Who Should the Bills draft at 28 (TSW community mock version 1.0)) 2024

Who should the Bills draft in the TSW mock v1.0  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft in the TSW mock v1.0

• AD Mitchell WR Texas
    • Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/2024 at 12:30 PM

With the Diggs news I added a lot of WRs (I think everyone wanted that before the trade anyway). 

See the thread here for players gone: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/253926-tsw-mock-draft-10-the-cardinals-gonzo1105-are-on-the-clock/

I will pare it down as we move along, if the player you want isn't listed please write their name in the comments.

Edited by section122

I voted Worthy.  Then I’d take another in RD 2.  

It’s going to be tough to pass up that element we just don’t have.  And really haven’t since Smoke.  

It’s close rn for me with him or Mitchell.   

• Like (+1) 1

I’m really torn. I normally would have wanted Mitchell or Franklin. But now that we traded Diggs I want Worthy for his spot. Hoping to get another WR in rd 2 or 3-4 (yes I’m aware we’d have to trade up for a 3rd). Maybe Legette is there in the 2nd, maybe Polk, Wilson, Walker, or Burton is there in the 3rd or 4th. 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

It’s going to be tough to pass up that element we just don’t have.  And really haven’t since Smoke.  

Great minds 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

For me it's between Worthy and Legette.  Worthy's speed is something that sticks out obviously and he was more productive than Mitchell.

I know Franklin had a tough combine but his advanced stats have him very highly ranked.  

If this is how the real draft played out, I think a trade down would be very enticing for Buffalo as there are so many options.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, section122 said:

With the Diggs news I added a lot of WRs (I think everyone wanted that before the trade anyway). 

See the thread here for players gone: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/253926-tsw-mock-draft-10-the-cardinals-gonzo1105-are-on-the-clock/

I will pare it down as we move along, if the player you want isn't listed please write their name in the comments.

Can you do me a favor and add TSW 1.0 to the title, so people don't get confused as we run more polls

Mitchell would be nice, then McConky (sp) a bit later in the draft, 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Xavier Legette WR South Carolina someone the Bills have spent a lot of time with?

Yes they have 

• Like (+1) 1

• section122 changed the title to Who Should the Bills draft at 28 (TSW community mock version 1.0)) 2024
30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Xavier Legette WR South Carolina someone the Bills have spent a lot of time with?

Senior Bowl, combine, and attended his pro day. I wouldn’t say that’s a lot of time but we haven’t been getting much news about top 30s and private workouts yet so their may be more we don’t know about.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

i think he had a kid and wanted to be closer to home

29 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why did Mitchell leave Georgia to go to Texas?

Coleman transferred from Michigan State because he wanted to be down south.

• Like (+1) 1

I went Mitchell, but all these guys have some flaws in their game. Mitchell’s is that effort thing when the ball isn’t going his way, and that can be fixed imo. Can’t really fix size and speed, so he’s the guy I went with. 

The knock on AD Mitchell is his body language and effort when the ball isn't going his way.

Call me crazy, but the LAST thing I want after trading Stefon Diggs away is a guy whose default mode when not getting the ball is "phoning it in".

Combine that with his failure to ever crack 1,000 yards in a season or truly dominate as a college receiver, and I couldn't in all good conscience vote for him.

For what it's worth, if this exact scenario presented itself to Buffalo come draft night, I think they'd draft Kool-Aid McKinstry. That's not who I voted for, because that's not what I would do. But I believe it's what Beane would do if this is how the draft played out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think Thomas would cost two 1st round picks and though I like him, I'm not sure I like him that much, Mitchell I think is next best and I'd be happy if he's the pick.

With Diggs dealt, I'm starting to get the feeling that McConkey will be the pick.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The knock on AD Mitchell is his body language and effort when the ball isn't going his way.

Call me crazy, but the LAST thing I want after trading Stefon Diggs away is a guy whose default mode when not getting the ball is "phoning it in".

Combine that with his failure to ever crack 1,000 yards in a season or truly dominate as a college receiver, and I couldn't in all good conscience vote for him.

For what it's worth, if this exact scenario presented itself to Buffalo come draft night, I think they'd draft Kool-Aid McKinstry. That's not who I voted for, because that's not what I would do. But I believe it's what Beane would do if this is how the draft played out.

That is one knock on Mitchell, the other is that he only average 3.2 yards after the catch despite being a 4.3 speed guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

At this rate, we might get to close the poll by 7p.  

It seems to be clear cut.  Unless you're expecting a batch of mail-in votes....? 😁

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

This was my concern as well. But I have been in clinics with Steve Skarsisian and I have to be honest, he is not impressive. He does not strike me as a guy who gets the most out of his players. 

When I looked at the flaws of the other guys Coleman 4.6 is a little scary, but his affinity for playing down south was a bit of a red flag. 

