First Album you ever bought.

boyst

It was either the "Vanilla Fudge" 1967 which contained "You Keep Me Hangin' On", or "Disreali Gears' by Cream.

My brother and I pooled allowances to buy "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". $4.00

First 45rpm single was "Stop in the Name of Love" by The Supremes for $0.88

Kind of what I predicted; the quality differences of older generations vs. newer.

Imagine todays youth...Bieber, Gaga, etc. The only one that might be worth thinking about in the future is Katy Perry. Our pop music today is no different then many of these artists you guys named...except for John Denver. Buftex, I was waiting with baited breath to see what you'd come up with because I knew it was not going to be a Beatles or Rolling Stones album!

Kind of what I predicted; the quality differences of older generations vs. newer.

Imagine todays youth...Bieber, Gaga, etc. The only one that might be worth thinking about in the future is Katy Perry. Our pop music today is no different then many of these artists you guys named...except for John Denver. Buftex, I was waiting with baited breath to see what you'd come up with because I knew it was not going to be a Beatles or Rolling Stones album!

Psssh.... I bet half these are half truths at best. I'm on to JW and his early ABBA phase.

1974 ?

AM & A's - University Plaza (across from UB) - or was it Hen's & Kelly's ? - in the basement - used to be Grant's

Anyway - 3 for $10

Beautiful Noise - Neil Diamond

Who's Next

B Springstein - Born to Run

Edited by The Warden

My mother used to work at Capitol Records/EMI Manufacturing because one of their plants where they pressed the albums/CDs/made cassettes was in my hometown. We used to get free or deeply discounted releases by Bob Seger, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Rolling Stones (when they were on Virgin Records) and others. I don't recall the first album or cassette I bought but I do remember the first CDs:

First CD I received: "Night Moves" by Bob Seger (around '91)

First CD I bought: Led Zeppelin II

I remember getting my first CD player, a Sharp model that I had to plug in the RCA cables (red and yellow composites) to a boombox to play.

1st Tape: Metallica - Master of Puppets

I was only 7 years old, but my brother was a huge Metallica fan and I worshipped everything he did (including becoming a Bills fan). I played that tape until it broke.

1st CD: Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

Heard "Killing in The Name" being played in the Hobart dorms while I was at Lacrosse camp. Was a huge RATM fan ever since.