All Newton all the time

RichardBag

It's interesting that Chan isn't the one at auburn. Isn't Chan supposed to be the QB guru that can identify and pick good QBs? But, Nix is checking out Mallet instead. Perhaps Chan has seen enough of Cam already. Or, this is just more, get ready, smokescreen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mallett is a pure pocket passer, can make every throw. He has some problems resetting his footwork in the pocket but under Chan`s tutelage he should have that fixed.

I wonder u say he is a statue and i agree, here`s some other statue`s that he reminds me of Phillip Rivers, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino.

Pocket awareness is easy to learn. Tom Brady was the same way.

These are the type`s of QB`s that win SuperBowl`s not those Runner Type`s

Here`s my prediction Mallett will be the best QB in this draft class.

And he will make multiple probowl`s

Good observation - the only reason I woudl not touch Newton is he is NOT a pocket passer - his career will be 6 years if he thinks he can run in the NFL like collage. Todays NFL greats are all pocket passers - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rothlesburger...that is what we need.

You may be right, I don't know.

But regarding Buffalo drafting him, how can you possible use a pocket passer when you have no pocket?

Seems like putting the cart before the horse to me.

Mallett wont be ready for at least 2 years, that gives our OLine time to develop properly. I think were gonna have one of the best Olines in the NFL by that time.

Good observation - the only reason I woudl not touch Newton is he is NOT a pocket passer - his career will be 6 years if he thinks he can run in the NFL like collage. Todays NFL greats are all pocket passers - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rothlesburger...that is what we need.

Correctamundo, I dont know why everybody is trying to find the next Arron Rodgers, He is the complete package, and players like him do not grow on trees..

I guess its because the NFL is a copycat league, but usually the teams that are copying never get it right.

WE need to start to create rather than copy, otherwise we are gonna set ourselves back years

It's interesting that Chan isn't the one at auburn. Isn't Chan supposed to be the QB guru that can identify and pick good QBs? But, Nix is checking out Mallet instead. Perhaps Chan has seen enough of Cam already. Or, this is just more, get ready, smokescreen.

Fairley?

Hopefully he'll be there to watch Fairley and not what's his name. :flirt:

I'm guessing he's there to watch both...

So Chan is in Arkansas today, I really hope Mallett lights it up again. Second round pick would be excellent value

Hopefully Newton tanks it today.

I've never subscribed to the idea that Mallett will make it out of the first round, and I'm even moreso convinced now that I'm hearing that the Vikings are strongly considering Jake Locker with the 12th overall pick...somebody (Seattle?) is going to take a QB in the bottom half of round 1.

All this means is the man is doing his homework....lets hope he doesn't fall asleep while doing it.

Agreed.

Are you kidding me? He went for the chicken and waffles!

Mmmmmm...I love chicken and waffles; havent' had 'em in a few years, but man they're good.

Personally, I think it makes sense to send your QB guru to the workout where you're primarily interested in the QB, while your GM attends the workout where you're likely scouting multiple prospects (Newton, Fairley, etc.).

I respect your opinion, but Roethlisberger is anything but a pure pocket passer.

Can I watch ESPN3.com with Time Warner Roadrunner only?

I don't have Time Warner Cable, just their internet. I read online in a lot of cases that you have to have a Time Warner Cable TV package with ESPN in order to access it and that Roadrunner-only customers are out of luck. Please help!

Can I watch ESPN3.com with Time Warner Roadrunner only?

I don't have Time Warner Cable, just their internet. I read online in a lot of cases that you have to have a Time Warner Cable TV package with ESPN in order to access it and that Roadrunner-only customers are out of luck. Please help!

That is most likely the case, but if I were you, I'd click the link anyways. Its really the only way to find out for sure.

Pro Day review

"I think that if you're not careful sometimes, you'll let the percentage of completions fool you with a quarterback because most of them are zero- to 9-yard passes," Nix said. "You'd like to see him throw the corner routes and the deep routes and see what kind of accuracy he's got with that."

Newton powered through 60 scripted throws and then took special requests from some of the league's top coaches. Overall, he completed 54 of 65 passes.

Another review

Many of the throws were high-percentage. Some were designed to showcase his footwork in the pocket before passing to stationary targets.

Its the main story on Buffalo Rumblings. Cant say Im too happy about it, I think he is gonna bust, but at least it would be more entertaining. Id like to see what Gailey dreams up with this HB/QB hybrid. I think its very likely that we take Newton, because the Bills clearly went after Tebow hard last year and with Gaileys comments, I think he wants to run a full-bore college spread offense.

Nix should be meeting with everyone that he may draft at #3.

Which should be a short list of Bowers, Dareus, and Fairley period. Others including Newton need not apply. Don't screw this up Buddy.

