1. WR Cordarrelle Patterson 6'1" 216

2. TE Vance Mcdonald 6'4" 267

2. ILB Kiko Alonzo 6'4" 237

3. OG Brian Winters 6'4" 320

4. QB Ryan Nassib 6'2" 227

5. WR Ryan Swope 6'0" 206

6. S Bacari Rambo 6'0" 211

7. SS Zeke Motta 6'2" 213

What fun! Some of the readers must have missed the fact that football is entertainment. B-)

The Texans and Bills were tied for dead last in 3rd down defense last year. 44% of our opponents' attempts resulted in first downs. Pettine's defense will help, but the Bills' draft won't.

Anyway, the double trade-down is the best-case scenario if we have 20-20 hindsight:

RD1 -Trade Down (Rams)

RD1 - Trade Down (49ers)

RD1 - EJ Manuel QB

RD2 - Justin Hunter WR

RD2 - Jonathan Hankins DT

RD2 - David Amerson CB/S Trade Down (Kiko Alonso was taken 52 slots too early)

RD3 - Corey Lemonier LB (Marquise Goodwin was taken 33 slots too early)

RD3 - Brian Winters OG

RD4 - Philip Thomas FS

RD5 - William Campbell DE34

RD6 - Mychal Rivera TE

RD7 - Steve Beauharnais ILB

Patterson is that explosive playmaker this team needs, Vance fast and physical TE that we never have, Kiko aggressive can cover, Winters big nasty Guard that we need, Nassib can play this offense now and can win now, Swope bigger faster version of Wes Welker, Bacari can cover, Motta big safety nasty tackler.

Da'Rick Rogers might actually end up better than Patterson, and I am really interested in seeing this Kauffman kid we signed from Eastern Washington...6'5" 215 lbs...

I'd have loved to see the Bills do this, but I know they'd: never pick their own QB at the top of the board instead of Kiper's, take a polished WR in the 2nd instead of waiting 'til the late rounds, take a 2nd WR who is the fastest guy in the draft, grab a hard-hitting Safety over a guy Marrone had a Syracuse, take the top kicker in the draft and grab a TE in Rd. 7 who runs like a gazelle.

I must be dreaming...

post-2416-0-22067000-1367268109_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Patterson is that explosive playmaker this team needs, Vance fast and physical TE that we never have, Kiko aggressive can cover, Winters big nasty Guard that we need, Nassib can play this offense now and can win now, Swope bigger faster version of Wes Welker, Bacari can cover, Motta big safety nasty tackler.

How bout trashing your whole idea and just Signing Leon Sandcastle. He is still available people!!!!!!!!!!

How long before EJ Contributes? If Patterson fails no big deal but if EJ fails were screwed for 5 yrs.

LMAO...screwed for 5 years? No offense, but thats a dumb statement in todays NFL and rookie caps. We are no more locked into EJ as we would have been with Nassib, so whats you point other than we get a worse WR prospect in Patterson instead of Woods and a worse QB prospect in Nassib instead of EJ. In fact, who do you think Marrone would give more time too...Nassib (who he has a strong attachment to) or EJ? Duh, Nassib...so Nassib would have likely held this franchise back longer in a scenario of neither EJ or Nassib panning out.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I don't like this redo at all. We should have:

Traded Mario for Skelton.

Traded our 1, 2, and 3 to the Raiders to get up to #3, and take Cordarelle Patterson (to ensure he's there)

Traded our 4, 5, 6, to get as high up as possible and then drafted Tyler Bray.

Traded our 1, 2, and 3 to the Raiders to get up to #3, and take Cordarelle Patterson (to ensure he's there)

May as well pick up Tebow and name him starting QB while we're at it.

What fun! Some of the readers must have missed the fact that football is entertainment. B-)

The Texans and Bills were tied for dead last in 3rd down defense last year. 44% of our opponents' attempts resulted in first downs. Pettine's defense will help, but the Bills' draft won't.

