Trying to be reasonable here

mrags

Here’s where I’m at right now. 

I would have been happy with Mitchell or McConkey at 28 without any trades. And we traded back and got, not extra picks, but made our later picks better in the process. 

Now, if they go with that DB/S tomorrow at 33 I’m gonna be livid. 

If they take Mitchell, McConkey, Franklin, I’ll be perfectly happy with it. As I would have been at 28. 

Now; with that all said, you picked up the extra 3rd rounder, and now have some better ammo with the four 5th rounders. So i really really hope they are active tomorrow. Getting either an extra 2nd by moving back into the 2nd rd. Or moving up from 60 to the 40s or something. And then hopefully moving up in the 3rd again too. 

I will wait and see what he does. 

BUT……
I am absolutely with most agreeing that you shouldn’t give KC the chance to take a guy that can smoke you for years to come. If worthy or Legette are the real deal in this league we look like fools again. No matter who we take.

Edited by mrags
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The value for Cooper DeJean there is pretty insane. He's significantly better than the WRs. If they don't want him, I'd prefer they trade down again and try to compile more picks. If we could end up with 4 picks between round 2 and the end of the 3rd, I think we're in a fantastic position to address the bloodbath that we created in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So we should have stayed at 28 and drafted a player we could’ve had later, while not getting an extra 3rd rd pick….just so KC wouldn’t be able to give us a free 3rd rd pick in order to select a player that may have been there when they picked at 32?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

worrying about other teams = fail

worrying about building your own team = yes please 

do what’s best for your team.  Worrying about what other teams are doing is for losers.  Jmo

• Like (+1) 31
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 12

There is no reasonable. You simply don’t let your arch rival trade up and get the player they want. It’s an inexcusable move imo. 

I could care less about value or the possibility of them trading up with another team, you simply never make a move like this for fear it can come back to bite you as it did with Mahomes. 

Stop trying to justify any of it, there really is no debating how stupid this was. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 10
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 11

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

There is no reasonable. You simply don’t let your arch rival trade up and get the player they want. It’s an inexcusable move imo. 

I could care less about value or the possibility of them trading up with another team, you simply never make a move like this for fear it can come back to bite you as it did with Mahomes. 

Stop trying to justify any of it, there really is no debating how stupid this was. 

This is a very simple minded and weak way of thinking.  Playing scared.  

they would’ve gotten worthy one way or another….unless you think we should’ve taken Worthy just to keep them from KC.  And that’s just pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 11

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

they would’ve gotten worthy one way or another….unless you think we should’ve taken Worthy just to keep them from KC.  And that’s just pathetic. 

You can play offense by having a good defense. You take away a puzzle piece that the chiefs have missed for the last 2 yrs with Hill and gave it right back. However close we were to beating them before is long gone now.

You don’t know this at all. The other teams might not have traded with them, or instead took worthy before them. This isn’t known. 

The end result is KC dominating us for another 5 years until Allen ups and leaves after next contract. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

You can play offense by having a good defense. You take away a puzzle piece that the chiefs have missed for the last 2 yrs with Hill and gave it right back. However close we were to beating them before is long gone now.

You don’t know this at all. The other teams might not have traded with them, or instead took worthy before them. This isn’t known. 

The end result is KC dominating us for another 5 years until Allen ups and leaves after next contract. 

As I said.  Simple minded way of thinking.  This is just ridiculous.  We should taken Worthy….. just so KC doesn’t get them….

LOL.  Listen to yourself. Weak

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 10

Just now, NewEra said:

As I said.  Simple minded way of thinking.  This is just ridiculous.  We should taken Worthy….. just so KC doesn’t get them….

LOL.  Listen to yourself. Weak

Worthy would have been a great add with Allen, do you disagree?

• Disagree 4

Beane, from his presser, could not have cared less about doing a deal with the Chiefs. Bills fans are extremely insecure when it comes to them. Beane obviously is not. He is a professional. He said he was on the phone with 6 or 7 teams and he liked the Chief's offer the most. So he took it. Simple as that.

And do you think that the Chiefs ONLY called the Bills? They could have done the deal at 29 or 30. Or waited and picked Worthy at 32. There was no way to prevent the Chiefs getting who they wanted, just as there is no way for the Chiefs to prevent the Bills from getting who they want.

