NFL draft rumors 2024

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To me it depends how far I'm reaching. I want them to draft a WR at #28, I wanted them to go receiver in round 1 the last two years. I think Mitchell and Worthy are slight reaches by my board, but I'd do it. Franklin feels like just too much of a reach to me. Especially if I'm leaving top end prospects on the board at OT, CB or Edge. 

I can see the weary Brandon Beane presser when they go DE/S in rounds 1 and 2.

"The DE we selected was our last first round prospect left"

"Obviously, you look at WR as the strength of this class but you have to select the players at the top of your board, especially when the draft falls that way."

And then Josh separates his shoulder week 8 trying to rush for his 20th TD of the year because he has no one to throw to.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I like Legette too, but I've done dozens of mock drafts and he's always available at 35-40.

Just looking at the teams behind us I could see the next 10 picks take him, especially the Ravens, so I'm going to advise you that mock draft sites are pretty much just video games only they don't have the benefit of actual information to base their metrics on. I don't see Legette touching the 2nd rd. 

On 4/11/2024 at 2:55 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

My own speculation:

13.  R. Odunze / Brian Thomas Jr - There is a VERY big difference between these two players. The fact that you would trade up to 13 for Thomas makes me question anything you post on the draft

33.  Xavier Legette / Troy Franklin - See above. Legette should be gone by this time and you're overdrafting Franklin, these two are not interchangeable. 

On 4/11/2024 at 6:10 PM, mannc said:

As I said above, I could envision a trade with Chicago because the Bears have only four picks in this draft and would likely be tempted by pick 60...that's really the only deal I could see with the Bills getting into the top 10...the problem is that I think other teams will also be targeting the Bears for a trade up... 

What would we give then THIS YEAR that would prompt them to make that trade? Our 1st and 2nd followed by next year's 1st and 2nd? So we pick one guy and then don't pick again til the 4th rd in this draft?

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

What would we give then THIS YEAR that would prompt them to make that trade? Our 1st and 2nd followed by next year's 1st and 2nd? So we pick one guy and then don't pick again til the 4th rd in this draft?

I think they would consider moving back to 28 in exchange for 60, plus next year's first, or maybe both of our second round picks next year.  I don't see any way we could move up into the top half of the first round without giving up 60 this year.  Teams don't want to drop back that far without some immediate return...

21 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Just looking at the teams behind us I could see the next 10 picks take him, especially the Ravens, so I'm going to advise you that mock draft sites are pretty much just video games only they don't have the benefit of actual information to base their metrics on. I don't see Legette touching the 2nd rd. 

We shall see, I don't like your odds. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does this guy know something? 98 would be a 3rd round pick.

If four WRs are gone by the middle of the first round, I would find it tempting.  You don't pull the trigger, of course until the Steelers are on the clock.  

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Absolutely no way in the world would this make sense.  If they give up 60 in this draft they are nuts.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

From a trade chart perspective it’s actually a slight win for the Bills. 

I’m just spitballing as I think they would want Brian Thomas but is he there at 20? I mean small chance. The Dolphins have spent a lot of time with Xavier Worthy so could it be Buffalo trying to move ahead of them for Worthy? 

I actually don’t mind giving up 60 because it’s a very dead spot for the Bills when it comes to position of need. Sure you could say Safety but the Bills might be getting just as good a safety in the 3rd/4th as in the 2nd. My grading of safeties isn’t that far apart. 

I fully expect DL to be washed by the time 60 roles around and they might be able to get an offensive tackle but goal # 1 is to get a big play WR in this draft. 

With that said Fillipponi is kind of known as a blowhard at times down in the Pittsburgh area so this could be more conjecture than something he’s heard 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

From a trade chart perspective it’s actually a slight win for the Bills. 

I’m just spitballing as I think they would want Brian Thomas but is he there at 20? I mean small chance. The Dolphins have spent a lot of time with Xavier Worthy so could it be Buffalo trying to move ahead of them for Worthy? 

I actually don’t mind giving up 60 because it’s a very dead spot for the Bills when it comes to position of need. Sure you could say Safety but the Bills might be getting just as good a safety in the 3rd/4th as in the 2nd. My grading of safeties isn’t that far apart. 

I fully expect DL to be washed by the time 60 roles around and they might be able to get an offensive tackle but goal # 1 is to get a big play WR in this draft. 

I agree that 60 isn’t the best spot this year … but I don’t see how trading down helps … they should be looking at trading up and getting another top prospect in this draft …

In relation to the first pick …If Brian Thomas costs more than a fourth to move up for ( which means 2-3 spots ) than  move on to the next guy …

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I agree that 60 isn’t the best spot this year … but I don’t see how trading down helps … they should be looking at trading up and getting another top prospect in this draft …

In relation to the first pick …If Brian Thomas costs more than a fourth to move up for ( which means 2-3 spots ) than  move on to the next guy …

Your moving up 8 spots in the first and getting back a 3rd. 