Anyway, the double trade-down is the best-case scenario if we have 20-20 hindsight:

RD1 -Trade Down (Rams)

RD1 - Trade Down (49ers)

RD1 - EJ Manuel QB

RD2 - Justin Hunter WR

RD2 - Jonathan Hankins DT

RD2 - David Amerson CB/S Trade Down (Kiko Alonso was taken 52 slots too early)

RD3 - Corey Lemonier LB (Marquise Goodwin was taken 33 slots too early)

RD3 - Brian Winters OG

RD4 - Philip Thomas FS

RD5 - William Campbell DE34

RD6 - Mychal Rivera TE

RD7 - Steve Beauharnais ILB

According to who, Draftek? I love that site to death, but sorry, the Draftek big board got badly embarrassed this year. I like our real draft better than both yours and the OP's.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yawn, time will tell

Not in this day of the rookie wage scale. You could not be more wrong about that.

Wage scale has nothing to do with it.

It's 3 yrs of him sucking and another 2 yrs before the next guy hopefully develops.

I mean at least he didnt suggest something beyond stupid like trading Mario Williams for John Skelton...

not yet :flirt:

Bray or Landry jones

BB your love for QB from the midwest turned me off awhile ago.

Now you are asking for Nassib in the fourth when his own coach was part of the draft?

It seems like your trying to be the guy that if EJ does not pan out you can say 'i told you so'.

When in fact you should be rooting hard for him. All 32 other teams passed on Nassib 3 times before he got picked.

With out hesitation i can say EJ would not have been there after mid 2nd, at worse case.

What does that say???

Patterson is a nice player.

But i will take Woods and Rogers over him any day.

BB your love for QB from the midwest turned me off awhile ago.

Now you are asking for Nassib in the fourth when his own coach was part of the draft?

It seems like your trying to be the guy that if EJ does not pan out you can say 'i told you so'.

When in fact you should be rooting hard for him. All 32 other teams passed on Nassib 3 times before he got picked.

With out hesitation i can say EJ would not have been there after mid 2nd, at worse case.

What does that say???

Patterson is a nice player.

But i will take Woods and Rogers over him any day.

Rooting hard for him does not make him a better player, just because he is a Bill does not make him better, He better do well or it's going to be more continued losing around here.

I'm not the guy who wants to say I told you so, I never liked EJ and us drafting him does not change that.

What does it say when we were the only team to reach for a QB in the first round?

I'm not a Nassib fan either, but we take him in the second if we don't get EJ. I didn't like any QBs in this draft which is why I jumped from QB to QB and ultimately concluded that there were no Elite QBs this year.

Patterson can run circles around those two.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

EDIT: I don't hate all the picks and I think most are solid guys but don't think there will be any superstars and feel there were better guys still on the board.

Back to Manuel; How many of you were stump jumping for him before we drafted him? Not many. But now that we drafted him most have talked themselves into believing he will be good, which is normal as fans want to like their players. However hope and optimism doesn't make him any better than before we drafted him. That Said I hope succeeds but I'm going to have to see it on the field before I believe it.

Still have your Nassib love on???

And "Back to Manuel; How many of you were stump jumping for him before we drafted him?" Yes, I was/did!- said it several time on the board. He was was my top choice from the beginning, would have been happy with him at 8, but getting him at 16, and Alonzo to go with him . . . excellent draft! Mel Kiper be damned.

I don't know how we'd draft anyone because we would have spent all of out draft picks on John Skelton, Ryan Tannehill, and Landry Jones.

:lol:

Don't forget the picks he traded to get Tebow.

Back to Manuel; How many of you were stump jumping for him before we drafted him? Not many. But now that we drafted him most have talked themselves into believing he will be good, which is normal as fans want to like their players. However hope and optimism doesn't make him any better than before we drafted him. That Said I hope succeeds but I'm going to have to see it on the field before I believe it.

I wanted Manuel. Badly. At 8. For a month or so.

Rooting hard for him does not make him a better player, just because he is a Bill does not make him better, He better do well or it's going to be more continued losing around here.

I'm not the guy who wants to say I told you so, I never liked EJ and us drafting him does not change that.

What does it say when we were the only team to reach for a QB in the first round?

