Josh Allen Snapped at Diggs - Per Tim Graham

wppete

6 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I really wish the media would do their jobs and stop rehashing the Diggs drama. It’s over and done with. 

They need to focus on what really happened with Brittany. I need to know the scoop.  

The NFL is a 365 24/7 operation. We are in the heart of the off season.

What do all the fans complaining and commenting here want the media to talk about?Potential practice squad players? No one cares about that. The audience cares about superstars. That's Diggs and Allen.

When Buffalo was an irrelevant franchise (for more than a generation!) fans complained that the media wouldn't talk about them and always disrespected them. Now, the media is in love with the Bills and fans still complain.

Josh Allen is an icon and everything about him will be a national or even an international story. He's part of the fabric of the NFL now.  This is because he's so immensely talented.

We can't have it both ways. With immense talent comes hyper publicity. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Great analysis. Diggs is an extreme narcissist and not a team player.  Talks a big game but doesn't show up when it matters most. Disgraceful human being. Fake AF. Glad he's gone.

Disgraceful human being?  Come on man.  Is he a drama queen?  Yes.  Do I think he's a bad guy?  No.   

• Thank you (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Disgraceful human being?  Come on man.  Is he a drama queen?  Yes.  Do I think he's a bad guy?  No.   

Fair enough.

I'm mad at him because he could have been part of the solution, but instead made himself part of the problem. Taking himself out of games? Undermining his QB's confidence? Allowing his brother to bash Allen on Twitter and not sticking up for Allen? Allen is 27 and needs a good support system around him. Diggs was the worst kind of personality.

Dorsey and Diggs majorly screwed up the O in 2023 and it's a damn shame.

How did KC fare after they got rid of Tyreek Hill? (Immensely talented but also a head case).

Diggs is a top 20 receiver who benefited from having a top 3 QB. I don't wish him well. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Fair enough.

I'm mad at him because he could have been part of the solution, but instead made himself part of the problem. Taking himself out of games? Undermining his QB's confidence? Allowing his brother to bash Allen on Twitter and not sticking up for Allen? Allen is 27 and needs a good support system around him. Diggs was the worst kind of personality.

Dorsey and Diggs majorly screwed up the O in 2023 and it's a damn shame.

How did KC fare after they got rid of Tyreek Hill? (Immensely talented but also a head case).

Diggs is a top 20 receiver who benefited from having a top 3 QB. I don't wish him well. 

I'm glad its over with Diggs. I do however wish him well because the guy made to many good plays in a Bills uni for me to just forget about everything him and Josh accomplished together. Diggs wants to win a championship and with Stroud he just might.

It would not surprise me IF both Allen and Diggs are more sad about how a good friendship ended then anything.

Daboll never seemed to have any problem getting good production out of Diggs and Dorsey was fired for a reason IMO. Luckily Beane made sure Andy Reid didn't get ahold of Diggs. I'm pretty sure Reid would find many, many ways to feed Diggs the football.

Edited by Figster
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it's Josh's team now and there is NO ONE left that would dare call him out, even if/when he is playing like crap and possibly not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. So we'll see.

Interesting enough, Diggs has never actually been WRONG about any of his many complaints over the years.

Zimmer and the Vikes' run-first offense.

McD's coaching in 13 seconds

Players quitting throughout the 2022 season.

Josh checked out and befuddled in the Cincy game.

Dorsey on the wrong track to start 2023.

Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win.

444046dd-1bb8-4024-99b6-019a16c38eeb_tex

You can be wrong even if you're right.  It found him out of Minnesota and Buffalo.  BTW I'm pretty sure Diggs wasn't the only one to see those issues, he's just the one being immature about trying to fix them.

43 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

You can be wrong even if you're right.  It found him out of Minnesota and Buffalo.  BTW I'm pretty sure Diggs wasn't the only one to see those issues, he's just the one being immature about trying to fix them.