I like speed but I don’t love Worthy as a fit in our offense. 

Leggette is a monster, but I am always afraid of the one year wonders and he is a bit older than these other guys. 

For me it came down to Mitchell and Franklin and Mitchell is just bigger and faster so I think he is more likely to hit. JMO

• Like (+1) 1

Ive pared it down again and barring a miracle it looks like ad mitchell will be the pick.  

Ill hop back in around 7 and see if it needs to be knocked down to a top 2 or 3 or if it is locked up.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went Legette but he felt like the Diggs counterpart. Now, I expect the Bills to trade up and grab one of the big 3. They’ll take another on the mid rounds.

In a way, trading Diggs makes the draft easier. A WR in the 1st round is a no brainer. Personally I think their goal now will be to draft two complementary WRs by the end of day two. Something like Legette/McConkey or Franklin/Polk. We need a starting X and a starting Z out of this draft. Two young studs to grow with Allen as he enters the back half of his career. I could see us trading one of our 2025 2nds to move up in this year's 2nd and come away with two top 50 WRs.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In a way, trading Diggs makes the draft easier. A WR in the 1st round is a no brainer. Personally I think their goal now will be to draft two complementary WRs by the end of day two. Something like Legette/McConkey or Franklin/Polk. We need a starting X and a starting Z out of this draft. Two young studs to grow with Allen as he enters the back half of his career. I could see us trading one of our 2025 2nds to move up in this year's 2nd and come away with two top 50 WRs.

That’s not a bad strategy. I think that they’re set on trying to get one of the top 3. They want a surefire number 1 on a rookie deal. They can use next year’s 1 and one of those 2’s (if need be) with whatever mid round picks to secure one.  Something like: 28, pick 133, ‘25 1st & ‘25 2nd to get to 4,5, or 6. You can maybe pull out the 2nd next year if you wait until 9. 

Would the Cardinals take 28, a 2025 1st & 2nd and a 4th this year for 4? The Bills could still grab another WR in the 4th. 

The draft could start something like: 
- MHJ

- d lineman

- Javon Baker or McMillian or Polk

Trade back like 5 spots and get a 3rd and then use the 3rd to trade up in the 2nd. Draft who is left of Worthy, Mitchell, Franklin, McConkey, then get another guy in round 2 if any of those guys are still left like 10 picks later.

In this scenario if we somehow wound up with Worthy or Mitchell plus Franklin or McConkey then we would be back in business.

Edited by KDIGGZ

Of the remaining options,nobody consistently gets seperation,is more versatile,and has an elite shuttle time like McConkey. Ran a 4.39  I think he fits JB's gameplan well with Shakir/Samuel all being versatile, imagine the pre snap motions. Add in the DK's and Cook,it could be quite interesting. Also,grab Javon Baker(or similar) later and I'd be thrilled

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not a bad strategy. I think that they’re set on trying to get one of the top 3. They want a surefire number 1 on a rookie deal. They can use next year’s 1 and one of those 2’s (if need be) with whatever mid round picks to secure one.  Something like: 28, pick 133, ‘25 1st & ‘25 2nd to get to 4,5, or 6. You can maybe pull out the 2nd next year if you wait until 9. 

Would the Cardinals take 28, a 2025 1st & 2nd and a 4th this year for 4? The Bills could still grab another WR in the 4th. 

The draft could start something like: 
- MHJ

- d lineman

- Javon Baker or McMillian or Polk

I honestly didn’t think we would go WR until rd4 a week ago. Now not only think they will go with a wr in rd1 I believe they make a crazy move and try for one of the top 3-4 guys 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Of the remaining options,nobody consistently gets seperation,is more versatile,and has an elite shuttle time like McConkey. Ran a 4.39  I think he fits JB's gameplan well with Shakir/Samuel all being versatile, imagine the pre snap motions. Add in the DK's and Cook,it could be quite interesting. Also,grab Javon Baker(or similar) later and I'd be thrilled

Yeah I do believe Ladd is gonna be a great player with a personality that this team would covet.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Curtis Samuel ran 4.31 at the combine, so they do have some top end speed.  I can’t get past 165lbs for Worthy - just too small for the first for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

I originally voted then you narrowed it down, am I voting again after? Says that I can. I just don’t want to screw up the vote 

Yes absolutely!

Sorry for anyone who previously voted if your option was removed, please vote again.

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Trade back like 5 spots and get a 3rd and then use the 3rd to trade up in the 2nd. Draft who is left of Worthy, Mitchell, Franklin, McConkey, then get another guy in round 2 if any of those guys are still left like 10 picks later.

In this scenario if we somehow wound up with Worthy or Mitchell plus Franklin or McConkey then we would be back in business.

I like the way you think, but who is going to be willing to give up a 3rd unless it's to take one of those WRs off the board.