Odd places you've met players

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takeo Spikes followed me into the men's room in ATL after a flight from LAX, and took the urinal right next to me. I've never been so pee shy in my life.

apparently you've never pee'd next to Ron Jeremy

Takeo Spikes followed me into the men's room in ATL after a flight from LAX, and took the urinal right next to me. I've never been so pee shy in my life.

apparently you've never pee'd next to Ron Jeremy

The bathroom thread is in Off the Wall, fellas.

saw Thurman Thomas in parking lot before Neil Young concert at Shea's a few years ago. I walked over to him and handed him a bootleg Neil cd from the concert in Albany the night before.

Met Takeo Spikes at a strip club in Niagra Falls, Ontario.

Nice guy and I was drunk enough to go up to him and tell him how much I love the Bills and offered to get his next round but he thankfully said no. The next day is when he tore his achilles.

Also not so much weird but I met Jim at his tailgate in the Ralph parking lot. Always been my dream to meet him. I asked him to sign my hat and he said “no your not wearing #12” (I was wearing a SJ jersey and had my Kelly on order) He then went to get a drink and then came back and said where is the guy who wanted his hat signed. He signed it and I got a picture with him.

My wife wasn’t impressed and thought he was a jerk. Maybe he just has a dry sense of humor

He then asked who I was with and I said my family and then he said we needed to leave.

Understandable since it was his tailgate party by his RV. It just wasn’t roped off and anyone could have walked up to him so I did.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

As a kid growing up in West Seneca, I had several good moments with Bills players. Tony Greene visited my elementary school(Gardeville). We went to cookout's at Joe D's house. I met OJ when I was with my father and he was suit shopping. And we had two Bills players over for dinner at my familys. I will have to ask my Dad who that was. If I recall correctly, the Bills player's team in college(Wichita State?) had a plane crash, and my father knew him somehow. Also a couple years ago I met a great couple at a bar. They were Jets fans, but when I told them I was a Bills fans, they told me their son was very good friends with Blake Costenza(special teams demon who is now on Browns). They knew Blake since he was a youngster, and mentioned what a great guy he was. They took down my address. A couple months later, Blake sent me a sweet Bills hat signed and said Go Bills! I wear it all the time

When I was a teenager, my mom was manager of an apartment complex in Hamburg where 13 of the Bills lived (1970-give or take a year or two), including O.J., Braxton, & Rashad. The day they signed their leases, it was my job to cook them lunch ...italian sausage, sweet peppers & onions. I clearly remember OJ wearing shorts & noticing the huge muscles in his thighs. Since I lived with my mom then, they were all my neighbors. Also, my dad was a sporstwriter for the Buffalo Evening News... (Now it's the Buffalo News). He used to get me on the sidelines with him at the old Rockpile. Many people thought I was Lou Saban's son. I was intructed to keep my mouth shut & blend in...so I met them all. I was pre-teen then. I had a very interesting childhood as a result of who my parents were & met tons of famous people. My dad got me in the dugout at an allstar game...there I was standing next to my heroes...Mantle & Marris. He got me in the pits at the Indy 500 the year Andy Granatelli brought in the turbines. My dad won a Page One award for his story on the "swoosh mobiles" that year! I could write pages & pages about my childhood. My life is relatively boring now compared to then.

Carl Byrum: In a Midas Muffler shop on Transit in Lancaster

Jim Haslett: In Gables Bar on Hertel. Bought him some drinks

Thurman Thomas: Talked to him at the Big Tree Inn & helped ward off people bothering him

Stew Barber: At my little league awards banquet in the 60's (he talked to me)

Pat Williams: At a charity bowling event for cancer. Signed a shirt for me.

Randy smith ex brave at the buffalo airport. He stood in line in front of me. I talked to him for ten minutes. He was heading to charlotte.

Met a few at Robert l smith's house. one time chief bills photographer

Kelly's nephew used to play HS ball here. I knew Jim was in town for some celebrity golf tourney, so me and my Dad decided to go to this HS FB game on Friday night taking a chance that he may be there. Sure enough he was. The team came out at half time and me and my Dad had worked our way over to near the sidelines standing on the track and Jim noticed my Bills hat. My old man says "hey Jim, big Bills fans, we're from Buffalo". Kelly says "I'm sorry to hear that" and kept walking....DB

Then about a year later, I was in the Richmond airport (ironically going to Rochester for a business trip). I walk up to the US Air counter and Kelly is standing there talking to the agent. I happened to have a Bills Golf shirt on and he said "nice shirt"....I said "thanks Jim".