It's easy to point out problems but coming up with solutions is that hard part.  In the salary cap era being able to sign and keep players is a problem.  If a high paid Diva wants to do something how about taking a pay cut on his huge salary cap number so the team can sign a couple defenders or maybe another player or two on offense that could make the difference.  But I don't see anybody standing in line to take a pay cut or on the other side of the coin ownership or management looking to cut ticket prices to give the fans a break or raise the cap to pay players more either.  Pro sports is the entertainment business and that's kind of how it is now.  Like or hate Diggs this was just a business decision all around.

20 hours ago, wppete said:

Per Tim Graham Josh Allen snapped at Stephon Diggs after the Jets loss. Explains alot.

"Josh Allen snapped at him, and he said 'It's one f****** game' and motioned I'm not talking to you here," Graham said. "Diggs walked away and Josh sat there...He didn't snap at anybody else. A stream of players were coming over, popping him on the shoulder pads, or patting him on the back, or dapping him up. Whatever Stefon Diggs said to him, Josh Allen wasn't having it."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-stefon-diggs-trade-argument-new-york-jets#:~:text="Josh Allen snapped at him,back%2C or dapping him up.

What do you think it explains?

This was previously presented and transcribed, not as interpreted by Florio but from the original Tim Graham and Friends podcast.

The context is that Allen was taking the loss hard, was still sitting at his locker with a towel over his head, disconsolate.  Kyle Allen was trying to console him and a stream of other players was coming by to offer Allen an encouraging word

21 hours ago, wppete said:

Per Tim Graham Josh Allen snapped at Stephon Diggs after the Jets loss. Explains alot.

"Josh Allen snapped at him, and he said 'It's one f****** game' and motioned I'm not talking to you here," Graham said. "Diggs walked away and Josh sat there...He didn't snap at anybody else. A stream of players were coming over, popping him on the shoulder pads, or patting him on the back, or dapping him up. Whatever Stefon Diggs said to him, Josh Allen wasn't having it."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-stefon-diggs-trade-argument-new-york-jets#:~:text="Josh Allen snapped at him,back%2C or dapping him up.

Here is a link to the original coverage with my transcript

If we're gonna discuss this in its own thread, maybe we can go to the source.

11 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

How big a dick would we think any Bills player was if they went up to Bass after he missed that FG against KC to ream him out?  There is NO excuse for Diggs to have gone after Allen at that point.  None what-so-ever.  Add this to his publicly yelling at Allen on the sidelines in the Bengal's playoff game and I say good riddance Diggs.  It may hurt us this year but in the long run this was the best thing that could happen to this team.

So if the white QB yells at the black WR on the sideline it's ok. But if the black WR yells at the white QB it's a no no. 

Got it!

I saw Brady yell at his guys multiple times on the sideline and nobody ever called him a diva.

Mahommes and his WR argued on the sideline during the SuperBowl. Kelce argued and pushed his coach.  All water under the bridge because they won.

And lastly, why do kickers get a pass. Norwood cost us a SuperBowl.  He failed his biggest moment in his professional career.  Yes Levy, Talley, and Kelly were just as culpable for losing SuperBowl XXV but why does Norwood get a pass? Why should Bass be absolved. He didn't do his job, maybe somebody should have gotten in his grill so he fixes his issues. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it's Josh's team now and there is NO ONE left that would dare call him out, even if/when he is playing like crap and possibly not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. So we'll see.

Interesting enough, Diggs has never actually been WRONG about any of his many complaints over the years.

Zimmer and the Vikes' run-first offense.

McD's coaching in 13 seconds

Players quitting throughout the 2022 season.

Josh checked out and befuddled in the Cincy game.

Dorsey on the wrong track to start 2023.

Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win.

444046dd-1bb8-4024-99b6-019a16c38eeb_tex

You're better than this.

Be better.

First of all, in the original source, Tim Graham on the Tim Graham and Friends podcast, Graham described how disconsolate Allen was after the game, really taking the loss hard, sitting there after the game at his locker in his pads still, with a towel over his head.

