Vikings acquire #23

I suspect you are correct, it is entertaining to watch teams jockey for position throughout free agency and the draft, 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Trade a 2nd and a 6th plus a 2025 2nd for Houston's 1st and 7th. 

That is to give them ammunition to get up again for a QB surely? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Ian Rapoport on X: "A Draft Trade!! The #Vikings and #Texans have agreed to terms on a major deal in advance of the draft, per me and @TomPelissero, landing Minnesota another 1. — Minnesota gets No. 23 and No. 232. — Houston gets No. 42, 188 and a 2025 2nd rounder. MIN moves up, HOU collects. https://t.co/ehRFqOKbFz" / X (twitter.com)

They start their move to a QB.

In Context March 12th 2018 Buffalo Bills Trade 21 and Cordy Glen to Cincy for No 12.  That 12 combined with a couple 2ns turned into 7, which well turned into the Alien.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They start their move to a QB.

In Context March 12th 2018 Buffalo Bills Trade 21 and Cordy Glen to Cincy for No 12.  That 12 combined with a couple 2ns turned into 7, which well turned into the Alien.  

I wanted to post this as soon as I saw the title.

Brandon Beane QB drafting school.

Is NE really gonna go with Bailey Zappe? Or Brissett?would have thought they would take a guy but they are the most likely out of the top 3. Getting ahead of the Giants at 6 maybe. You wouldn’t make this move unless you already had a trade partner or an idea of one and this can’t possibly be for JJ McCarthy but crazier ***** had happened in the draft when it comes to selecting QBs 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Definitely screams QB, but seems like at least one more move is needed, to assure they have a shot at one of the top guys. The question to me is, are any of the teams at the top, willing to pass on a QB and move down?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Definitely screams QB, but seems like at least one more move is needed, to assure they have a shot at one of the top guys. The question to me is, are any of the teams at the top, willing to pass on a QB and move down?

I'm shocked - Sam Darnold is not going to reincarnate himself as Baker Mayfield and lead the Vikings to glory ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean what do they do? 

It’s likely QB’s first 3 picks, right?

Williams, Maye, Daniels…?

Washington isn’t trading out of the top 3 and after the Mac Jones trade, can’t see them doing it either. So do they trade to the #1 spot?

11, 23, 2025 first? Or do they need to give up more?

Maybe they just stand pat and see if any of them fall past those teams then jump into 4 or 5 with AZ or NYG. 

Imagine AZ trade out… Man they would be absolutely stacked in this draft. 11, 23, 27, 35, 66, 71 & 90….

Just now, BBFL said:

I mean what do they do? 

Washington isn’t trading out of the top 3 and after the Mac Jones trade, can’t see them doing it either. So do they trade to the #1 spot?

Maybe they just stand pat and see if any of them fall past those teams then jump into 4 or 5 with AZ or NYG. 

Imagine AZ trade out… Man they would be absolutely stacked in this draft. 11, 23, 27, 35, 66, 71 & 90….

QB's probably are the first 3 picks but I wouldn't be surprised if MHJ goes in the top 3 either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

I mean what do they do? 

I think NE is passing on a QB which is dumb but maybe it’s to get McCarthy ahead of the Giants but either way it’s a dumb decision one way or the other 

34 minutes ago, Process said:

That seems like bad value for Houston, no? What do the charts say? Go from 23 to 42 for basically just a second round pick next year 

I come up with Texans giving up 780 and gets back about 680 points assuming using the "rule" that you downgrade a pick in following year by one round level and I assumed Viking finish next year around middle of draft.  If you don't downgrade a round, then Vikes gave up almost 900 points, so putting it in the middle of those two scenarios says it's about even??

So adding to that, they could now trade their 11th and 23rd to move up to #4.  Looks like they don't have a 3rd rounder so can't get much higher unless they make another trade to get a pick(s)

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

QB's probably are the first 3 picks but I wouldn't be surprised if MHJ goes in the top 3 either. 

I think that ship has sailed. Washington and NE traded away their QB’s. And, IMO, there’s no chance the Bears don’t take Caleb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh, I thought Micah Hyde found a new home....  😎

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think NE is passing on a QB which is dumb but maybe it’s to get McCarthy ahead of the Giants but either way it’s a dumb decision one way or the other 

Would be stupid to. Like you said in your first post, they can’t be thoroughly impressed going into the year with Brissett and Zappe…

You might be right that they are the most likely to trade out of it but who knows…

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

JJ McCarthy seems logical here for the inevitable trade up

Do you think he is gone top 10 then?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think that ship has sailed. Washington and NE traded away their QB’s. And, IMO, there’s no chance the Bears don’t take Caleb.