I'm not a Nassib fan either, but we take him in the second if we don't get EJ. I didn't like any QBs in this draft which is why I jumped from QB to QB and ultimately concluded that there were no Elite QBs this year.

Patterson is just about as raw as EJ in terms of running precise routes, actually catching the ball and has difficulty reading defenses. Not to mention he is not a great blocker. That said, I think he was the 2nd best WR in the draft and should develop into a top WR.

Right now I like Robert Woods more because he is such a polished route runner, and catches the ball with his hands. This WR was the go to guy for Matt Barkley at USC, and he should have immediate impact for the Bills offense. Da'Rick Rogers would have been the first WR drafted and a top 10 pick if he didn't get suspended indefinitely at Tenn for failing multiple drug tests, and then he transfered to Tenn Tech.

"Rogers is a virtual Julio Jones clone, exhibiting an exciting combination of size, strength and explosiveness."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/darick-rogers

If this kid can clean up his act for the pros, he could be better then any player obtained this year by Buffalo. A very BIG "IF" he can stay clean.

As for EJ, I like the player, just not where he was picked. The Bills had a shot at OG Chance Warmack, RT DJ Fluker at #8, OG Justin Pugh at #16. I still think that current Bills O line has so many maybe players, rather then starters they know will finish the season. But like others have pointed out, perhaps the Eagles wanted EJ in the 2nd after all, who knows.

I know I'd feel more comfortable about any Bills QB playing well this season with some players that could actually play 16 games on that O line.

Still have your Nassib love on???

And "Back to Manuel; How many of you were stump jumping for him before we drafted him?" Yes, I was/did!- said it several time on the board. He was was my top choice from the beginning, would have been happy with him at 8, but getting him at 16, and Alonzo to go with him . . . excellent draft! Mel Kiper be damned.

seriously? I never had Nassib love, try paying better attention.

Really? Patterson will take a while to contribute as a WR since he's so raw. We got Woods who's polished and ready now plus the bonus of Da'Rick Rogers in UDFA who may be even better than Patterson in the long term.

Doug Marrone passed on Nassib even in the 4th round, that should tell you something. Manuel has far greater upside to be the premium QB into the future. But I'm sure you know better Mr. Tyler Bray/Landry Jones advocate.

Give it up man and let's see how things play out. Can we get to rookie minicamp, OTAs, training camp, preseason, and regular season 1st? :wallbash:

The best thing to happen to Patterson is the reason why we got Rogers, without his suspension Patterson would not have been drafted in the first and we wouldn't have got possibly the steal of the weekend.

I told my friend, who is a dolphins fan, this. This coaching staff took a virtual unknown 2 star QB and made him a draft pick, now they have a 5 (if I remember) star high school recruit to work with, I think if they can get half of the potential they got out of nassib out of EJ we have a great chance.

Had buffalo drafted Wilson in the first round last year Kiper and the rest would be calling us idiots in April and genius' today. Hopefully this is the case next year.

I didn't want a QB at 8 but Manuel was my favorite. Why is everyone all bent out of shape about this? You guys are getting all worked up over the QB evaluation given by someone that wanted to trade Mario Williams for John Skelton!! Maybe BB can take over as the GM of the 49ers and we can spin Tavaris Jackson into Patrick Willis?? You should be ecstatic with the pick.

I didn't want a QB at 8 but Manuel was my favorite. Why is everyone all bent out of shape about this? You guys are getting all worked up over the QB evaluation given by someone that wanted to trade Mario Williams for John Skelton!! Maybe BB can take over as the GM of the 49ers and we can spin Tavaris Jackson into Patrick Willis?? You should be ecstatic with the pick.

Trent would Baalke at this proposal of BB taking over his job and the deal for Willis. :lol:

This is your opinion obviously. I will agree to disagree. I also will wait to see stats and impact after the season. See what Woods does compared to Patterson.

IF Rogers stays focused and works hard he has more talent then Patterson. Up to Rogers to reach his potential.

On ESPN's web site they pretty much say next years QB draft is loaded compared to this years QB class. Maybe that is why teams wanting/needing

a QB (Jacksonville, Oakland and Arizona) passed and are looking to next year. http://insider.espn....4-nfl-draft-ncf

I was hoping we would do the same, there is no guarantee about any pick and EJ might turn out awesome but I'd rather take my chances on a guy that is a more consistent prospect.