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

I disagree. I don't want a 165 lbs receiver. And the Bills obviously didn't either. And it is clear they didn't have a 1st round grade on Worthy.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Beane, from his presser, could not have cared less about doing a deal with the Chiefs. Bills fans are extremely insecure when it comes to them. Beane obviously is not. He is a professional. He said he was on the phone with 6 or 7 teams and he liked the Chief's offer the most. So he took it. Simple as that.

And do you think that the Chiefs ONLY called the Bills? They could have done the deal at 29 or 30. Or waited and picked Worthy at 32. There was no way to prevent the Chiefs getting who they wanted, just as there is no way for the Chiefs to prevent the Bills from getting who they want.

What are you talking about? We literally went through this when the bills wanted mcduffie and ended up with Elam a few years back. That move cost us and this one will too. Bills are playing checkers, while the chiefs play chess. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

I know that Beane doesn’t agree.  

Beane > you.  Facts.  

as a GM, you don’t make selections just so your “arch rival” doesn’t get said player.  You just don’t.  Disagreeing just makes you wrong.  Facts

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know that Beane doesn’t agree.  

Beane > you.  Facts.  

as a GM, you don’t make selections just so your “arch rival” doesn’t get said player.  You just don’t.  Disagreeing just makes you wrong.  Facts

The chiefs did it to us when we needed a db and took mcduffie out from under us. Forcing us to trade up for Elam. What do they know as back to back champs. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

What are you talking about? We literally went through this when the bills wanted mcduffie and ended up with Elam a few years back. That move cost us and this one will too. Bills are playing checkers, while the chiefs play chess. 

lol….,please explain how this is even remotely the same thing other than in your scared head?  This is gonna get good.  Can’t wait to wake up and see the amazing content you’re about to post while on an emo rant. 

Go on!  Please explain how we went through the same thing with McDuffie?  Did we bypass McDuffie?  Did we trade back with KC and enable them to draft McDuffie?  Was worthy the guy we really wanted but KC bamboozled us into thinking he wasn’t actually the guy we wanted?  

make it make sense. Like real sense…. Not in your head sense….becasue are two completely different things 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

lol….,please explain how this is even remotely the same thing other than in your scared head?  This is gonna get good.  Can’t wait to wake up and see the amazing content you’re about to post while on an emo rant. 

Go on!  Please explain how we went through the same thing with McDuffie?  Did we bypass McDuffie?  Did we trade back with KC and enable them to draft McDuffie?  Was worthy the guy we really wanted but KC bamboozled us into thinking he wasn’t actually the guy we wanted?  

make it make sense. Like real sense…. Not in your head sense….becasue are two completely different things 

Bookmark this post when worthy goes off for a bomb to win the game in next years playoffs. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The chiefs did it to us when we needed a db and took mcduffie out from under us. Forcing us to trade up for Elam. What do they know as back to back champs. 

Have a good night.  You have no clue.  You just think you do.

the chiefs may very well win more super bowls…. But it won’t be solely because of this trade.  It will be because they have Mahomes, Kelce, jones, Reid and Spags 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

There is no evidence at all that the Bills ever wanted McDuffie. Maybe they should have wanted him. But they already had a slot corner. Why would they want two?

• Like (+1) 2

Our WR room is Shakir, Curtis Samuel, Mark Hollins, Justin Shorter (& some practice squad players). That's laughably sad.

Mitchell takes plays off & is said to be uncoachable. Troy Franklin is skinnier than a marathon runner & can't get off press coverage. McConkey has the same skill set Shakir already gives us. All would be fine picks as the SECOND WR wr drafted. None replace the 1st rounders we missed out / passed up on. 

Good luck Josh. This will be a bottom 5 WR room next year.

But trying to find a positive side, we gave KC their Tyreek 2.0 target to beat us with for the next 5 years & the Panthers appreciate  getting the A.J. Brown / DK Metcalf love child at WR. So that was nice of us. 

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

No one is playing checkers or chess. 

Um, yes there is. In fact, it's the most reasonable stance in this case.

If we hadn't traded that pick, they'd likely have traded to #29 or #30 and had to give up less and still got their guy. Or maybe even gotten him at #32 without giving anything up.

