All Newton all the time

RichardBag

Saw the pin but thought it was just for comments and not new material. I will defer to an opinion strongly held...and the mods can make the call.

it is "all cam, all the time" to my understanding which means all cam newton stuff goes there, sort of like Tebow last year, no big deal.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cam Newton sucks and doesn't need to come the 3 rd overall pick of the Bills he is not a impact player. This is just the media wanting to talk about a player. We need an impact player with that pick CAM NEWTON IS NOT THAT GUY. He is not a leader.

Cam Newton sucks and doesn't need to come the 3 rd overall pick of the Bills he is not a impact player. This is just the media wanting to talk about a player. We need an impact player with that pick CAM NEWTON IS NOT THAT GUY. He is not a leader.

Link?

How does Cam suck exactly? I mean he's 30-1 over two years in two different divisions JUNCO (tell fred jackson and jerome harrison junco doesn't count) and SEC?... How's he not a leader when he lead 4 comebacks over the past SEC season and his coaches and teammates love him... Are you making this up? Are you joshing me there guy? FUNNY GUY? with that said...

CAM NEWTON.... Nuff Said! :thumbsup:

How does Cam suck exactly? I mean he's 30-1 over two years in two different divisions JUNCO (tell fred jackson and jerome harrison junco doesn't count) and SEC?... How's he not a leader when he lead 4 comebacks over the past SEC season and his coaches and teammates love him... Are you making this up? Are you joshing me there guy? FUNNY GUY? with that said...

CAM NEWTON.... Nuff Said! :thumbsup:

First, Fred Jackson was a NCAA Division III player @ Coe College in Iowa, not a JuCo. He also went on to develop his talents in the AFL and NFLE. Jerome Harrison, did, however play JuCo, but is not an exemplary player to support your argument. RB and QB are much different.

Now...People who hold Newton's success in JuCo as something to put on the mantle need to make room for the MVP award I won for my high school track team, and the class champion ring I got in dodgeball in 4th grade.

In Florida he did squat. Does anyone know why he actually left Florida?

1. He stole a laptop.

2. He was caught cheating 3 times.

3. He faced expulsion, or at least suspension from UF.

4. He was caught with weed.

5. He was not well liked, he was a problem child that Urban Myer did not favor.*

*And we are now starting to hear rumors about how much those Florida players got away with, as well as rumors about why Myer left.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, he did very good this year at Auburn running an offense that was a check and run system. For one year he did better then anyone else in the 1st Division of NCAA football. For one year he hit his primary target receivers consistently. For one year he racked up a lot of yards, subjecting his body to abuse, after not even checking down his options. For one year I was surprised to not even see him run the option, with his speed, come on, whats up with that? For one year in Auburn he still managed to find controversy with Academics, with eligibility, and with character issues.

So, in one year at Auburn, I guess he did a lot. In Florida, well, it's obvious he did a lot, too. Now, at that Junior College, that is about the only spot on his resume that doesn't raise questions until you remember it is junior college. Then again, I really wonder how much a superstar like him can get away with at a tiny-no where school in JuCo.

Edited by jboyst62

Per Peter King Tweet, from conversation he had with Newton this afternoon:

@SI_PeterKing

Peter King

Newton: "I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon.'' Ron Rivera, Chan Gailey, John Harbaugh blanch.

For anyone that hated TO, it looks like Newton may be of the same ilk.

What was really said

Newton: I want to be an entertainer and an icon (big difference)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

Why words got twisted around I have no idea :thumbdown:

Edited by Fig Newton

I liked how this author noted that VY played a huge part in Chris Johnsons 2000 yard season, with the option as he said, but moreso with bootlegs and roll outs. When your mobile QB can be rolled out or bootlegged, that will slow down (or even stop) the backside pursuit. With Johnsons speed that is deadly. Thats a big reason I prefer mobile QBs to cement shoe QBs. Im still not sold on Newton having what it takes upstairs.

Don't waste your time worrying about Cam Newton he will likely go number one overall. Not my call a guy by the name of Gil Brandt said he would be "shocked", if Newton did not go number one in the draft. This was reported by Pro Football Talk.com

But what does Gil Brandt know?

I am rather enjoying the turn around in public perception. Not so long ago he wasn't worth a top ten pick, now he's going first overall, and god forbid if we would of taken him at #3. Ahhhhhh.....Do you feel that?? Like a warm, sea breeze on the back of your neck!! Das Cam....December is gonna feel like a day at the beach!! I deserve a vacation damm!t!!

First, Fred Jackson was a NCAA Division III player @ Coe College in Iowa, not a JuCo. He also went on to develop his talents in the AFL and NFLE. Jerome Harrison, did, however play JuCo, but is not an exemplary player to support your argument. RB and QB are much different.

