McGee & Pears to IR, Potter released

bills44

i dont think tj will start until the colts game if at all you know how important a 6th round pick is to the fo

quite the assumption.

i love how we bounce back and forth - buddys afraid to trade, buddy is reckless in how he gives away picks, buddy wont let players be used to preserve picks.

Pears to IR is too bad, the line needs all the depth it can get, and he was pretty good. McGee has had so many injury problems I almost forgot he was on the team. Potter was an extravagance.

Easley will be interesting. He is taller than Jones, so maybe he will be a bigger target for Fitz.

Pears to IR is too bad, the line needs all the depth it can get, and he was pretty good. McGee has had so many injury problems I almost forgot he was on the team. Potter was an extravagance.

Easley will be interesting. He is taller than Jones, so maybe he will be a bigger target for Fitz.

He was one of the worst RTs in football this year.

I would say Routt is a real possibility to at least come in for a workout. IIRC he was already in town before he elected to sign in KC and maybe now his price is a little more reasonable after flopping there and getting 5.3 guaranteed from them (a la Drayton Florence post Jacksonville). They definitely need some CB depth and it would be nice to have a vet in there since the 4 remaining active CBs have about 7 years experience, most of them from McLovin.

As far as the other roster spot...maybe a veteran OT? They don't have any backup there now with Pears joining Zebrie Sanders on IR, correct?

Edited by JM57

Its a shame they pulled McGee off Kick Returns. Early in his career he as absolutely dynamic bringing the ball back.

McGee was one of my favorite kick returners, He in his prime had moves that were awesome. His ability to at full speed stop and reverse direction in seemingly no time at all were unreal. No one did it better. Another player who gave his all for a krap franchise, and got zero in return for his efforts. Money is cool, but I think he had one winning season with these morons. Doubtful he will ever suit up again for B-Lo. I wish him the best.

McGee will always have a space in my heart.

He was one of my favorite players in the past 10 years!

Same. Best KR we've had too.

I asked a question to Tom Donahoe re re-signing McGee on the old bb.com "ask the GM" feature. He responded by saying that they were going to try to re-sign him, and that was then picked up by a bunch of news outlets, and soon thereafter McGee was re-signed. So, I basically got McGee his first contract extension. :D

Easley not being added to an active roster during his time on the PS should tell everyone how the other 31 teams view his talent. The Potter experiment meanwhile lasts half a season, which is another indicator that Nix and Gailey aren't the slam dunk personnel evaluators some make them out to be.

Two open spots?! Might we be bringing back ex Pats Doug Flutie and Drew Bledsoe?! :)

btw- when do we get Brady's washed up carcass?

A friend suggested that Bellicheat will deal Brady near the end of his contract because he's too old for the system by then. Then we get him with zero mobility and waning accuracy and throwing power just like Bledsoe

A friend suggested that Bellicheat will deal Brady near the end of his contract because he's too old for the system by then. Then we get him with zero mobility and waning accuracy and throwing power just like Bledsoe

Yeaaaaaaa!!! That's exactly what we need.

Easley called up from PS

also, Chris "7-11" Hogan signed to PS.

Fantastic we have now just wasted another pick from this draft, just as I said when we drafted him. You don't draft kickers unless the guy is a freak like Janikowski.

So that's four wasted picks that could have quality players like;

5. FS George Iloka 6'4" 225 Boise St.

6. WR Tommy Streeter 6'5" 219 Miami

7. QB BJ Coleman 6'3" 231 Tenn-Chatt

7. DE Julian Miller 6'3" 256 W Virginia

Wait, that's three guys dropped, and one brought up. Does that mean we have two open roster spots?

Ralph is cheap.

Matter of time on Potter. Let him get the wear and tear old kickoffs. Let Linell be rested down stretch.

A team does get a ton of kickoff return opportunities when they are getting blown out of the stadium.

Glad McGee is getting praised. The guy gave a lot in his tenure when the Bills gave him nothing.

The Bills gave him millions of dollars, especially these last few years when he barely played. I love McGee and it sucks we were never good when he was here. But the Bills certainly treated him well.

And as much as injuries suck, this could be a blessing. I'd almost rather see Harrison and guys like Brooks play.