No reason whatsoever to think that if we don't make that trade they don't get their Xavier anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think they’re going Dejean, they just value versatility, defensive backs, and elite ceiling too much to pass here.

I think they trade back up from the bottom of the round and grab a WR, likely Franklin is their target in this scenario, imo. 

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

They won the last two Super Bowls.  LOL.  I'm also a little dubious of their ability to scout WR's with spending premium draft picks on Hardman, Moore, and Rice.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My guess is KC gave up a third for a player very likely was there for them at 30. The Bills obviously didn't want Worthy at 28 and KC didn't want to see him go at #29 possibly. In any case we came out of round one with nothing. #28 is not a great position to be selecting it was going to be trade up or down.

2 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Here is a simple minded question. If kc was going to get worthy regardless, why would they move up and be willing to give away draft capital just to move 4 spots when no matter what , as you so strongly say, there was no way anyone else might want him and it was inevitable he was going to kc ?  Just to play mind games w mcd /beane again?   Appears they were concerned another team might want him, or maybe we had some other offers?  It’s a fair question, and just because someone has a diff opinion than your speculation, does not justify name calling like weak, simple minded, or just pathetic.  Something made them move up right?. Not just for giggles. /

Isn’t  it bad enough after each blown loss to the chefs, even a home playoff loss now as they got yet  another Lombardi , that the press and fans always remind people how mahomes got to kc ? He will always be tied to mcd/ white and so far ALLEN’s Bills have 0 meaningful playoff wins over mahomes/ KC!   ZERO.  And , we are regressing in terms of playoff advancement. 

Now, PERHAPS. we can also be reminded we helped them get a guy faster than hill ( who already helped defeat us once in the playoffs as mcd  had no answers to control him under Reid in route to a prior SB) , while our own wr corp currently remains  the subject of ridicule as we absorb 31 mil in dead cap from another great beane deal ( like Von and the  dt from Carolina).   Typical more Billsy lore !   But why not avoid the superior air snide comments, passive aggressive language , which is very unbecoming.  It’s ok to have other viewpoints rather than only from those  that are blessed with flawless , SPECULATIVE ( forgive me if this is Brandon) knowledge.   Relax , no one on here is employed by the bills w exclusive insider knowledge or able to foresee the future.  The chiefs traded up for a reason , so they didn’t know worthy was theirs one way or another. Another chiefs player now linked to “ using the Bills”.   Wonder why some franchises still have ZERO  Lombardi trophies  after 55 years, and others jusr keep progressing and adapting.  Some have vision and don’t draft/ play “ not to lose”.  Just an opinion, not dogma!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cooper Dejean and Johnny Newton are still on the board. Both of these players have 1st round grades on them. Either one would be an excellent addition to the Bills roster.

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

30 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Awful move.  You just gave the team that you can't seem to beat in the post season, the weapon they want.  It's indefensible.

If he was so good, why wasn’t he taken earlier in the draft? With that much speed there are obviously red flags with him. He’s not a great route runner and at his size he can be held in check. I’m not saying I wouldn’t have been happy if the Bills took him, but the doom and gloom when there are plenty of receivers left is a bit much 

6 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Here is a simple minded question. If kc was going to get worthy regardless, why would they move up and be willing to give away draft capital just to move 4 spots when no matter what , as you so strongly say, there was no way anyone else might want him and it was inevitable he was going to kc ?  Just to play mind games w mcd /beane again?   Appears they were concerned another team might want him, or maybe we had some other offers?  It’s a fair question, and just because someone has a diff opinion than your speculation, does not justify name calling like weak, simple minded, or just pathetic.  Something made them move up right?. Not just for giggles. /

Isn’t  it bad enough after each blown loss to the chefs, even a home playoff loss now as they got yet  another Lombardi , that the press and fans always remind people how mahomes got to kc ? He will always be tied to mcd/ white and so far ALLEN’s Bills have 0 meaningful playoff wins over mahomes/ KC!   ZERO.  And , we are regressing in terms of playoff advancement. 

