Safety Julian Blackmon visiting Bills

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. Yes. Yes again.

Medicals are going to be the biggest thing. I'm sure that's why they're bringing him in for a visit. The safety market has dried up a bit so they are looking at options they wouldn't have otherwise considered.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Medicals are going to be the biggest thing. I'm sure that's why they're bringing him in for a visit. The safety market has dried up a bit so they are looking at options they wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Safety market hasn’t dried up. Still so many out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Safety market hasn’t dried up. Still so many out there.

Thats what he means....the supply far outweighs the demand at the Safety position, therefore guys the Bills thought were out of their price range now may be available at a lower cost.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He’s looked really good the past year and half . 

Colts fans are in shambles and we haven’t even signed him yet lol

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Aren't FS and SS mostly interchangeable in our scheme? 

Might be different now, Poyer and Hyde were interchangeable. 

I’m not sure that we want Rapp being a single high safety.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Missed 1 game last year. 

Or...move Johnson to Safety and draft a nickle corner.  God forbid common sense be used here.

This is what several of us hopped McDermott had fixed within himself this offseason.  Odds are We are going to spend money we don't have to for a veteran safety.  Move Johnson and or draft one between rounds 4-6.

• Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Dislike 4

15 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Seems like a good idea. Obviously Simmons would be preferable but if you can get Blackmon on a deal I definitely understand it. 

I get ya on Simmons. Blackman a bit younger and possibly his best seasons are ahead of him. Due to some injuries concerns might work at $5-6M/2 years 🤷🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Seems like a good idea. Obviously Simmons would be preferable but if you can get Blackmon on a deal I definitely understand it. 

He is young but based on his numbers no more than 3M/ yr. I'd still prefer Simmons....

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Or...move Johnson to Safety and draft a nickle corner.  God forbid common sense be used here.

This is what several of us hopped McDermott had fixed within himself this offseason.  Odds are We are going to spend money we don't have to for a veteran safety.  Move Johnson and or draft one between rounds 4-6.

No one else wants Taron Johnson to move to safety. It’s much easier to find a starting safety right now then to replace Taron Johnson.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rapp and Blackmon were always the budget starting safeties I would target in FA year one of my Madden franchise.  Blackmon is a good athlete, and put him in with a guy like McD, and I think he could be a long term option for this team.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Cray51 said:

Rapp and Blackmon were always the budget starting safeties I would target in FA year one of my Madden franchise.  Blackmon is a good athlete, and put him in with a guy like McD, and I think he could be a long term option for this team.

This is a safety friend scheme also, McD is unreal at knowing what he wants and developing them. 

11 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

don't move Johnson. Keep him where he plays well

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

McBeane Flow chart:

Is the FA high priced?

Yes

Does he play offense or defense?

Offense - don’t sign, look for cheaper talent

Defense: proceed to next question

Is the player injury prone:

No - don’t sign

Yes - proceed to next question

Did he play for the Carolina Panthers?

Yes - Sign to an awful overpriced contract.

No - Don’t sign and draft replacement with a high pick, sign a Carolina FA S or re-sign Bills FA.

Sorry folks, Simmons and Blackmon don’t fit the job requirements here at OBD.  Who is the best Safety in the draft we can get in first round?  😂 

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 1