All Peyton Manning, all the time!

He's only thought of in that way because he does not have the talent around him to make him look better, IMHO.

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that Fitz could have been a top QB in the NFL.

He clearly has the brains, the toughness, and from all accounts the leadership to be one.

His throwing motion being so bad makes him far too inaccurate, particularly past 15 yards, to make him a top QB.

If someone had corrected his throwing motion when he was young, we would not even be having this conversation now.

That's how I see it anyway.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that Fitz could have been a top QB in the NFL.

He clearly has the brains, the toughness, and from all accounts the leadership to be one.

His throwing motion being so bad makes him far too inaccurate, particularly past 15 yards, to make him a top QB.

If someone had corrected his throwing motion when he was young, we would not even be having this conversation now.

That's how I see it anyway.

That may very well be true. The new QB coach thinks he can correct his mechanical issues, so we'll see. At any rate, he still needs to have more talent around him.

Where he was a young QB with no statting experience, playing with guys used to catching passes from Carson Palmer. At any rate, even Trent Dilfer has a ring.

I love the Dilferesque argument. While we're at it, so does Brad Johnson.

We're the only team not to make the playoffs in the past 12 years. We also have a record of 76-116 over that span (that's a 39% winning percentage). Under Nix and company that winning percentage has dipped to 31% and, even the most optimistic fans out there think this team is STILL a year or two away from truly contending.

So ... you might want to rethink that statement.

Keeping it real.

I love the Dilferesque argument. While we're at it, so does Brad Johnson.

Yeah, I forgot about him. At the same time, Kelly, Marino, and Rivers do not. My point is that it is not all about the QB. A certain level of talent alongside him is required, too.

We're the only team not to make the playoffs in the past 12 years. We also have a record of 76-116 over that span (that's a 39% winning percentage). Under Nix and company that winning percentage has dipped to 31% and, even the most optimistic fans out there think this team is STILL a year or two away from truly contending.

So ... you might want to rethink that statement.

I agree. We are not the worst team in the league year in and year out. We are the most consistently mediocre team in the league year in and year out. No two-win seasons since 2000, and only one below four. No 10 win seasons either, and only one above eight. I'd be hard-pressed to find a more mediocre team than the Buffalo Bills. Not good enough to make the playoffs. And not bad enough to get top draft picks.

This is what I wrote morning on the Colts Part ways Peyton Manning Thread

Did anyone read Michael Silver article on Manning 12 Top Teams He had the Bills at 12 & wrote LOL & thats it what a Jerk, I don't want Manning buy Why not us We Good WR's, TE's & RB's plus we got a Head Coach that throws the ball nearly every down & we get Vincent Jackson & Mario Williams that could make us look alot better than few teams

I got so pissed, I tweet the SOB about that article & call him out, if he had any balls he'd reply

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you are the author of the included tweet? I find two things interesting about this. First, a lack of essential punctuation and spelling (or word choice?). Second, that you challenge him based on how good our team could become/how good we are now, instead of on his ridiculous decision as a "journalist" to include a team on the list for literally NO other purpose than to laugh at them.

I'm all for Buffalonians yapping at terrible sportswriters, but I just thought it was an interesting strategy to take.

On another note, is there a sizable population out there that thinks throwing almost every down is an inherent strength?

What I don't understand is how is it that the Bills are "LOL" but Cleveland and Washington are not? How are either of those franchises in any better shape than us? And he even gives serious consideration for the Skins.

What I don't understand is how is it that the Bills are "LOL" but Cleveland and Washington are not? How are either of those franchises in any better shape than us? And he even gives serious consideration for the Skins.

Let's not forget the jags either. No question I'd go Buffalo over Jacksonville and Cleveland, tougher call with DC. But as a franchise, I like our position out of any of them. Call me a homer, though.

He's only thought of in that way because he does not have the talent around him to make him look better, IMHO.

Gotta be able to throw the deep ball consistently or else teams are going to press and have their safeties playing at minimal depth. Fitz just can't do that. I like him but he's undeniably limited.

Yeah, I forgot about him. At the same time, Kelly, Marino, and Rivers do not. My point is that it is not all about the QB. A certain level of talent alongside him is required, too.

True. But Kelly and Marino got there. Fitz never will.

My pick on where Peyton lands is Dallas. Nice cushy indoor dome for him to play 1/2 his games in. Gets to play little bro Eli twice a year. JJ has got to be tired of fooling around with Choke boy (Romo).

Edited by reddogblitz

Joe Montana - He had won more SuperBowls and he proved he could still play when he went to KC. Young was the heir apparent just as Luck is now.

Nothing would make me laugh more than if Andrew Luck turned into another Ryan Leaf. What a great bookend to Manning's career that would be.

Hey Michael Sliver replied to me

@MikeSilver Michael Silver

much love to buffalo... Not loving the way the franchise is being run

I can agree with that but he should have said that instead of LOL

i think he's DONE and will RETIRE before he plays another real game.....

but if he does play.....i think Houston makes the most sense for Peyton.

here is interesting take that possibly eliminates many teams.....

