OJ Simpson dead at 76

Bigvinny

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

So, of all the things to hold an emotion over you choose to keep a special place in your heart for OJ Simpson?  Weak.

I could care less about the guy, just find it sad people idolize the guy regardless of his football accomplishments

1 minute ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

So sorry to hear... Proven innocent Found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the court of law... but people with no real clue will judge 

Rip OJ... My condolences to his family.

Fixed it for you.

This isn't picking a nit, it's an important thing to know about the justice system.  No one is ever "proven innocent" in a court of law.

They are found "not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt".  

It's in the instructions given to every jury in every criminal trial.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He was found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. And then found responsible for the murders by a preponderance of the evidence.

Great minds think alike.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

Fixed it for you.

This isn't picking a nit, it's an important thing to know about the justice system.  No one is ever "proven innocent" in a court of law.

Yeah it'd be weird for him to be proven innocent and then found civilly liable.

I'm just going to say that he was one of the top five greatest running backs in NFL history, his highlight film is amazingly fun to watch, and he was an all time great Buffalo Bill, and leave it at that.

May whatever lies ahead for him in the great hereafter befit the total sum of his lifetime here on earth.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

If he held this power of emotion over you I suggest you seek an opportunity to explore more beneficial meanings in your life.

I pictured a guy with a tin foil hat behind a keyboard wrote this, am I right?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

Many. I don't remember them all but he was upset she didn't attend a job of his as a chef or something for his debut iirc. And he has a rough upbringing, some jealousy, etc.

Google Jason Simpson Nicole Brown.

I don't know. I felt that OJ was guilty and hurts being the respect I had for him prior but it goes on to show that celebrities shouldn't be idolized without truly knowing them as people.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I could care less about the guy, just find it sad people idolize the guy regardless of his football accomplishments

No, you cared enough to hate him. The opposite of love is not hate. It is apathy.

Your emotions of hate, bitterness, contempt, etc are still a burden for which you choose to carry.

If did not care or cared less you'd not put forth effort to proclaim any belief or intentions on someone you've never met nor come within 2 miles of in your life.

So, you're weak.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He was found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. And then found responsible for the murders by a preponderance of the evidence.

Yep. And the prosecution having him try that glove on was the damned dumbest tactic ever. Lost them the trial.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

It wasn't. He was found innocent. He is now dead.

There are interesting things to say about the man but judgement has been cast upon him by someone/something/somehow more than we can/did.

Boyst, I KNOW you know better than that.  The criminal justice system finds no one "innocent". 

You're either found "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt", or "not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt"

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, boyst said:

No, you cared enough to hate him. The opposite of love is not hate. It is apathy.

Your emotions of hate, bitterness, contempt, etc are still a burden for which you choose to carry.

If did not care or cared less you'd not put forth effort to proclaim any belief or intentions on someone you've never met nor come within 2 miles of in your life.

So, you're weak.

You are one interesting cat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. But the intention was true.

The justice system was never to find innocence in people by design. They are always presumed innocent until not. In this case, he is innocent of the crime

The personal litigation is 100% different and has no legal merit beyond decree.

Edited by boyst
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I pictured a guy with a tin foil hat behind a keyboard wrote this, am I right?

Tinfoil is no en vogue. Copper. It blocks the electrons from space x beams. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Fixed it for you.

Ok works for me.... 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Boyst, I KNOW you know better than that.  The criminal justice system finds no one "innocent". 

You're either found "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt", or "not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt"

Yes, true. Easy to bungle up but the effect is the same.

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Correct. But the intention was true.

The justice system was never to find innocence in people by design. They are always presumed innocent until not. In this case, he is innocent of the crime

The personal litigation is 100% different and has no legal merit beyond decry.

Oh, now you're just *****-stirring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yep. And the prosecution having him try that glove on was the damned dumbest tactic ever. Lost them the trial.

seinfeld-the-caddy.webp

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Her needs to put the bong down. 

Meth, I think. 

Tennessee, after all.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ok, he was found not guilty.  Can you explain the difference?

4 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

One of the greatest running backs of all time

The only Bills player who was, for a time, inarguably the best player in the NFL. IMO, the best running back of all time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Spun said:

For those who grew up throwing snowballs, we know wet gloves shrink.

if i remember correctly, oj was off some medications which made his hands swell.  apparently it wasn't just the shrinking of the gloves.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Who is going to find Nicole’s killer now?

The Goldman’s finally receive some justice.  

I do wonder how they feel, and how Nicole's family feels, having Simpson reportedly die "surrounded by his children and grandchildren".

Those are Nicole's children and grandchildren, whom she never got the chance to watch grow or to meet.