's look at the facts:

- New Coaches

- New System

- Rookie QB

- Rookie LB calling the defensive plays

- Very inexperienced LB and DB corps overall

going against arguably

- Top Coach of the last decade

- Top QB of the last decade

- Strong running game we have not been able to stop

- Very strong DTs and LBs for NE.

I predict 45 - 19 for the Patsies, busy day for Carpenter (4 FGs) and probably a TD from Special Teams. I think we will see tons of three and outs, putting our defense on the field an awful lot and getting tired early. I'd be happy if we see some positive play from Manuel and I'd rather have him take his licks early on in the season against a team we probably wouldn't beat anyway. Also hoping for the secondary to prove me wrong, but they are my biggest worry right now.

I predict I'll be drunk before halftime.

I second that emotion!

:beer:

I'll be in that boat as well or falling out of it.

Game: I just want it to be respectable if we do lose and run up the score if we can win.

Edited by The Wiz

It will be close. being a Bills fan i say the Bills win. I also think after the game Belichick and Brady are going to say 'that is a different Bills team. They have a legit coach, legit QB, and a legit D.'

Belichick and and Brady will both have a look of disbelief on their faces as they watch the clock run out. it will not be like two years ago where the Bills 'stole' one in the Pats eyes. This time the Bills just beat the Pats straight up man to man.

Not sure where all the optimism is coming from, must be beginning of new era and season and everyone thinks the Bills are juggernauts. Unfortunately this game will bring many back to reality,

Pats* 38 Bills 13.

My optimism will start the next two games.

Not sure where all the optimism is coming from, must be beginning of new era and season and everyone thinks the Bills are juggernauts. Unfortunately this game will bring many back to reality,

Pats* 38 Bills 13.

My optimism will start the next two games.

I think that the Bills deserve to be huge 11.5 underdogs if only because of Brady vs rookie QB factor. However, I'm very excited about the big potential of the young players.

I really can see the potential there for a shocker Bills win. That stadium is going to be nuts and if the Pats defense lets them have some success on offense, the energy will be unreal.

I'm not predicting a score or who will win because I just want to enjoy the positive energy of this team. Even if they get blown out, which is possible, I really like the direction this team is heading in.

Pats 35, Bills 28.

Bills are down 35-21 with a few minutes to play. EJ almost mounts a comeback by scoring in the last couple minutes to make it 35-28, but it's too little, too late. The onside kick after fails and the Pats hold on. But the closeness of the game gives us fans enough optimism that things are looking up in Buffalo.

I think that the Bills deserve to be huge 11.5 underdogs if only because of Brady vs rookie QB factor. However, I'm very excited about the big potential of the young players.

I really can see the potential there for a shocker Bills win. That stadium is going to be nuts and if the Pats defense lets them have some success on offense, the energy will be unreal.

I'm not predicting a score or who will win because I just want to enjoy the positive energy of this team. Even if they get blown out, which is possible, I really like the direction this team is heading in.

This is where I am. I'm excited to see new schemes and offense and defense, and this season is all about watching our young franchise QB get better and better every week.

But it's not worth predicting a score, I don't need eball crawling up my back end.