I’ve constantly said however Beane has it ranked if there is a large gap in their player rankings at WR such as Thomas than a big gap or whoever their number 5 guy is and 6th guy than make the move. 

If they have 4-10 ranked somewhat similarly than by all means pick at 28 or move down

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Your moving up 8 spots in the first and getting back a 3rd. 

I’ve constantly said however Beane has it ranked if there is a large gap in their player rankings at WR such as Thomas than a big gap or whoever their number 5 guy is and 6th guy than make the move. 

If they have 4-10 ranked somewhat similarly than by all means pick at 28 or move down

yes .. I can do the maths … Im not saying they aren’t getting value for the move .

I don’t think either of us are going to know  Beane plans or how they value these guys… I can only offer my opinions and moving up for Thomas expending more draft capital than a fourth  is not my preferred option …after comparing him to the 5th and 6th guys who are likely available at the original pick 

Edited by Aussie Joe

If they’re ok to move off 60 to move up, they should take the bigger swing and include 28,60 and next years 1st and try to get Rome.

If they truly believe BTJR is a difference maker then ok. This is some big boy decision making on Bean’s plate this offseason, say what you want about Bean but he’s not gonna go down scared and timid.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, julian said:

If they’re ok to move off 60 to move up, they should take the bigger swing and include 28,60 and next years 1st and try to get Rome.

If they truly believe BTJR is a difference maker then ok. This is some big boy decision making on Bean’s plate this offseason, say what you want about Bean but he’s not gonna go down scared and timid.

It’s a two way street … teams don’t necessarily want to move from the Top 10 to 28… or they want more than Beane is prepared to give up

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s a two way street … teams don’t necessarily want to move from the Top 10 to 28… or they want more than Beane is prepared to give up

I agree yeah of course, if there’s no takers than so be it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm.

I've had this feeling about the Giants and a Quarterback for a while. But equally if you are sitting there at #6 and you have a specific receiver preference why not let it be known that you are looking at QBs to try and encourage Minnesota or Denver or the Raiders to trade up ahead of you into #4 or #5 which takes a potential wide receiver team out of your way and increases the chances your guy gets to #6. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've had this feeling about the Giants and a Quarterback for a while. But equally if you are sitting there at #6 and you have a specific receiver preference why not let it be known that you are looking at QBs to try and encourage Minnesota or Denver or the Raiders to trade up ahead of you into #4 or #5 which takes a potential wide receiver team out of your way and increases the chances your guy gets to #6. 

True but Schoen really can’t be feeling comfortable hitching his wagon to Daniel Jones. Something needs to be done at the QB position or he and Daboll

are going to be canned after next year 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, DJB said:

True but Schoen really can’t be feeling comfortable hitching his wagon to Daniel Jones. Something needs to be done at the QB position or he and Daboll

Yea. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB or even move to #4 to do so. I was just meaning even if you are not going to there is reason for the Giants to make everyone think they are going to. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB or even move to #4 to do so. I was just meaning even if you are not going to there is reason for the Giants to make everyone think they are going to. 

I don't care what they say, they have to take a QB to safe their jobs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm.

Schoen should do whatever it takes to get HIS QB.

Just like Buf did in a similar class with 4 -5 elite prospects 

They didn't draft Jones and can get out that deal next year. Thank God they took Saquon in 17

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It doesn’t surprise me either that they want one but are they too late. They’re still going to be bad with a rookie. I would say they would get another year but they’re in NY where expectations are high and patience is low. 

If they win 6 games with Jones/Rookie they might be looking for new jobs after this season. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Absolutely for sure 

3 hours ago, DJB said:

That’s true, but just grabbing the 4th QB does not necessarily solve the problem.  They need to be sure that McCarthy or Penix or Nix are any better than Jones plus if they grab a rookie QB they still don’t have any receivers - maybe could get one in 2nd.

36 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That’s true, but just grabbing the 4th QB does not necessarily solve the problem.  They need to be sure that McCarthy or Penix or Nix are any better than Jones plus if they grab a rookie QB they still don’t have any receivers - maybe could get one in 2nd.

True but drafting a rookie QB likely buys that management group another year or two. We all know Danny Dimes isn’t the answer so sticking with him is a death sentence 

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

True but drafting a rookie QB likely buys that management group another year or two. We all know Danny Dimes isn’t the answer so sticking with him is a death sentence 

It’s a tough one.  Jones isn’t great, but he’s not terrible either and you could argue that he’s the least of their problems.  The roster needs help badly and they need the most help at WR, which is where this draft is strongest and deepest.  The worst thing they could do is trade up for a qb who may or may not be better than Jones. I think they stay put or trade back to get more premium picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Peter Schrager on X: "Georgia tight end Brock Bowers will be in Florham Park today, on an official visit with the New York Jets. 👀 @gmfb @nflnetwork @NFLonFOX" / X (twitter.com)

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hmm.

I suppose it'd really depend on whether the Giants see their QB in this draft or the next, if it's next draft then it'd make a lot of sense to use their pick to get ammunition to get in position next draft.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1