Safety Julian Blackmon visiting Bills

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

Important to have a last line of defense

Only position without a possible/probable starter too.  No one would be comfortable with Hamlin or Lewis starting week 1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Bringing in a guy hurt 2 years Ina row, including a torn Achilles.   Right...

imagine, he may play even better than his career year being even further removed from the Achilles injury 

• Like (+1) 2

But still a bad injury for DB and WR.  And he still had time lost to another injury last year.

Has this org. Not learned it's lesson?

Yes - we have learned our lesson. Clearly, injuries happen. Lesson #1. Clearly, we need toughies and not wimps. Lesson #2 aka Tre White. When Blackmon is healthy he is a top player. This would be a big signing for us and we have Rapp too, in case. Perfecto bundoooo!

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Rapp and Blackmon were always the budget starting safeties I would target in FA year one of my Madden franchise.  Blackmon is a good athlete, and put him in with a guy like McD, and I think he could be a long term option for this team.

Completely agree. Do I want the Bills to draft alternatives? Absolutely. But Blackmon and Rapp are complementary to each other and a tandem like that would mean that the Bills are not forced into overdrafting or rushing in someone who isn't ready.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Major difference between a DB coming off a torn ACL and then an Achilles and a player 2 years removed from an Achilles and coming off a Shoulder. And even with the latter scenario, we're still having an extensive medical work up done that may or may not result in a signing.

• Agree 1

Achilles repairs have come a long way. Also, not many players escape injuries these days. If the price is right I am all in. This kid is damn good!

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Completely agree. Do I want the Bills to draft alternatives? Absolutely. But Blackmon and Rapp are complementary to each other and a tandem like that would mean that the Bills are not forced into overdrafting or rushing in someone who isn't ready.

We’d effectively have our potential Week 1 starting lineup in place, then any other FAs and draft picks can round out the squad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Draft 2 between 148 and 204 on day 3.  Rapp and Blackmon get the first shot.  Could be a solid duo. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Yes - we have learned our lesson. Clearly, injuries happen. Lesson #1. Clearly, we need toughies and not wimps. Lesson #2 aka Tre White. When Blackmon is healthy he is a top player. This would be a big signing for us and we have Rapp too, in case. Perfecto bundoooo!

Just want to be clear-are you calling White a toughie or a wimp? 

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just want to be clear-are you calling White a toughie or a wimp? 

He is the one-man Tre White hate squad on TBD. I used to keep a list of all the posters that wanted to trade Josh Allen. There were more than you would think this year when the Bills lost to Denver. But I really think that @Dillenger4 is alone in his Tre White hate.

19 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Only position without a possible/probable starter too. No one would be comfortable with Hamlin or Lewis starting week 1. 

I wouldn't be overly worried about Lewis, but I would prefer him as a backup for sure. Certainly would not want Hamlin as a starter.

McDermott knows what he is doing with the secondary, though. That's a position group we should all be trusting him on. His track record is great.

Just now, Low Positive said:

He is the one-man Tre White hate squad on TBD. I used to keep a list of all the posters that wanted to trade Josh Allen. There were more than you would think this year when the Bills lost to Denver. But I really think that @Dillenger4 is alone in his Tre White hate.

I might be alone - well, I mean most Bills fans that I know agree. Tre was good but wayyy overhyped. Anyway, yes.. I am not a fan of his. No biggie. I wish him well. I just hope he goes to the AFC East so we can have free reign all day to his side.

But back to the REAL player - Blackmon. That dude can HIT!!!!! Him and Rapp would be lethal babyyy!!!