Hi all--this is just my second post—it’s been awhile—so go easy on me!

I haven't met any Bills, but this is much, much better: My brother was hustling through the LAX airport on his way to Super Bowl XXVII (For you youngsters, this was just after the Bills beat the Dolphins 29-10 in the AFC Championship game). He was dressed head-to-toe in Bills gear…and nearly ran into Don Shula. Shula looked him over, and without missing a beat, my brother shook his hand and said, "Hell of a championship game, huh, Don?" and kept going. My brother's pretty awesome.

Sat next to Jason Sehorn on a plane from Char. NC to SF. I ribbed him with a "it took getting rid of you for the Giants to win Super Bowls" joke. He was a super cool guy; really down to earth.

The entire San Diego Chargers team on Chippewa the Saturday night before the infamous black out game. I remember having a few beers and razzing Nate Kaeding the entire night, ala Dancing Homer. He missed two FGs the next day. Coincidence?

65.jpg

Had a very unexpected encounter this weekend, and thought I'd share and see who's got their own weird tales to tell. I spent the last weekend working a festival in Delaware. While walking across the stage during one band's set, someone stops me, looks at my hat (wearing a Bills hat), and asks if I'm from Buffalo. I told him I was from Rochester, but my family is from Buffalo and I'm a big Bills fan. He gives me a big smile, shakes my hand, gives me his card, and introduces himself as Tony - as in Tony King. Maybe not a huge name in terms of the Bills' history, but I thought that was pretty cool (and entirely unexpected). You never know who you'll bump into! Who have you run into out of the blue? Did they spot you, or did you spot them?

Not to denigrate your story at all but I couldn't recall Tony King. Apparently he played part of one season in the NFL… 7 games for the Bills in 1967.

Met Bruce Smith at the Dallas airport. He was running and I called out "Hey Bruce!" He looked back and said "Have you seen Thurman Thomas?" Apparently he was supposed to meet him there. Made me laugh.

LOL

Met Joe D years ago in TOPS check out line in East Aurora--his ketchup was next to our cereal....

Sounds like there's a possibility you never washed that cereal box… or you know, something like that.

no but I know where his helmet is

:lol:

I watched Jerome Harrison try to break my brothers phone/hand after he snapped a picture of him one night out at a bar.

The Cleveland running back? I overdrafted him in fantasy football one year. He shoulda been grateful someone wanted a picture of him.

New Orleans for St Patty's day when losman would be heading into his second year...me and a bud are sitting at a bar and my friend had his bills hat on. Two beers and two shots come down for us and the bartender says its from a friend from Buffalo. We didn't know anyone there so we were looking around to see who it was....Losman comes up behind us and says hello and asked if we were having a good time. I also had a conversation later on with Elijah Wood at the same bar.

I was fortunate enough to go to the Bills vs Cowboys SB in Pasadena in 93. I took a piss next to Howie Long. I did not say anything well because i was taking a piss. ha

I also attended the first ever Jim Kelly football camp back in the day. I remeber my flag football team sucked. So one night Jim came over and offered to QB for a play. i was the center and snapped to Jim. Jim proceeded to get picked off by a 12 y.o. I turned around and grinned at him and he told me to shut up(while he was laughing).

Had a very unexpected encounter this weekend, and thought I'd share and see who's got their own weird tales to tell.

I spent the last weekend working a festival in Delaware. While walking across the stage during one band's set, someone stops me, looks at my hat (wearing a Bills hat), and asks if I'm from Buffalo. I told him I was from Rochester, but my family is from Buffalo and I'm a big Bills fan. He gives me a big smile, shakes my hand, gives me his card, and introduces himself as Tony - as in Tony King.

Maybe not a huge name in terms of the Bills' history, but I thought that was pretty cool (and entirely unexpected). You never know who you'll bump into!