Now, PERHAPS. we can also be reminded we helped them get a guy faster than hill ( who already helped defeat us once in the playoffs as mcd  had no answers to control him under Reid in route to a prior SB) , while our own wr corp currently remains  the subject of ridicule as we absorb 31 mil in dead cap from another great beane deal ( like Von and the  dt from Carolina).   Typical more Billsy lore !   But why not avoid the superior air snide comments, passive aggressive language , which is very unbecoming.  It’s ok to have other viewpoints rather than only from those  that are blessed with flawless , SPECULATIVE ( forgive me if this is Brandon) knowledge.   Relax , no one on here is employed by the bills w exclusive insider knowledge or able to foresee the future.  The chiefs traded up for a reason , so they didn’t know worthy was theirs one way or another. Another chiefs player now linked to “ using the Bills”.   Wonder why some franchises still have ZERO  Lombardi trophies  after 55 years, and others jusr keep progressing and adapting.  Some have vision and don’t draft/ play “ not to lose”.  Just an opinion, not dogma!  

You’re right.  I don’t know that KC would’ve gotten worthy one way or another.  I misspoke and I shouldn’t have said that.  Speculation.  Just like the bolded conclusion to your essay.  No?

I do believe that KC would’ve gotten worthy whether we had traded with them or not.  I’m glad we got the 3rd.

A couple of things.....

* This is no place to be reasonable

* I have no idea what the FO is planning.......and neither do you

* I imagine somewhere, someone has a plan

* It made me sick that i stayed up till 11:30 last night to watch a Bills pick that didn't happen

* That is all......carry on

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I would have been happy with Mitchell or McConkey at 28 without any trades. And we traded back and got, not extra picks, but made our later picks better in the process. 

If they take Mitchell, McConkey, Franklin, I’ll be perfectly happy with it. As I would have been at 28. 

Now; with that all said, you picked up the extra 3rd rounder, and now have some better ammo with the four 5th rounders. So i really really hope they are active tomorrow. Getting either an extra 2nd by moving back into the 2nd rd. Or moving up from 60 to the 40s or something. And then hopefully moving up in the 3rd again too. 

BUT……
I am absolutely with most agreeing that you shouldn’t give KC the chance to take a guy that can smoke you for years to come. If worthy or Legette are the real deal in this league we look like fools again. No matter who we take.

If they take a guy like Nubin at #33 I wouldn't be livid.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Beane said he didn’t have 32 guys with first round ratings.  So he moved back and got more picks.  Simple.  And Worthy was apparently one of those guys.

Yesterday morning I heard the specific number of first round grades Beane had were 23.   I’m not sure if it’s been repeated anywhere, but it was the number stated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The value for Cooper DeJean there is pretty insane. He's significantly better than the WRs. If they don't want him, I'd prefer they trade down again and try to compile more picks. If we could end up with 4 picks between round 2 and the end of the 3rd, I think we're in a fantastic position to address the bloodbath that we created in the offseason.

Her cooper you can 

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Get cooper it is insane we can get him in round 2. The WR will be there or there can be a veteran one available for this season.

2 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I think they’re going Dejean, they just value versatility, defensive backs, and elite ceiling too much to pass here.

I think they trade back up from the bottom of the round and grab a WR, likely Franklin is their target in this scenario, imo. 

Agreed

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

So we should have stayed at 28 and drafted a player we could’ve had later, while not getting an extra 3rd rd pick….just so KC wouldn’t be able to give us a free 3rd rd pick in order to select a player that may have been there when they picked at 32?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

worrying about other teams = fail

worrying about building your own team = yes please 

do what’s best for your team.  Worrying about what other teams are doing is for losers.  Jmo

atta boy

Worthy could be like Deshaun Jackson who was also a small receiver.  I would have liked to have someone on our offense besides Allen who keeps defensive coordinators up at night thinking about how to stop them.  Ultimately Bean said that he didn’t have any 1st round grades on anyone by the time pick 28 came.  I’m no football expert.  I just watch the games.  He’s the GM and knows way more about these guys than I do.  

6 hours ago, mrags said:

BUT……

i think loosely my stance. My posts this morning are skewing towards certain topics but globally this is about where I sit. 

4 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Out of interest - who's the best RB in the draft? I get that you don't pick one in the first but we may be able to pick up someone really good in round two or three

I like the RB from Wisconsin.  I saw him play a couple of games.  That guy is rock solid.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I’m so sick of this dumb ass Mcduffie narrative.  We were not drafting a slot corner.