Which should be a short list of Bowers, Dareus, and Fairley period. Others including Newton need not apply. Don't screw this up Buddy.

As it turns out he should do work with about the top 10-15. Imagine if they trade back 5-6 slots

Its the main story on Buffalo Rumblings. Cant say Im too happy about it, I think he is gonna bust, but at least it would be more entertaining. Id like to see what Gailey dreams up with this HB/QB hybrid. I think its very likely that we take Newton, because the Bills clearly went after Tebow hard last year and with Gaileys comments, I think he wants to run a full-bore college spread offense.

Well overall I'm hoping to take a QB in the second round because I just don't believe in Gabbert and Newton enough to want to use our #3 pick, but since the pick isn't up to me to make I guess I will be excited about the potential and overlook the risks initailly..especially with Newton as our QB.

I much prefer we take Marcell Dareus, or Da'Quan Bowers with that first pick or trade down with S.F. at #7 as their new coach may want to pursue Gabbert as he wanted Gabbert over Luck at Stanford, but it didn't work out back then. I think at #7 we can still pickup one of the drafts best players and probably have an extra 2nd rounder and possibly a extra 4th or 5th rounder to boot!

So I'm hoping we swap picks with S.Fran, that either Dareus, Fairley, Bowers, or Von Miller slide down to us at #7. Then in the 2nd round we benefit from whichever QB falls to us ie: Jake Lockner, Colin Kapernick, maybe Mallet..but there are red flags on him so I don't know about him....Then go right back to defense with pick #45 from S.Fran!

Anyways, I'd be excited for Cam Newton as our QB, but I'd much rather see us go a different direction....which means that we will draft Cam Newton as the Bills never do what I want them to do!!!!! If they did...we would have B. Orakapo, Clay Matthews, H. Ngata on our team right now! Okay, we'd also have Claussen too..so I'm not perfect! hahaha

As it turns out he should do work with about the top 10-15. Imagine if they trade back 5-6 slots

I'm okay with trading down given the teams huge list of needs but there is less of a chance of getting an everydown impact player.

I'm okay with trading down given the teams huge list of needs but there is less of a chance of getting an everydown impact player.

I'm not advocating a trade down just saying it would be irresponsible not to work on atleast 10 or so guys at 3. Plus guys in the mid-late first in case someone slides or we trade up. Just cause we have 3 and 34 doesn't meant we only talk to the top 3 and 30-35 on our board

Thanks for the link, man.

People think that this is a smokescreen but after reading that article I think that people are going to be in for a big surprise. Gil Brandt has gone on record back in February proclaiming that Newton should be the #1 pick and now we have our staff huddling up with him. There's no doubt in my mind that Brandt is still singing the praises about Newton, especially that the article ends with Brandt stating that he expects the Panthers to take Newton #1. I'm going to allow myself to start thinking about a possible trade up for the Bills.

Mallett is a pure pocket passer, can make every throw. He has some problems resetting his footwork in the pocket but under Chan`s tutelage he should have that fixed.

I wonder u say he is a statue and i agree, here`s some other statue`s that he reminds me of Phillip Rivers, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino.

Pocket awareness is easy to learn. Tom Brady was the same way.

These are the type`s of QB`s that win SuperBowl`s not those Runner Type`s

Here`s my prediction Mallett will be the best QB in this draft class.

And he will make multiple probowl`s

U say "These are the type`s of QB`s that win SuperBowl`s not those Runner Type`s" I am pretty sure that P. Rivers, D Marino & J. Kelly havent won "A" super bowl. U then mention T Brady who has WON a couple superbowls but he is a HUGE D BAG! So actually u mean this is the type of QB not QB's! Just throwing it out ther!

Edited by snamsnoops

Pre-draft where there is smoke there is rarely fire. Hopefully if both Newton and Gabbard are still on the board at three they can trade down with AZ, Minn, or Wash fo rmore picks. There will still be a Quinn on Cam Jordan at those spots in the draft.

This doesn't look like much to me. They met with Newton at the combine for all of 15 mins. This dinner/meeting allows them to further dive into Cams possible character flaws and see if there is anything there. I mean you are asking a guy to come in to, possibly, be the future of this franchise. Unlike the case with Bowers, Fairley or Dareus, we aren't asking any of the DL to lead this team. So maybe there isn't a great need to take them out for dinner. But maybe it happens anyways.

Either way, this is Buddy just doing more homework on the guy. Getting more one-on-one time(considering his character flaws seem to be the biggest ??). Which I applaud.

If they really wanted Cam Newton, they woulda had dinner with is father last night.....

I know football like you guys do and I have no idea what to think of this guy. On the one hand, he looked like Rottenbiker and won everywhere he went. On ther other, he went everywhere...I am truly stumped.

Yeah, because DT/DEs are the safest pick in the draft...