DaQuan Re-Signed - 2 yrs 16M

5 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

They could account for the bonus this year though or a lot of it, no? 

Yes they could … but it’s highly unlikely given how tight things are ..

Im thinking he will count about $4m on the cap in 2024 … so not a lot of savings  to cut  him for 2025 … 

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The weapon opposite Diggs will come in the Draft. Would you rather us have spent Round 1 on a Defensive Lineman? I'm sure you wouldn't have liked that either. Like it or not, these positions needed to be filled one way or the other.

At WR the Bills should try to get a proven veteran plus a couple of draft picks for the long term.

Picking at the end of round 1 in a position of desperation for immediate production at one of the most important positions on the field is asking for another season with no championship. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Jones, though not elite, looked great before the pec injury. Our defense as a whole looked violent and was flying toward the ball until Milano, Jones, and White went down. I like that we're bringing him back. I don't really look at his age with the position he plays. He's going to take up blockers in a rotational role and we'll still add another DT in the draft I think. And probably even a cheaper option on a 1 or 2 year deal a week or so down the road when the FA dust settles. 

4 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s  played excellent football. Can’t imagine how you can see this as anything but positive. Doesn’t mean the Bills won’t draft another DT but this was critical. 

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Don't agree with you on anything in this post. He had a torn pec that is a freak accident not an age issue. The Bills were never in cap trouble.  They haven't gotten rid of anybody that they didn't want to because of age and injury.

That said I applaud your contrarian post. It's fine to disagree with the board sentiment and with Beane or McDermott. 

Just because he was good doesn’t mean it continues. Part of this off season has been getting younger and out of cap trouble. And here we are signing a guy over 30 to a pretty large contract for the position. To a guy that I believe is in the downside if his career. 

the other guy in the DL they signed has never not had injury issues (AJ) since he’s been here. And disappears after all out 8 games into every season. All seems like more of the same to me. For once I was excited about the off season where we were making some real changes. Instead it’s more of the same. These guys weren’t good enough and haven’t been so let’s sign them to larger contracts and hope THEY get better. Not going to happen imo. 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

At WR the Bills should try to get a proven veteran plus a couple of draft picks for the long term.

Picking at the end of round 1 in a position of desperation for immediate production at one of the most important positions on the field is asking for another season with no championship. 

I saw an article that suggested signing DJ Chark, who I think would fill the proven veteran.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He just wasn't the same when he came back from his injury.

Maybe he came back too soon, or maybe he is showing signs of age.

I hope they have a back up plan in case it is that Jones was showing his age when he came back.

But he was excellent pre-London.

Interesting comments in this thread.  I would have thought it a no-brainer “good thing” to have DQ back in the mix, but a lot of you are worried he is falling off the cliff.  I guess we’ll see.

I heard rumors that Beane wasn't even talking to his agent so I'm a little surprised by this as all I kept hearing was younger and cheaper.  Pleasantly surprised and I hope he returns to form.  I always get squeamish when signing non qb's past the age of 30.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, eball said:

Interesting comments in this thread.  I would have thought it a no-brainer “good thing” to have DQ back in the mix, but a lot of you are worried he is falling off the cliff.  I guess we’ll see.

When the wall comes for those big guys it comes fast. I'd have preferred one year $8m and kick some of that money into a void year to make it fit than two years $16m. I'm not sad that he is back so much as I thought it should be a year at a time for him at this stage of his career. 

• Agree 2

Daquan was the most important Bill to resign IMO.  Now we have retained most of our important FA Bills, it is game on for Beane and company.  Here comes the second wave of FA, discount shopping!  Lets add a skilled WR and Safety

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

Daquan was the most important Bill to resign IMO.  Now we have retained most of our important FA Bills, it is game on for Beane and company.  Here comes the second wave of FA, discount shopping!  Lets add a skilled WR and Safety

I wouldn't call Day 2 of the legal tampering period, "The Second Wave of Free Agency". Especially when it comes to WR. Outside of Gabe Davis, there wasn't any big WR deals signed today. That market is still largely untouched.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Just needs to stay healthy. He was playing at all-pro levels before his injury last season. The season before, I thought he was our defensive MVP.

Yes and so was Ed. Phenomenal duo, one of the best imo. Before the injury he was a top 3 graded DT unanimously by your pffs and other analytic sites and I mean the tape speaks for itself 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s  played excellent football. Can’t imagine how you can see this as anything but positive. Doesn’t mean the Bills won’t draft another DT but this was critical. 

You’re not from around these parts, are ya?

• Haha (+1) 1