All Newton all the time

RichardBag

not sure why the hate on Newton

Mike Leach would be drooling all over him

Hew couldn't lock his own QB in an equipment shed fast enough to get Cam on the field

:lol:

I can't think of a QB that Mike Leach doesn't like - I know he likes Ryan Mallett a lot too. Myself, I don't HATE Newton at all.

I just think he's been thrust into the 'we-gotta-gush-over-a-QB-some-QB-any-QB...quick-name-a few-QBs-we-can-gush-over' void left by Andy Luck's very predictable decision to finish his education, and I don't think Newton measures up to all the hype he's getting. JMO.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How 'bout the other Stanford guy I like - the Croatian guy, Owen Marecic, in round 4...

youtube.com/watch?v=c6yDDMbW32A

And...

Now HERE is someone we can agree on, Owen Marecic in the 4th!!

If he is still there, grab him. Would be great LB depth and I would bet be our Special Teams captain (a la Coy Wire), and agree he would be a great high character "pure football player" for our team.

If Cam Newton is available at #3 the Bills will draft him. As of this date there is not a defensive difference maker in the 2011 draft. There are a lot of good defensive players, but none worthy of a top 3 pick. That's why I say if available, Carolina might be thinking the same way.

If Cam Newton is available at #3 the Bills will draft him. As of this date there is not a defensive difference maker in the 2011 draft. There are a lot of good defensive players, but none worthy of a top 3 pick. That's why I say if available, Carolina might be thinking the same way.

How do you know that Newton is a "difference maker"? He was clearly very good in the ONE (1) year that he

started in Div 1AA, but a lot of his success came as a runner. I don't know if he will be great or not, but I

also don't think any of us knows if any of the DL will be great either.

How do you know that Newton is a "difference maker"? He was clearly very good in the ONE (1) year that he

started in Div 1AA, but a lot of his success came as a runner. I don't know if he will be great or not, but I

also don't think any of us knows if any of the DL will be great either.

Can we stop this myth about Newton being successful because of his running? He threw 30 tds passes and had more passing yards than AAron Rodgers did his senior season.

I see 4-5 defensive players who could be worthy of a top 5 pick. Specifically...Fairley, Quinn, Peterson, Dareus, and Von Miller. All of these players will likely be "difference makers" at their respective positions, I only see one offensive player, however, who would be worthy of a top five pick, and that of course is Green.

I like Newton, but I don't think it's the right move for the Bills right now. We have a good quarterback already, and we desperately need to upgrade many other areas of our football team. No thanks to QB this year unless Mallett slips to the 2nd round. He would be a good developmental QB who could learn the system from Fitz while we upgrade our defense and solidify our offensive line.

Didn't we have a pinned Tebow thread last year?

Seems like a pinned Newton thread would be a good idea.

No. No. No. No.

We do not need to waste our time.

Actually, lets put it back up, it kept Tebow away, lets hope it works again with Newton.

camcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcamcam

i know this is crazy, but would you rather trade maybe two picks for tebow, keep the 1st for somebody who is a better choice then cam? then you can have a one year qb behind fitzy, train him a little more, and worry about our defense.

im sure i will get laughed about this, but i just think tebow is better then cam.

Tebow may have better intangibles, but Cam is basically better than Tebow in every physical category and more accurate. Tebow has an average arm, cam will have one of the strongest in the league. Tebow can run some but might not be able to take an NFL pounding, cam is faster stronger and far more likely to duplicate his college running success in the pros. Tebow still has to work to fix his delivery, cam's is already good. And here's the kicker, Tebow scored low for a Qb on the wonderlic, so while he might not have ever been in trouble like cam or have sketchy people around him like cam's dad, when it comes to the most important intangible of intelligence, there's a good chance cam has him beat there too.

In all I think there is a good chance Tebow flames out and that people come to the realization that Cam is basically the NFL version of a Qb Tebow tried, but didn't have the physical skills, to be. So obviously I say keep the picks draft Cam and let Chan does what he does best, develop a winning Qb.

Edited by DC Grid

Tebow is a high character, high motor guy and ultimatly might be a winner in the NFL, today he is not. Newton has all the strengths required of a future great NFL QB as he will provide a multi level threat for the team that drafts him from day one. The answer is Newton!

With that I hope the Panthers draft him, so we can draft for our biggest needs and not have to make excuses and explain why we passed on Newton when he is winning for his team, with the knowledge that we could have had him. If he is there at 3, the Bills will have a big choice to make, hopefully smart people, smarter than us or even those who have made choices for the Bills in the past, are now in charge at 1 Bills Drive.

Since we have outstanding evidence on our own roster about 1 year college starters(See Aaron Maybin) why do so many people think Cam Newton can excel at the most difficult of positions with the same amount of experience? Nevermind all the other glaring red flags about the guy. Please don't take this as a personal attack on your opinion of him, but I do welcome your answers if you'd like to discuss with the focus around your logic, and what you see in him.

Thanks!

McCurse

Since we have outstanding evidence on our own roster about 1 year college starters(See Aaron Maybin) why do so many people think Cam Newton can excel at the most difficult of positions with the same amount of experience? Nevermind all the other glaring red flags about the guy. Please don't take this as a personal attack on your opinion of him, but I do welcome your answers if you'd like to discuss with the focus around your logic, and what you see in him.

Thanks!

McCurse

MC, I thought the same thing last week...the one year starter thing bugs me quite a bit.

First off, I believe your understanding of what Buddy Nix meant by "one year wonder" might be a little off. He never mentioned "one year starters", he specifically said "one year wonders".

I find it hard to accept that Nix and Co. only want to draft guys that have started more than 1 year. In college football, that happens ALL THE TIME with great players who are stuck behind other great players. Most players don't get much time until their junior year, and then head for the pros the following year.

The difference between them and Maybin is hard to define in a single post, but it is there.

Maybin was a red shirted sophomore so he had very little actual time in college football, let alone on the field. He "came out of nowhere" and got playing time due to injuries. He did not have much of a history on the team and was sort of a flash-in-the-pan anomaly.

Players like Newton, and Fairley, while only having started for Auburn for 1 year were well known and established players before they hit the field. People down south were talking about Fairley finally getting more playing time. Same thing with Dareus in Alabama, who had been buried behind a talented DLine and only saw very limited playing time prior to this season.

While it may only be JUCO, there is a full season of tape on Newton... and that tape shows him carrying that team to a dominant year and a JUCO National Championship. Posters can say "I dont want to hear about JUCO, it doesnt count", well tell that to Freddie Jackson.

Before that Newton was a backup at Florida. Say what you will about how that situation ended up off-field, but the point is that he was a HEAVILY recruited and sought after player by major college programs across the best Conference in college football. As a matter of fact, back then the worry about Newton was that he was TOO MUCH of a pocket passer and people questioned whether he could scramble and run the ball in Florida's offense. Can you imagine?!?

So in conclusion, the difference is their short history. Maybin was the pure definition of a "one year WONDER", as in "I wonder who the heck this kid is or where he came from??". Newton (and others) are known commodities, even if they only have 1 year of starting.

Edited by DrDankenstein