When picking the next place where Peyton Manning will play, a potentially significant factor arises not from Peyton’s preferences or priorities but from the stable of clients represented by CAA, the agency that represents Manning.

For starter, consider the 49ers. Alex Smith is the quarterback. He apparently wants to stay. The 49ers apparently want to keep him. There’s no evidence of a strong demand for his services on the open market.

And he’s represented by CAA.

Ditto for the Denver Broncos. When Jimmy Sexton joined CAA last year, he brought Tim Tebow with him. If the Broncos were to add Manning, Tebow would be bumped to the bench, or worse.

So forget about Manning becoming a Bronco.

CAA represents other starters whose teams likely aren’t thinking about making a change, including Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, and Lions quarterback Matt Stafford. Beyond that, there are some possible (not likely, but possible) destinations that complicate the careers of other CAA clients.

Buffalo? Ryan Fitzpatrick is another Sexton guy.

Cowboys? Tony Romo is represented by Ken Kremer of CAA.

Jaguars? Blaine Gabbert is a CAA client.

Vikings? Sexton has Christian Ponder.

Bucs? Kremer has Josh Freeman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/caa-factor-looms-over-peytons-next-destination/

Hey Michael Sliver replied to me

I can agree with that but he should have said that instead of LOL

if that was what his thinking was, then i agree with him, i am sure we all feel that way.. im glad they(the bills) are on the upswing, but until they truly win again, the jokes will continue.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

here is interesting take that possibly eliminates many teams.....

When picking the next place where Peyton Manning will play, a potentially significant factor arises not from Peyton’s preferences or priorities but from the stable of clients represented by CAA, the agency that represents Manning.

For starter, consider the 49ers. Alex Smith is the quarterback. He apparently wants to stay. The 49ers apparently want to keep him. There’s no evidence of a strong demand for his services on the open market.

And he’s represented by CAA.

Ditto for the Denver Broncos. When Jimmy Sexton joined CAA last year, he brought Tim Tebow with him. If the Broncos were to add Manning, Tebow would be bumped to the bench, or worse.

So forget about Manning becoming a Bronco.

CAA represents other starters whose teams likely aren’t thinking about making a change, including Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, and Lions quarterback Matt Stafford. Beyond that, there are some possible (not likely, but possible) destinations that complicate the careers of other CAA clients.

Buffalo? Ryan Fitzpatrick is another Sexton guy.

Cowboys? Tony Romo is represented by Ken Kremer of CAA.

Jaguars? Blaine Gabbert is a CAA client.

Vikings? Sexton has Christian Ponder.

Bucs? Kremer has Josh Freeman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/caa-factor-looms-over-peytons-next-destination/

This is an interesting angle to look at. The Death Star is becoming a force in the world of sports (they are behind the Miami Heat's big 3 as well as what's going to happen with Dwight Howard and Williams in the off season).

The one thing to note though is Tebow is not a CAA client. He signed with WME last week.

another elimination angle....

Marshall Faulk: Peyton Manning will not play in NFC

"If you're in the NFC, you're out. The Mannings (won't) play a regular-season game," said NFL Network analyst and Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, referring to Peyton and Giants QB Eli Manning.

"They're not gonna stop each other from going to the Super Bowl. Meeting in the Super Bowl? How great would that be for the family?"

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/marshall-faulk-peyton-manning-will-not-play-in-nfc/1

just helps my houston pick....

another elimination angle....

Marshall Faulk: Peyton Manning will not play in NFC

"If you're in the NFC, you're out. The Mannings (won't) play a regular-season game," said NFL Network analyst and Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, referring to Peyton and Giants QB Eli Manning.

"They're not gonna stop each other from going to the Super Bowl. Meeting in the Super Bowl? How great would that be for the family?"

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/marshall-faulk-peyton-manning-will-not-play-in-nfc/1

just helps my houston pick....

They will definetly make a push for him.

You put him on Houston and they are hands down SB favorites. I mean they made it into the playoffs with their third string QB. That has to be what the FO is thinking too?

If he is healthy, then Houston would be very very tough to beat.

My pick on where Peyton lands is Dallas. Nice cushy indoor dome for him to play 1/2 his games in. Gets to play little bro Eli twice a year. JJ has got to be tired of fooling around with Choke boy (Romo).

I have no idea what Manning is going to do...But I don't think it's crazy to assume there is no way he's going to want to be in the same Division, or City for that matter, as his little Brother...I just don't see it happening...

This decision is going to be up to Manning...It does not really matter who wants him...More than half the NFL is going to want a healthy Peyton Manning...All that matters is where he is most comfortable going...So...Division, Head Coach, Organization, Offensive Coordinator, etc...All this stuff comes into play. Not necessarily who wants him and who gets the most Press (ie...Dallas, NY Jets, Washington).