Second, even Tim Graham - who was there - didn't know what Diggs said to Allen, so you can stick your "didn't want to hear...." creation somewhere.

I have no idea what "players quitting throughout the 2022 season" means.

Last, there are constructive ways and destructive ways to call a guy out.  If you want to actually ahve a constructive impact, you need to do things in a constructive way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You're better than this.

Be better.

First of all, in the original source, Tim Graham on the Tim Graham and Friends podcast, Graham described how disconsolate Allen was after the game, really taking the loss hard, sitting there after the game at his locker in his pads still, with a towel over his head.

Second, even Tim Graham - who was there - didn't know what Diggs said to Allen, so you can stick your "didn't want to hear...." creation somewhere.

Last, there are constructive ways and destructive ways to call a guy out.  If you want to actually ahve a constructive impact, you need to do things in a constructive way.

Excellent points!

We have no idea what was said. Maybe Diggs was being a condescending dick. Maybe he wasn't.  

The thing I remember about the MNF opener was how down Allen sounded, starting off with the "same s--- different day" line really struck me.

2023 was a weird year for the team overall. Something seemed off (to me) all year about them. Might have nothing at all to do with Diggs but it did start with him having some sort of issue around minicamp and McDermott saying he was concerned. 

All that said, IF Diggs was upset about something and was vocal about it that doesn't mean he was wrong. It depends on the circumstances. 

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I saw Brady yell at his guys multiple times on the sideline and nobody ever called him a diva.

Comparing Brady to someone who ***** himself in the playoffs is crazy

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You're better than this.

Be better.

I literally called Diggs an a-hole to end my post. Illustrating that just because he was technically correct, it doesnt mean he carried himself the right way in order to successfully get his point across.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I literally called Diggs an a-hole to end my post. Illustrating that just because he was technically correct, it doesnt mean he carried himself the right way in order to successfully get his point across.

Valid point, and we absolutely agree that Diggs didn't choose the right time or apparently the right words (whatever they were) to constructively call out a teammate.

That leaves the point that you CREATED words from Diggs when even Graham, who was right there, didn't hear what Diggs actually said.

Second, you implied that Josh didn't know very well that his on-field decision making cost his team a win - when in the context Tim Graham gave in his podcast (he was disconsolate, sitting there in his pads with a towel over his head, clearly taking it hard) there is every reason to believe he knew very well.

I repeat - I KNOW you're better than this.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Valid point, and we absolutely agree that Diggs didn't choose the right time or apparently the right words (whatever they were) to constructively call out a teammate.

That leaves the point that you CREATED words from Diggs when even Graham, who was right there, didn't hear what Diggs actually said.

Second, you implied that Josh didn't know very well that his on-field decision making cost his team a win - when in the context Tim Graham gave in his podcast (he was disconsolate, sitting there in his pads with a towel over his head, clearly taking it hard) there is every reason to believe he knew very well.

I repeat - I KNOW you're better than this.

What did I "create"? I'm in this thread multiple times saying we have no idea what was said. You're probably being too literal again if you think I actually think Diggs said "your dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us the game". lol of course he didnt.

My point was that Josh KNEW it was his dumb decisions and 3 ints that cost us the game and didnt want to hear anything more about it from anyone, other than the guys telling him "dont worry, we'll get em next time".

The one thing you are correct about is that I AM better than the little credit you are giving me in your assumptions :thumbsup:

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, JoshAllin said:

Comparing Brady to someone who ***** himself in the playoffs is crazy

No it isn't. 

Calling Brady fiery and OBJ out of control is lazy and borderline racist. The media does this all the time.

Manning got in shouting arguments with Jeff Saturday. Go watch the video Manning is being a jerk to Saturday.  Does that show emotion and leadership or immaturity? Or is it two guys that are competitors and at the end of the day respect each other and can move on after the game.

