DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

Ashamed to say that I don't recall seeing many of his games, but those numbers are pretty sick. This has been my biggest point since following the Bills decade long rebuilding project....selling the city and the franchise is such a secondary issue once a big named player hops aboard. Mario Williams gets defensive FAs intrigued about coming to Buffalo in the same way Aaron Rodgers gets offensive players excited about heading to Green Bay.

Not sure if he signs, but that would be a great line. I have a hard time thinking Kelsay will be put on the chopping block, but I have to think Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson will be given notice. Even Carrington is going to need to prove his worth.

I assume Dwan Edwards is the odd man out. Played I believe his entire career in a 3-4 defense. While I think he's a good player he would seem to be the guy that gets the axe. As far as Mark Anderson goes saw a bit of his career here and there with Chicago and than last year with NE. Hard to have any real opinion on him, but he seems like he would be a good fit, and it never hurts to add an experienced pass rusher to your team. At the very least glad to see the Bills brass still sees dend as a position that we should continue to look to get better at.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashamed to say that I don't recall seeing many of his games, but those numbers are pretty sick. This has been my biggest point since following the Bills decade long rebuilding project....selling the city and the franchise is such a secondary issue once a big named player hops aboard. Mario Williams gets defensive FAs intrigued about coming to Buffalo in the same way Aaron Rodgers gets offensive players excited about heading to Green Bay.

Not sure if he signs, but that would be a great line. I have a hard time thinking Kelsay will be put on the chopping block, but I have to think Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson will be given notice. Even Carrington is going to need to prove his worth.

Agree with this 100%

If they sign Anderson, my guess is that Johnson gets released. The DT rotation would be set with Kyle, Dareus, Heard, Troup, and Edwards

DE's would be Mario, Kelsay, Anderson, and Merriman

45 sacks for the season with that DL personnel group!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If they sign Anderson, my guess is that Johnson gets released. The DT rotation would be set with Kyle, Dareus, Heard, Troup, and Edwards

DE's would be Mario, Kelsay, Anderson, and Merriman

45 sacks for the season with that DL personnel group!!!

What about Monsieur Le Carrington?? That poor kids been bounced around everywhere. He's listed as a DT on the Bills website...but has played DE and even OLB! Talk about killing potential.

The bills have def been taking notes on how the Giants do things

If you think about it....makes total sense......who has been able to stop the pats lately....the GIANTS

We have a winner!!!

Wannstache used the DL rotation philosophy very successfully back when he was DC for the Cowboys....It works when you have both talent and depth à la 90's Cowboys' and recent Giants' teams

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What about Monsieur Le Carrington?? That poor kids been bounced around everywhere. He's listed as a DT on the Bills website...but has played DE and even OLB! Talk about killing potential.

Will you people stop with this. Carrington is going nowhere. It doesn't kill any potential. The Bills potentially signing Mark Anderson would just mean that our depth gets better. I said in another thread Carrington's role could be similar to that of the Giants Chris Canty. A swing de/dt who can add good depth and rack up a few sacks. The more pass rushers we stack the deeper we can roll out lines. This is a good thing

The bills have def been taking notes on how the Giants do things

If you think about it....makes total sense......who has been able to stop the pats lately....the GIANTS

and it's about damn time :thumbsup:

Is that where he saw the deer in the backyard on Wednesday night?

I believe the deer were at Chad Kelly's hunting cabin in the Town of Aurora. Chad has committed to Clemson but Mario visited Chad and tried to talk him into changing his commitment to his alma mater, NC State.

I think they're called meese.

Mice maybe?

BTW, can someone explain the fiancee/fiance thing one more time?

What an awesome problem to have that would be?!?!?!?!?! :w00t:

We have been acquiring and training 3-4 DEs the last 2 years. Kelsay should stay although I don't like his contract. I hate to say it of a hard working classy player but Kelsay should not be a starter on a great defense. I think he can contribute but we could have a SICK defensive line if we upgrade both 4-3 DE positions. Kelsay? Carrington? ...great back ups. Known commodity veteran and promising youth.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in the wake of the love fest that was the MW signing. I have ripped Kelsay in the past and called for his replacement but you don't get rid of talent, or relegate them to the bench for that matter, unless you have someone better to replace them.

The first week of free agency showed us all hope. We got the best guy possible and I'm sure any fan would call FA an A+ already but....let's do it again Buddy! Keep it rolling! Take advantage of the buzz of what we are trying to build here!

Edited by PDaDdy

I think they would only release Edwards, and maybe not any of them depending on how much it would cost to sign Anderson. I would absolutely love to have Mario, Anderson, Kelsay, Merriman as ends, with Kyle, Dareus, Troup and S Johnson as tackles, with Carrington able to play both, as well as SJohnson. That would be an awesome line and able to keep everyone fresh.

This is a strange development for sure. Nix said he was done with FA, obviously that was a smokescreen. I also find it odd that he would fill a spot that we already addressed. Yes, he would be a major improvement over Kelsay, but I would think WLB is more of a priority. Whatever, I like it. At the least it adds some depth for our pass rush.

Edited by bills1960