I would look serious at some dark-horses here...Tennessee is one for sure...Good O-Line and LT...He played there in College and they love him there...Great Half Back...Decent Defense...Unassuming HC...And...Um...The Colts Division... ;) I would say Denver would be another sleeper Pick...And Arizona make a lot of sense...

Edited by KOKBILLS

Peyton on another team? -Ha! I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think Manning will start another regular season NFL game for anyone. Think about it... How does one go from essentially being a co-owner, AND coach on the field, to needing to "work out" in front of of strangers in order to pay the bills. I don't see it. -Not with Peyton. The only caveat to that is, of course, MONEY. Right now Peyton is testing the market to see which franchises are dumb enough to pay big bucks for a 36 year old regular on the operation table. If he sees dollar signs, he may bite. However, if he can earn the same by NOT risking his neck (literally) he will.

I wish Peyton the best. He's a great guy, A first-ballot HOF'er, and the best pure passer I have ever seen. I hope he's smart enough not to risk his legacy, and his health trying to play catch-up with his little brother.

Edited by #34fan

Peyton on another team? -Ha! I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think Manning will start another regular season NFL game for anyone. Think about it... How does one go from essentially being a co-owner, AND coach on the field, to needing to "work out" in front of of strangers in order to pay the bills. I don't see it. -Not with Peyton. The only caveat to that is, of course, MONEY. Right now Peyton is testing the market to see what franchises are dumb enough to pay big bucks for a 36 year old regular on the operation table. If he sees dollar signs, he may bite. However, if he can earn the same by NOT risking his neck (literally) he will.

I wish Peyton the best. He's a great guy, A first-ballot HOF'er, and the best pure passer I have ever seen. I hope he's smart enough not to risk his legacy, and his health trying to play catch-up with his little brother.

I think you're missing the bigger point: Manning is COMPETITIVE. If he's healthy (and that's still an if but from everything I'm hearing he is healthy) he will have a chance to do something that no QB has ever done:

Win championships with TWO different teams.

If he can pull that off, it will cement his legacy. He will might only have 2 chips, but he'll have done something no one else has done. That's a mighty big carrot to dangle for someone as competitive as Manning.

I think you're missing the bigger point: Manning is COMPETITIVE. If he's healthy (and that's still an if but from everything I'm hearing he is healthy) he will have a chance to do something that no QB has ever done:

Win championships with TWO different teams.

If he can pull that off, it will cement his legacy. He will might only have 2 chips, but he'll have done something no one else has done. That's a mighty big carrot to dangle for someone as competitive as Manning.

I agree that Manning is ultra-competitive. But I'm not so sure he'll feel the same way in a brand new environment. I mean the guy practically picked out the drapes at Lucas Oil Stadium. He IS Indianapolis Football. Plus, he's not blind. He's seen what's happened to other legendary QB's that didn't know when to pull the ripcord. -NOTHING GOOD.

I think the big picture, at this point, may be his long-term health prognosis coupled with his ability to enjoy life after football. I don't see him risking that for anything other than a DUMP TRUCK full of money. -And in the end, that STILL may not be enough. My opinion? Peyton is a guy who's given MUCH to the game of football. Too much, I think, to finish his career on a sour note. He'll pose for the camera. -Go through the motions. But by this fall he'll be retired, and looking forward to Canton.

I can't really see a better endgame for him.

I agree that Manning is ultra-competitive. But I'm not so sure he'll feel the same way in a brand new environment. I mean the guy practically picked out the drapes at Lucas Oil Stadium. He IS Indianapolis Football. Plus, he's not blind. He's seen what's happened to other legendary QB's that didn't know when to pull the ripcord. -NOTHING GOOD.

I think the big picture, at this point, may be his long-term health prognosis coupled with his ability to enjoy life after football. I don't see him risking that for anything other than a DUMP TRUCK full of money. -And in the end, that STILL may not be enough. My opinion? Peyton is a guy who's given MUCH to the game of football. Too much, I think, to finish his career on a sour note. He'll pose for the camera. -Go through the motions. But by this fall he'll be retired, and looking forward to Canton.

I can't really see a better endgame for him.

You might be right ... we'll find out soon!

Gotta be able to throw the deep ball consistently or else teams are going to press and have their safeties playing at minimal depth. Fitz just can't do that. I like him but he's undeniably limited.

I know he has his limitations but I want to give the new QB coach a chance to work with him.

He is average at best. The QBs we are referring to won the SB 10 years ago. It's a different game. You need a damn good QB to win it.

The talent around him has been average at best. Raise that talent level, and give David Lee a chance to work with him, and we might get a good QB out of the deal.

The talent around him has been average at best. Raise that talent level, and give David Lee a chance to work with him, and we might get a good QB out of the deal.

I really hope you're right. But the talent level was open, twice, vs. the Giants and he underthrew him both times. And with just over a minute left, he made a terrible read and should have went to the slant.

(1:39 in) Edited by Marauder24