Again winning cures everything! If you are a winner this behavior is tolerated and even lauded. Case in point your response to me including Brady. When you lose then it gets dissected and critiqued usually in a negative light. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

I mean, I lean more towards Diggs being a problem, but that doesn’t mean that Josh is perfect. 

Completely agree.  I think diggs show he was more of a problem when he started to sour with the media.  Not doing interviews and then when he would do them he would spin the question back at the reporter to either give no answer or absolve himself from saying anything wrong. 

Then you have Allen going out to address the situation, which I still think was a bad move by the bills PR team, to try to put water on the fire seemingly ever week through the season.

Allen very well could have just been trying to say at the right things also but he didn't ignore the questions.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

So if the white QB yells at the black WR on the sideline it's ok. But if the black WR yells at the white QB it's a no no. 

Got it!

Mahommes and his WR argued on the sideline during the SuperBowl. Kelce argued and pushed his coach.  All water under the bridge because they won.

And lastly, why do kickers get a pass. Norwood cost us a SuperBowl.  He failed his biggest moment in his professional career.  Yes Levy, Talley, and Kelly were just as culpable for losing SuperBowl XXV but why does Norwood get a pass? Why should Bass be absolved. He didn't do his job, maybe somebody should have gotten in his grill so he fixes his issues. 

No one was talking race and you think it has anything to do with that you are mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Got it!

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What did I "create"?

"Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win."

It's literally what you wrote.  It's not "on" the reader to infer that you were being metaphorical, it's "on" you to write more clearly.

My point was that Josh KNEW it was his dumb decisions and 3 ints that cost us the game and didnt want to hear anything more about it from anyone, other than the guys telling him "dont worry, we'll get em next time".

If that's you're point, it's incorrect.  You don't know that either.  You don't know what Kyle Allen was saying to him, you don't know what the other guys Tim Graham couldn't hear or wasn't reporting on said.

The one thing you are correct about is that I AM better than the little credit you are giving me in your assumptions :thumbsup:

I'm willing to believe, Walk the Walk.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Got it!

Haven’t seen any indications in any of the reporting or commentary that race has anything whatsoever to do with this—where is that coming from? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Got it!

What does race have to do with it? 

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

I don’t. I said I don’t know. Read it again.

But you throw it out there.

22 hours ago, Success said:

Anyone else wildly relieved that Diggs is gone?

Loved what he did for us, but he was & is the diva Vikings fans were talking about when we traded for him.

I couldn’t be more relieved. I thought it was all but an impossibility due to his contract. No WR except Randy Moss or Terrell Owen’s is worth that amount of drama. If you’re going to talk **** then at least back it up on the field. Year after year Diggs has disappeared in the post-season being outshined by Gabe Davis and Shakir last season. Dude comes here and puts up career numbers even leading the league in receiving yards one year, numbers he never had in Minnesota and yet still feels the need to complain. Have fun being the 2nd option in Houston. I bet he doesn’t even crack 1000 yards. I can’t wait until the real truth comes out down the road. I bet it’s even worse than we all thought. This is the definition of “addition by subtraction.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What color is the sky in your world?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/8/2024 at 1:58 PM, Nephilim17 said:

The good news is we will have to wait at least three more years till whatever WR we draft has an oversized ego and follows in Steph's path!

Cherish the next 1000 days or so!

That doesn't mean we can't sharpen the pitchforks ahead of time. Don't tell me how to spend my next 1000 days! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Got it!

Yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What does race have to do with it? 

But you throw it out there.

Um yeah. 

Clearly Allen and Diggs had a problem.

I said it’s probably mostly Diggs, but we don’t know if he had some valid complaints about Allen too. There hasn’t been a reported big problem with Shakir or Dawkins or any other players with Allen or Diggs. They could both be at fault or Diggs could just be a nut.

That’s all ostensibly true. 

Not sure how anyone could argue with that. I’m not a reporter. It’s a message board.

Edited by FireChans

19 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Got it!

Thank you for providing comic relief as frequently as you do.