DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news.

I've been advocating keeping all of our D-Lineman until we absolutely, positively have to cut them just because injuries can happen at any time during the offseason/training camp.

The only exception to this is Dwan Edwards, more for his own sake than anything else. If the Bills are truly going to be a base 4-3, I say cut him now and give him a chance to sign on with a 3-4 team.

I'm PO'd this isn't getting more attention around the NFL today.

<_<

:P

TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW

Honestly, I hope ESPN and the like stay quiet about the rest of the Bills signings. !@#$ 'em, let them be blindsided so that they look like fools in September/October and (hopefully) November/December/January.

Do you mean Dwan? Dwan Edwards?

I am not expert on the nuances of salary vs salary cap Sports City reports that his salary next year is $2.6 million but his cap # is $5.1. Not sure what we get back if he's cut.

Same source has Spencer Johnson one of the higher-paid players at $3 million. Kelsay is $2 million with a cap hit of $4.2 million (same source)

If we can save a significant bit of that and sign Anderson, I think Edwards and Johnson are gone.

My phone don't know Dwan.

On paper it really appears as if Buffalo has the best D-line in the NFL now hopefully this will transition to the field!!!

With this no longer being a position of need I fully believe that we will grab Malcolm Floyd if he is available. If he is not I believe it will be Jonathan Martin as he actually played LT in college and that means a lot compared to Reiff who started every year at RT.

If someone told me two years ago that we would have Mario Williams, Shawn Merriman, Nick Barnett, Kirk Morrison, and one of the best D-linemen on the Patriots, i would've said, "you're crazy."

Ralph is Cheap

Nobody wants to come to Buffalo

Edited by Bills!Win!

My plan to spray aerosol cans to destroy the ozone is finally paying off. 70+ degrees are now the norm in Buffalo and every FA wants to sign here. Buffalo=Miami North

Very solid signing. Imagine copying the gameplan the Giants used to beat the Pats in 2 Super Bowls. Someone has been paying attention at OBD.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

My plan to spray aerosol cans to destroy the ozone is finally paying off. 70+ degrees are now the norm in Buffalo and every FA wants to sign here. Buffalo=Miami North

Very solid signing. Imagine copying the gameplan the Giants used to beat the Pats in 2 Super Bowls. Someone has been paying attention at OBD.

Beer just spewed out of my nose lmao!!! It's a great day!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Ralph is not cheap!!! I think he has been reading my posts, he is officially doing the exact opposite of what he has done in the past... a-la George Costanza!!

The snow must be beautiful in hell right now....

So that's where all the snow went this year! It's a great addition, I'm so psyched I can't think straight.

At face value, I like this signing. Anderson probably peaked last year, but is still in his prime, and probably didn't cost a lot. He is risky in the sense that he's only had 2 good years sack-wise out of 6 or 7 in the league, he was only a part-time player last year (47% of NE's defensive snaps), and he's definitely a threat to turn back into a pumpkin. So I'm hoping the Bills didn't give him any of guaranteed money beyond 2012.

However, at this point, the Bills' FO has completely turned me around, and I actually have faith that Anderson's contract 1) gives the Bills plenty of ways out in case Anderson is a bust, and 2) isn't for too much money, because overpaying mediocre players is about the worst you can do. (Overpaying elite players like Super Mario is fine.) If Anderson goes back to the 4-6 sack range, that's probably too good to cut or ask to take a pay cut, but not good enough that you want him making a lot of money.

I'll wait to see the financials before making a final judgment, but given that Anderson lasted this long without signing, I have to think it's a pretty reasonable deal for the Bills. Plus it takes away a pass-rusher from New England, so that's another bonus. Tentative thumbs up.