Shawne Merriman Announces His Retirement

Disappointing. I was hoping we'd bring him back as a rotating DE. Wouldve liked to see what he could do in whatever attacking hybrid Pettine will be running. Liked the intensity he brought to the Defense as a whole.

Can't believe he's only 28 y/o.

:cry::w00t::lol:

Disappointing. I was hoping we'd bring him back as a rotating DE. Wouldve liked to see what he could do in whatever attacking hybrid Pettine will be running. Liked the intensity he brought to the Defense as a whole.

:beer::thumbsup:

If not for Nix, he would have retired 3 years ago. He brought zero to the field as a Bill.

Not true he brought fire and passion to the D when he was in the selection, they played considerably less when he wasnt there.

If not for Nix, he would have retired 3 years ago. He brought zero to the field as a Bill.

Finally, someone that at least is honest and sees reality. Everyone else was suckered into thinking we had the Merriman of 2007. Merriman was done the day he was let go by San Diego sorry to say. He has been nothing to the Bills. It amazes me people are actually wishing him well and they basically told Kelsay to F-Off over his retirement. At least Kelsay gave us 10 years of hard work. Merriman was hurt 7 minutes into his first practice as a Buffalo Bill.

@buffalobills

Merriman: Not retiring because he doesn't feel he can't play, but because "I want to retire on my own terms"

Not buying it. Not with 2 defensive ends announcing retirement on the same team. The Bills allowed them to step down graciously instead of flat out announcing they are done to the media. I think Marone/Pettine have evaluated last year's pass rush and came to the conclusion that it simply wasn't good enough. The more I think about it they will be looking for a pass rusher in round 1.

Not true he brought fire and passion to the D when he was in the selection, they played considerably less when he wasnt there.

WOW...what a name player that was once good 8 years ago will really do around here. Bart Scott is going to fit in perfectly.

Finally, someone that at least is honest and sees reality. Everyone else was suckered into thinking we had the Merriman of 2007. Merriman was done the day he was let go by San Diego sorry to say. He has been nothing to the Bills. It amazes me people are actually wishing him well and they basically told Kelsay to F-Off over his retirement. At least Kelsay gave us 10 years of hard work. Merriman was hurt 7 minutes into his first practice as a Buffalo Bill.

He did have that one really good half in a preseason game.

He did have that one really good half in a preseason game.

Ahh, yes. Love the fact that "the D improved around him". Shame on the Bills for cutting him last preseason. Shame on the rest of the NFL for not picking him up as a FA for 10 weeks. Lucky for the Bills he was still there so they could scoop him back up. He must have been turning offers down left and right and just holding out to get back on the Bills.

This is the type of BS that needs to change in the mind of Bills fans. This guy was garbage as a player after his injuries and he stopped juicing Its a fact and its a perfect example of what can happen in the NFL. Stop falling in love with "name" players and other teams garbage and hope we start drafting better and actually developing our own players.

It amazes me people are actually wishing him well and they basically told Kelsay to F-Off over his retirement. At least Kelsay gave us 10 years of hard work. Merriman was hurt 7 minutes into his first practice as a Buffalo Bill.

Yeah this doesn't make Bills fans look good.

How much $$$ did this guy weasel out of the Bills for bringing nothing?

I don't think he figured into the Bills plans.

I wished he could have captured his past success. Only he knew his limitations and time to move on and I wish him well. Thank you Shawne.