That's correct, Nassib was considered good enough to go in the 4th. Your guy, IIRC, was Bray. When'd he get picked?

it was Pachall but he went to rehab ( if he stayed sober he would have been the first QB taken, maybe next year) then I went to bray who has all the talent in the world but just didn't play well under pressure, then I went to Landry and he was pretty good but he didn't come up big in big games. I would have taken Jones this year and then take one of the top QBs next year. My fear is we stay married to EJ and don't draft a top QB next year and he doesn't pan out, we will miss out on a better prospect and we will begin the cycle again.

I was hoping we would do the same, there is no guarantee about any pick and EJ might turn out awesome but I'd rather take my chances on a guy that is a more consistent prospect.

it was Pachall but he went to rehab ( if he stayed sober he would have been the first QB taken, maybe next year) then I went to bray who has all the talent in the world but just didn't play well under pressure, then I went to Landry and he was pretty good but he didn't come up big in big games. I would have taken Jones this year and then take one of the top QBs next year. My fear is we stay married to EJ and don't draft a top QB next year and he doesn't pan out, we will miss out on a better prospect and we will begin the cycle again.

That wouldn't surprise me as the Bills seem to ignore the strengths of the draft and go after needs.This was the year for the O line, and they go QB in a very weak year for QB's.

Buddy Nix stated pre draft he is convinced that there was 2-3 "franchise" QB in the draft this year, with one #1 pick, one #2 pick, one #3 pick, 4 in the fourth, 3 in the seventh. So by all accounts EJ, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon are the three franchise QB's?

There couldn't have been one other team GM, president in the NFL who had the same thought as Buddy Nix, or was that a smoke screen to cover the fact that he actually thinks there was only one guy who could be a franchise QB this year. If so, then Buddy Nix got his man!

I still feel like the vicious cycle may begin anyway because the Bills line is so haphazard, and the Bills will just create another JP / Edwards because they think they can win games with a sub par line, they can't, they won't. I don't see any QB having success in Buffalo like Jim Kelly had because the Bills simply refuse to build that line like Kelly had.

EDIT: I don't hate all the picks and I think most are solid guys but don't think there will be any superstars and feel there were better guys still on the board.

Win now? This team is in a full restart mode. Pay attention man. New coaches (most of them college coaches) , completely new playbooks , new players, schemes, the works. They blew up the whole thing. We are not winning more than 6 games this year even if superman is playing QB. This is what happens when you blow it up. You start all over again. Probably what they had to do, since Gailey and Wanny were so close, but when you blow it up you pay the consequences for a while. Dolphins are better, Pats are freakin great and we play the NFC South and the AFC North. We are screwed this year. 6 wins max, and one of them is probably in garbage time in December. Sorry, but when you blow it up, you have to face the consequences. There is no silver bullet in the NFL. It took Pete Carroll years to get Seattle turned around. expect the same here.

Patterson never looks like a receiver to me. He looks like a kick returner. I am sick and tired of the Bills drafting players that turn out to be kick returners.

Edited by Kemp

So you're implying Coach Marrone knows very little about Nassib?

You should save this re-do and review it in three years.

cheers, Bob

I think the concensus on here before the draft, in regards to QB's, was that Manuel HAD THE BIGGEST UPSIDE, and stood to be the best of the bunch - but he might take a year or two to get there, whereas Nassib and Barkley were more ready - in this offense.

Now that we know what Marrone's plans are for the offense, it is clear that we need a QB who can go deep with accuracy at will. I don't think its a matter of everyone here just jumping on board with this move and convincing ourselves - we got the QB with the concensus best potential. Now its up to our staff to get him ready. AND the kid is a good character / face-of-the-franchise. He's intelligent, cool, and knows how to behave already around superstars (like Bruce) where some kids his age would be star-struck. And, he's no tool like Geno looks to be.

It was a good move. Most of us said we'd get behind whoever they chose to pick, as they were the ones doing all the homework.