I agree that QB's probably go top 3, but the draft board doesn't always go the way the "experts" think it will. We see players fall in the draft all the time. I am hoping one of the top WR's fall so Beane can possibly trade up to get him if the opportunity is there.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Probably should, but I imagine Chicago's already inflated price tag would only increase in-division.

chicago has no business trading him. draft your qb. do the cousins/rgiii routine. having 2 birds in the hand isn't a bad thing unless you can win immediately and use the one bird to just get better.

bears aren't winning the north for at least 2 years. why not keep both and see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

Probably should, but I imagine Chicago's already inflated price tag would only increase in-division.

I’m sneaky starting to think they are gonna keep Fields, let him flame out the first two games, and then it’s Caleb’s team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

#23 & Fields for pick #9? 🤔

fields still has potential.

i'd go so far as give next years 1st and conditional picks if i an Minnesota. even as far as a 2026 1st round conditional

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Would be stupid to. Like you said in your first post, they can’t be thoroughly impressed going into the year with Brissett and Zappe…

You might be right that they are the most likely to trade out of it but who knows…

Do you think he is gone top 10 then?

I was doing my mock and didn’t but I did seriously think about putting McCarthy at 3. 

Don’t think he was getting out of the top 15 and now he might not get out of the top 10 after seeing this

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

chicago has no business trading him. draft your qb. do the cousins/rgiii routine. having 2 birds in the hand isn't a bad thing unless you can win immediately and use the one bird to just get better.

bears aren't winning the north for at least 2 years. why not keep both and see what happens.

One could argue that his trade value decreases by the day.

• Agree 2

Just now, Rubes said:

The Bears should call the Jets. The Jets have the #10 pick and could probably put together a strong package with picks. Rodgers is 40 going 41 and Wilson will be cut at some point. Tyrod Taylor is OK for a backup, but he isn't a long-term solution at QB either. The Jets would be a team that might be interested in Fields. 

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m sneaky starting to think they are gonna keep Fields, let him flame out the first two games, and then it’s Caleb’s team.

I can agree with the philosophy behind this plan, but I also know the Bears would manage to F@#% is up as only they can.

Mike Tannenbaum is a dummy sometimes, but during the combine he was on TV pounding the table that the Bears needed to make whatever deal they could to move Fields as quickly as possible before the other pieces fell into place.

Well, 2 weeks later and the pieces have fallen into place and the market for Fields is drying up. He was right on that one.

In typical Bears fashion, they may be STUCK keeping Fields and having to spin it like yall have positioned it.

(For what it's worth, I'm not high on Caleb Williams either, and if I were the Bears, I'd be seriously considering keeping Fields and taking MHJ #1. But that's why I'm not a GM)

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Rubes said:

it does but having him on your roster in case you don't get the qb you want or even worse - you do and he isn't the qb you expected - at least you have fields.

I can agree with the philosophy behind this plan, but I also know the Bears would manage to F@#% is up as only they can.

Mike Tannenbaum is a dummy sometimes, but during the combine he was on TV pounding the table that the Bears needed to make whatever deal they could to move Fields as quickly as possible before the other pieces fell into place.

Well, 2 weeks later and the pieces have fallen into place and the market for Fields is drying up. He was right on that one.

In typical Bears fashion, they may be STUCK keeping Fields and having to spin it like yall have positioned it.

(For what it's worth, I'm not high on Caleb Williams either, and if I were the Bears, I'd be seriously considering keeping Fields and taking MHJ #1. But that's why I'm not a GM)

I have done zero QB e v a l this year because I don’t care about them anymore. But you can’t pass on a QB with the #1 pick in back to back years with a question mark at QB. Even for an MHJ. 

If you pass on Caleb and he’s a franchise QB, you’re cooked. If you roll the dice and he flames out, at least you took the shot.

I agree with you they waited too long on Fields probably but I also think his price that was talked about was a huge overestimate. I get they were talking about a second because of the Darnold deal years back, but Darnold had a lot of scouts and FO’s in love with him and was talked about as the #1 QB prospect for 2 years. Fields was never the same prospect and has proven to be exactly who they thought he was in Chicago for 3 seasons now. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bears got offered a 4th, balked, and now there’s no deal left.

• Like (+1) 1