Who have you run into out of the blue? Did they spot you, or did you spot them?

Kind of ran into Jim Kelly at a Meatloaf concert at Memorial Auditorium in the early 90's. I was takin a wizzzz, he came in and used the urinal next to me. lol! He didn't wash his hands after he finished..... My friend and I got a good laugh out of that.

As I was going to a Chinese restaurant, I saw Brady, Kraft, the Hoodie and Goodell coming out of a gay bathhouse. All were commenting that Goodell was such a good pivot man and Goodell told them he would destroy the Spygate footage because the other there were such "kind lovers" and "incredibly small for having such huge egos."

PS: This is called a joke.

James Lofton and another player (I think it was C. Bennett) made an appearance at the car dealership where I used to work in East Rochester. Either '89 or '90; I know it was before the Bills made their first trip to a superbowl.

I was behind Ryan Miller in line at Wegmans on Amherst St in Buffalo. I didn't realize it was him at first, I was just like this guy in front of me is really tall and skinny. Then people kept coming up to him to get autographs and I was like ohhh It's Ryan Miller. I felt bad for him. He was just a normal dude like myself that just threw a hat on and ran to the store to get some food quick. I would hate it if I had to deal with people coming up to me while I'm trying to buy milk and sandwich meat. What's the point of getting an autograph on a piece of paper anyways? Who cares? People should leave these guys alone when they see them around town. They are just people like you and me.

After playing a round of golf at Harvest Hill me and my buddy went to the Big Tree Inn for some beers and wings. Walk into the bar on a quiet Wednesday afternoon, sit down look to my left and I realize I'm sitting next to Ruben Brown. He was a cool guy, did some shots of Patron with him

Also happened to be at the Sundowner the same night as Andre Reed which i thought was cool, but thats Man Code to not bother another guy while he's at the ballet so didn't even make an attempt to meet him

I met Steve Tasker at Mcdonalds..was kind of an !@#$ though..also met Jevon Kearse @ radioshack in pompano beach, florida. Awesome dude..HUGE hands. He was in town for Tim Couch's wedding.

I have met tons of Bills players over the years, but rarely, that I can recall, in what would be considered "odd places".

Closest I can think of is sitting at a Bills bar I used to frequent in Austin and sitting next to Ahmad Baker, former Texas Longhorn, who had been let go by the Bills the year before...he still followed the team...also, similar experience with the great Kwam Cavil. Ditto for Fred Jacksons' father...was wearing a Fred Jackson jersey before they would have been trendy...

And, like you, ran into Jevon Kearse at a mall in Nashville while helping to open up a Tower Records store in that city.

My sister, who had a job at the DMV in Buffalo a few years back would always get me autographs when guys would come in..she told me that one day, JP Losman and Craig Nall both came in to get motorcycle liscences... said they were both very cool..

Edited by Buftex

When I was about 5 my Dad set up a meeting with Jim Kelly for all of us to meet him. Like an idiot though, I wanted to meet Bruce Smith and he wasnt there. So I was upset and wouldnt get in the picture. Jim tried to get me to go in the picture and actually chased me down the hall a bit but I still refused.

A week later a box showed up to our house with a signed football and a hand written note from Jim saying that no one had ever run away from him like that

What a dummy I was :doh:

One of my worst experiences was meeting Scott Norwood. Bills were doing autographs/holding practice at my local high school in 1987 (or maybe 88). I was 9 years old. Me and some other random kid went up to Norwood for his autograph (no one else in his line).

Norwood said, "I gotta go, so I only have time to sign one."

The other kid said, "my name is Scott, like you, and it's my birthday." (obviously, lying).

So, Norwood signed his paper and left.

He couldn't have taken 3 more seconds to sign for me too?

One of my worst experiences was meeting Scott Norwood. Bills were doing autographs/holding practice at my local high school in 1987 (or maybe 88). I was 9 years old. Me and some other random kid went up to Norwood for his autograph (no one else in his line).

Norwood said, "I gotta go, so I only have time to sign one."

The other kid said, "my name is Scott, like you, and it's my birthday." (obviously, lying).

So, Norwood signed his paper and left.

He couldn't have taken 3 more seconds to sign for me too?

That kid thinks well on his feet, eh?