Now...People who hold Newton's success in JuCo as something to put on the mantle need to make room for the MVP award I won for my high school track team, and the class champion ring I got in dodgeball in 4th grade.

In Florida he did squat. Does anyone know why he actually left Florida?

1. He stole a laptop.

2. He was caught cheating 3 times.

3. He faced expulsion, or at least suspension from UF.

4. He was caught with weed.

5. He was not well liked, he was a problem child that Urban Myer did not favor.*

*And we are now starting to hear rumors about how much those Florida players got away with, as well as rumors about why Myer left.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, he did very good this year at Auburn running an offense that was a check and run system. For one year he did better then anyone else in the 1st Division of NCAA football. For one year he hit his primary target receivers consistently. For one year he racked up a lot of yards, subjecting his body to abuse, after not even checking down his options. For one year I was surprised to not even see him run the option, with his speed, come on, whats up with that? For one year in Auburn he still managed to find controversy with Academics, with eligibility, and with character issues.

So, in one year at Auburn, I guess he did a lot. In Florida, well, it's obvious he did a lot, too. Now, at that Junior College, that is about the only spot on his resume that doesn't raise questions until you remember it is junior college. Then again, I really wonder how much a superstar like him can get away with at a tiny-no where school in JuCo.

WHATTTT! he was caught with weed? where the hell that come from? Stop with the making things up as you go... The rest of the things you said are null and void cuz of that....

WHATTTT! he was caught with weed? where the hell that come from? Stop with the making things up as you go... The rest of the things you said are null and void cuz of that....

They are null and void because they are true? Wiki, ESPN, USA Today.

The weed was not mentioned as a big article and I cannot find a link to it, remember hearing it on ESPN, but he was with a player at Florida who was found to be carrying and smoking weed. So, to say possession was a stretch, but he was linked to it just as much. I believe the incident became a non-incident because the charges were dropped or the other player was the only one using it.

What was really said

Newton: I want to be an entertainer and an icon (big difference)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

Why words got twisted around I have no idea :thumbdown:

I'd feel much better if he had said something more like, " I want to be the best NFL quarterback I can possibly be and help whichever team selects me in any way I can to achieve every football player's ultimate goal - winning a Superbowl. "

No doubt the self promoting spirit CN seems to have is a red flag, but I'm still willing to roll the dice on him. Trent Dilfer, who I think is pretty good at judging a QB's ability to play in the NFL, was not a Tebow fan but is raving about CN. That's enough for me.

Edited by BuffaloATL

As I’m sure everyone knows by now, it was reported on the NFL Network, that Cam Newton told Perter King Of SI, that “I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon.”

That brought back memories of Walt Patulski. A DE from Notre Dame. Who the Bills picked first overall in the 1972 draft. After he requested permission to skip part of his rookie training camp so he could attend that years Democrat National Convention in Miami Beach, red flags should hace gone up. It should have told everyone that his head really wasn’t in the game.

Last year, in his first press conference as Bills GM, Buddy Nix, said that he didn’t like one year wonders. When he drafts a guy, he wants to see a whole body of work, Through high school and college. Hopefully, he’ll remember those words before he pulls the trigger on Cam Newton. Assuming he’s still available when the Bills pick at number 3.

I'd feel much better if he had said something more like, " I want to be the best NFL quarterback I can possibly be and help whichever team selects me in any way I can to achieve every football player's ultimate goal - winning a Superbowl. "

That would make it all better, huh?

I bet you had to change your shorts when JPL said this:

“Guys are responding to the leadership role in the quarterback position. I've been ready for a long time. About as ready as I'm going to get. However ready that is, we're going to find out.” “I hope they are happy with my performance, ... I think they have been feeling for a long time that they made the right choice.”

Last year, in his first press conference as Bills GM, Buddy Nix, said that he didnt like one year wonders. When he drafts a guy, he wants to see a whole body of work, Through high school and college. Hopefully, hell remember those words before he pulls the trigger on Cam Newton. Assuming hes still available when the Bills pick at number 3.

Wouldn't being a national top recruit and winning 2 National Championships at two different college levels be the definition of a "whole body of work?"

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

They are null and void because they are true? Wiki, ESPN, USA Today.

The weed was not mentioned as a big article and I cannot find a link to it, remember hearing it on ESPN, but he was with a player at Florida who was found to be carrying and smoking weed. So, to say possession was a stretch, but he was linked to it just as much. I believe the incident became a non-incident because the charges were dropped or the other player was the only one using it.

Not really. Just because he was next to someone who was smoking does not mean he was "linked to it just as much." Big difference IMO. Stealing laptops however, is just plain stupid. I'm a Cam supporter, but this is a huge red flag that will need an A+ answer at the combine. Maybe someone will give it to him.