Kelce shove

9 hours ago, BBFL said:

Biggest game of the season whilst the spotlight is the brightest it’s ever been on him in part to his girlfriend… Emotions got the better of him as he was wide open the play before, gets pulled and they turn the ball over. Don’t agree with it but understand his frustration. Sometimes we act or lash out in ways we probably wouldn’t with a second chance. 

nope.  totally unacceptable.  the best handle it, he is just a jerk. 

1 hour ago, Madbillsfan said:

This would’ve made every news outlet if he were someone else. 

when you are tay tay’s BF you can do whatever

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's one of ten best there ever was to play the position.  

Sometimes, I wonder whether Bills fans research anything outside of OP!

It is ALL about what you do in the Playoffs to me.
The Regular Season is merely nice window dressing.

Kelce is chasing the immortal Jerry Rice to be the GREATEST RECEIVER EVER- in the Playoffs!

The ***** GOAT!

TDs

1) Rice 22

2) Kelce 19

Receptions

1) Kelce 165

2) Rice.  151

Receiving Yards

1) Rice 2245

2)Kelce 1903

30 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

You have the audio of Kelce’s outburst?

Please, speak your mind.

don't need it: "He caught me off balance," Reid said, indicating the contact was worse than it looked. "I wasn't watching. He was really coming over [and saying], 'Just put me in, I'll score. I'll score.' So, that's really what it was."

Even Romo said as much when it happened last night.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Westside said:

I totally disagree with this opinion. Him being as good as he is, to me, means he has an obligation to behave properly. Instead he acts like a petulant child.

After football and when swift dumps him he is going to have a challenging life if he doesn’t change his attitude.

😆... That's NOT the way the world works Sparky... You haven't been paying attention.  You fall off the hay wagon yesterday?

😜 

OR him and Swift can live happily ever after! 😆 Till they are 98. 

Really bad look. Lesser players would be benched. But Kelce, especially later in the game, helped win a third Super Bowl for Reid. 

If he wasn't a first-ballot HOF player, he would be severely disciplined for that. But that's the trade-off: do you put up with BS and a lack of respect like that if the player is great and helps you win. Reid wants the win more than the respectful behaviour. 

We saw with Toney that lesser players will be benched. But it's perfomance based. I think Kelce is a meathead but he's a damn good football player and helps win championships. Hopefully, his decline accelerates in 2024. 

Edited by Nephilim17

43 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Really bad look. Lesser players would be benched. But Kelce, especially later in the game, helped win a third Super Bowl for Reid. 

If he wasn't a first-ballot HOF player, he would be severely disciplined for that. But that's the trade-off: do you put up with BS and a lack of respect like that if the player is great and helps you win. Reid wants the win more than the respectful behaviour. 

We saw with Toney that lesser players will be benched. But it's perfomance based. I think Kelce is a meathead but he's a damn good football player and helps win championships. Hopefully, his decline accelerates in 2024. 

I bet Belichick would’ve benched him for the remainder of the game. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

fixed it for you 😂

Nah. McDermott let Von Miller “play” right after he beat up his girlfriend. His “process” is a very selective one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Obviously if the Chiefs would have lost this would be a much bigger issue and all the sports world would be talking about right now.

But they didn't and nobody is going to care about it a few days when the Chiefs are parading yet another Lombardi through the KC metro area.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously if the Chiefs would have lost this would be a much bigger issue and all the sports world would be talking about right now.

But they didn't and nobody is going to care about it a few days when the Chiefs are parading yet another Lombardi through the KC metro area.

those 4 story sky scrapers and the double wide trailer parks are in for some real festivities.

14 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Okay. Jesus this place is getting soft AF. 

“Getting”? If a geared up Kelce had really run into Reid he wouldn’t have just been knocked off balance a little, he’d have flown 5 yards through the air. Kelce was very emotional and he needed to calm down, but there was no ill intent apparent.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

“Getting”? If a geared up Kelce had really run into Reid he wouldn’t have just been knocked off balance a little, he’d have flown 5 yards through the air. Kelce was very emotional and he needed to calm down, but there was no ill intent apparent.

an appropriate song for him lol

As much as I want to say it was totally classless, d- baggy, and uncalled for.......   if Josh Allen bumps Mcdermott like that during the Super Bowl and wins...  I mean I still don't think I'll say  Oh Wow He is The ultimate competitor but it would be very easy for me to look the other way.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

an appropriate song for him lol

As much as I want to say it was totally classless, d- baggy, and uncalled for.......   if Josh Allen bumps Mcdermott like that during the Super Bowl and wins...  I mean I still don't think I'll say  Oh Wow He is The ultimate competitor but it would be very easy for me to look the other way.  

That’s quite the star studded video!

I think what was said carries a lot of weight. If we get audio I may change my opinion, but it didn’t look like Kelce was trying to do anything physical to his coach. He just grabbed his arm and bumped him a little.

