So day 1 was a bust

Whkfc

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Well, they met with him for a top 30 visit. Safe to say they feel like he ain't Tyreek Hill.

...but Super Bowl Champion K.C. does!

4 hours ago, Figster said:

You can't teach the kind of speed Worthy has, but you can turn him into a better route runner and thats exactly what Andy Reid will do with Worthy IMO, unfortunately...

And he will be returning punts for the Chiefs too!

5 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Benjamin Franklin was a notorious womanizer and James K Polk was one of the worst Presidents in American history. #justsayin

If Franklin is as good at WR as Ben Franklin was to stealing and patenting other peoples’ ideas… watch out league lol

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Speed kills and scheming to a players skill set is key IMO. Reid knows what to do with speed and he also knows Tyrek Hill as good or better then anyone,

No? 

They would almost certainly have gotten him anyways.  Bills did not want him, so who would have between 28-32?  If they wanted Worthy, they would have gotten him.  Can't worry about "hurting" KC, got to do what is best for Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Beane is the most overrated GM in football. Without hitting on Josh Allen, his overall drafting can be considered spotty. Add to that the awful cap mess he's created. Allen is going to be wasted with this owner and regime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Figster said:

Yet Andy Reid and company liked Worthy good enough to trade up with Buffalo and get him. Beef Worthy up just a little and he's a Hill clone. So go figure.

Myself personally, Allens lower trajectory laser shots beg for bigger targets like 2nd year TE Kincaid gearing up for a breakout 2024 season.

We hope...   

I hate that word.

All the guys who argued to sell the ranch for one of the top 3 WRs must be like ready to jump off a cliff today. Have a cup of tea and chill.  Hope we end up with Cooper and Coleman.  Shorter will bust out this year.  Maybe bust isn’t the right word.  Should be an exciting year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

All the guys who argued to sell the ranch for one of the top 3 WRs must be like ready to jump off a cliff today. Have a cup of tea and chill.  Hope we end up with Cooper and Coleman.  Shorter will bust out this year.  Maybe bust isn’t the right word.  Should be an exciting year.  

I'm sure you can at least understand the skepticism. People here have been banging the drum about getting Josh better weapons for a long time now, and every offseason the front office defenders have said that we have players that will break out and that we have "enough". But it hasn't been, for years now. And we now lost Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to ask Beane if there were any players he would have tried to trade up for if they fell sufficiently, or if perhaps they actually did try to swing a trade and couldn't get a deal done.  As far as Worthy and Legette are concerned, I think it is obvious Beane didn't think they represented good value to the Bills at the spots they traded away.  I honestly don't know who they will draft at 33, or if Beane will trade down again.  

11 hours ago, Whkfc said:

As far as having a new guy to talk about. But we are well positioned for tomorrow.  Who are 2-3 receivers you still like? And who do you think they take?

I like Polk and McConkey however I think they are gonna take Franklin. The Bills have more documented visits with him that amy other prospect and they have a track record of selecting guy they have multiple meetings with

Lance Zuerlein did a mock of rounds 2 and 3 today.  He has the Bills picking:

33  Adonai Mitchell WR Texas

60 Jaden Hicks S, Wash

95  Javon Baker WR UCF

If we did this...I'd be thrilled!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I'm sure you can at least understand the skepticism. People here have been banging the drum about getting Josh better weapons for a long time now, and every offseason the front office defenders have said that we have players that will break out and that we have "enough". But it hasn't been, for years now. And we now lost Diggs. 

I think if we get Coleman or McCockey, and a 4.3 John Brown type burner, Josh will have nuff.  That ball will be flying all over the place.  I’m serious.

16 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Coleman can't separate.  No thanks.  Cooper and Polk would be okay.  I prefer Ladd and Polk combo.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SoTier said:

Will you feel the same if Worthy turns out to be a speedster who can't catch?   Then that trade up was a big miss by KC.  As MJS has noted, KC hasn't done well developing WRs, and Worthy is going to need considerable development to be successful. 

I like AD Mitchell because he seems to be the kind of WR that the Bills want as a WR1 -- speedy but with good size.  I would not be upset at Dejean at #33 either.  The Bills also have #60 plus KC's late 3rd rounder.

Said every GM defending a reach for a guy with speed but not other traits important for his position ... like Aaron Maybin.

Worthy is a big gamble, much more appropriate to a 2nd or 3rd rounder than even a late first rounder, and KC hasn't shown the ability to develop WRs.  

Hasn't shown an ability to develop WR's yet wins championships with them. OK

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The comp to Ladd is Diggs, except Ladd is much faster.

I so want Beane to find a way to get McConkey and Mitchell. Maybe we need Mitchell more, but McConkey is my favorite.

17 hours ago, Low Positive said:

If he didn't have the injury history, I would be down. He is fluid and an elite route runner with great hands.  But he can't stay on the field. 

I know everything that every kid in America knows about Franklin, but I recently learned that he f-ed every woman that he could get his hands on even after he was married. I mean, given the fact that he's been dead for over 200 years I guess that doesn't matter, but it is a data point. 

And, he had a skullet!

17 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Benjamin Franklin was a notorious womanizer and James K Polk was one of the worst Presidents in American history. #justsayin

You have one thing to say about each and this is it..? 

We’d all be better off if you steered clear of this lane. 

• SDS locked this topic