I compare it to the Diggs - Allen incident. The biggest factors - other than what was said - are:

- KC won that game while the Bills lost theirs. The W smooths over a lot.

- Diggs had prior issues so it added fuel to an existing fire. Doesn’t seem to be the case with Kelce and Reid. 

Reid has been around football sidelines long enough to know not to be offended, and Kelce was right.

Same folks clutching their pearls at this as the Bills "fans" that want to run Diggs out of town.

Pathetic to see people trying to make it into a big deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s quite the star studded video!

I think what was said carries a lot of weight. If we get audio I may change my opinion, but it didn’t look like Kelce was trying to do anything physical to his coach. He just grabbed his arm and bumped him a little.

I compare it to the Diggs - Allen incident. The biggest factors - other than what was said - are:

- KC won that game while the Bills lost theirs. The W smooths over a lot.

- Diggs had prior issues so it added fuel to an existing fire. Doesn’t seem to be the case with Kelce and Reid. 

My Dad's take on it was the guy is just a jerk shoving a 65 year old coach like that......   he had no rooting interest at all in the game so I respect his take.

For me like you say the bottom line in the NFL is winning sort of like $ is the bottom line for businesses......   right or wrong that's just sort of how it is 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Another Fan said:

My Dad's take on it was the guy is just a jerk shoving a 65 year old coach like that......   he had no rooting interest at all in the game so I respect his take.

For me like you say the bottom line in the NFL is winning sort of like $ is the bottom line for businesses......   right or wrong that's just sort of how it is 

Kelce is just another Aaron Hernandez.  Feel sorry for Swift.  She's gonna get it.  Look out! 

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Reid has been around football sidelines long enough to know not to be offended, and Kelce was right.

Same folks clutching their pearls at this as the Bills "fans" that want to run Diggs out of town.

Pathetic to see people trying to make it into a big deal.

It's not a big deal but it is concerning. On the biggest stage of the world ever which new fans were brought in due to his girlfriend he acted out of anger. It was a poor display if nothing else by visuals. 

This behavior has a big impact on the younger viewers.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Yah i thought that was a bit foolish on his part especially when Reid is the reason why he is where he is I'm not sure if he was on say the Cards he would have the career that he has in KC .

That being said he is the epitome of a competitive athlete but still shouldn't disrespect his coach like that . 

This next season the Bills really need to put it together & beat the Chiefs because if by chance they don't do it while these stars like Kelsey are on the team it will always be said that Josh & the Bills couldn't get it done while he was on the team . Plus the Bills would be the team to stop the historic 3 peat .

1 hour ago, boyst said:

It's not a big deal but it is concerning. On the biggest stage of the world ever which new fans were brought in due to his girlfriend he acted out of anger. It was a poor display if nothing else by visuals. 

This behavior has a big impact on the younger viewers.

Disagree. IMO, the Twitterverse is making a bigger deal of it than the true impact in reality. Players have been blowing up on the sidelines for decades. Get offline and no one is talking about it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, boyst said:

those 4 story sky scrapers and the double wide trailer parks are in for some real festivities.

Not everywhere is as wealthy and posh as upstate NY.  That Buffalo skyline is legendary.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/12/2024 at 11:35 AM, Nephilim17 said:

If he wasn't a first-ballot HOF player, he would be severely disciplined for that.

Good Lord!🙄

He is going to be the GOAT Receiver in the Playoffs!
ALL TIME!

Already- #2 behind the legendary Jerry Rice!

* 9 Receptions on 10 targets for 93 yards in the SUPER BOWL??

I only ***** wish the Bills had a WR with 1/2 Kelce’s skills!

I don’t care whether he pulls his pants down on the field!

On 2/12/2024 at 7:57 AM, Westside said:

I totally disagree with this opinion. Him being as good as he is, to me, means he has an obligation to behave properly. Instead he acts like a petulant child.

After football and when swift dumps him he is going to have a challenging life if he doesn’t change his attitude.

nah.  

“petulant child” throws his helmet at the bench.  Or yells at his QB for not looking his way. Or pulls himself out of games. Or runs out of the building after yet another terrible playoff elimination performance, rather than face the press and public.

give me the guys who are screaming to go back in and never want to come out.  Guys who ELEVATE their play in the most important game of the year….

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Kelce is a tool and a spoiled baby, but that wasn't a shove. Definitely bumped into him but Reid just wasn't expecting anyone to come in hot like that and lost his balance. 

Calling this a shove is just being melodramatic.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MPT said:

Kelce is a tool and a spoiled baby, but that wasn't a shove. Definitely bumped into him but Reid just wasn't expecting anyone to come in hot like that and lost his balance. 

Kelce is a violent lunatic.  I hope he doesn’t kill anybody.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

***** A YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! 👍🎉✔️🏈🍺

Where IS that culture at OP?

That's not part of The Process

33 minutes ago, MPT said:

He's a gamer and a winner.

If he was on the Bills roster, there would be redundant threads started every day to allow everyone to fall all over him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.