Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

3 hours ago, JPL7 said:

I hope we trade his ass after next season. I’m tired of this drama queen. It would just be too much of a hit to do it this off-season.  

He’s going to be worth next to nothing.  

Going into his age 33 season?   

Peak New England would have traded him already.  

I couldn’t care less anymore.  His prime is just about over - if his cap number was tradeable (it isn’t) he would be lucky to get us 2 second round picks.   

Btw - his performance (lack thereof) the last half of last season was exactly why in Spring of 2023 we were begging this team to bring in a WR 2 that can be WR 1 if needed.    

Let’s try and get this right somehow. 

Also FYI, that’s no guarantee.  

That’s why I’m going to *pound the table for a Center*

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve always dismissed his comments as the mindless ramblings of a  frustrated alpha looking for attention on his x account. Now, however he is giving Bills fans and management the finger with indications he’d like to be gone. His performance at the most crucial moments last season was not worthy of paying his bloated contract and keeping a malcontent. Let’s get a 1st rounder and another high draft choice for him while he’s still got top ten receiver value.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I’ve always dismissed his comments as the mindless ramblings of a  frustrated alpha looking for attention on his x account. Now, however he is giving Bills fans and management the finger with indications he’d like to be gone. His performance at the most crucial moments last season was not worthy of paying his bloated contract and keeping a malcontent. Let’s get a 1st rounder and another high draft choice for him while he’s still got top ten receiver value.

won’t happen. We’d need to add a few picks to get a 1st 

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Posting a random tweet that could mean anything is giving the Bills a middle finger? 

Fact is - young players across the NFL post random, weird stuff all the time. Take Rasul Douglas for example. Ever looked at his Twitter? 

The difference between Diggs and other people is he's a Superstar. Your run of the mill NFL player posts something random - no one cares. Mega star Diggs tweets something and everyone loses their minds and the media runs nuts with it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-stefon-diggs-gives-another-indication-he-wants-out-of-buffalo-with-cryptic-post/

Dear Stef,

We made you one of the highest paid players in the NFL.  We gave you an opportunity to play with one of the best QB's in the NFL who is on his way to a HOF career.  Grow up jerk and play football.  Stop whining already. Geez! 

• Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Posting a random tweet that could mean anything is giving the Bills a middle finger? 

Fact is - young players across the NFL post random, weird stuff all the time. Take Rasul Douglas for example. Ever looked at his Twitter? 

The difference between Diggs and other people is he's a Superstar. Your run of the mill NFL player posts something random - no one cares. Mega star Diggs tweets something and everyone loses their minds and the media runs nuts with it. 

The media wants to latch onto anything to support their anti Josh Allen narrative/  vendetta  … and vague comments like this just throws more fuel on that fire …

Yeah … that’s not Diggs fault how the media carries on… but surely he must know by now that comments like this create a controversy for the team….

If the comments are really about  him going camping or checking out the local Nepalese restaurant…. Couldn’t he just make this clear?

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

98% of the time it’s just fodder and means nothing. I get that. But, with his contract becoming fully guaranted Sunday…. 50/50 shot it’s a direct comment on the situation 

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It’s two off-seasons in a row  with the cryptic comments and if he plays like he did the last half of the season, low energy and low production, we lose the opportunity to turn him into a couple of good young players. I know it’s hard to picture this team without Diggs but the Patriots defined their dynasty by offloading their stars a year before they became regular players.

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not sure how this works but can they trade him prior to Sunday and still designate it a Post June 1st trade?  Otherwise they can't move the guy.

No they can't.  The post June 1st designation can only be applied to players that are cut.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wish Diggs had disincentives to not d be doing these media pinning top things.

IMO Bills traded too much for him and later he got a raise when they did not need to.

Now if he truly is unhappy Bills cannot afford to trade him and releasing without trade which most players want is unreasonable. 

I wish more players had contracts like Cousins.

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

won’t happen. We’d need to add a few picks to get a 1st 

He’s a top ten receiver and he’s only 30. Receivers are the 2nd or 3rd highest paid position players and a team with plenty of cap space would think Diggs could make their young QB into another Josh. We’d need at least a 1st and another high pick to move him.

1 hour ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Minnesota fans warned us.  We should have noticed Diggs has an expiration date closer to a loaf of bread than twinkies.  He is too self focused to be a team player on a long term basis.  I just wish Beane could figure out a way to move Diggs without wrecking our roster. 

So true, I read comments from Viking fans who are thankful he is gone.  Beanne screwed up after 13 secs and giving him that extension,  was never a #1 option for big games

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah cuz playing with Josh must suck

Yeah throws bombs in most critical time against KC and Diggs drops it… tired of the diva. If not for the cap issues he would have already been gone. Dude has no mirror or emotional intelligence. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

What is the cap hit if he is traded?  What is a 33 year old possibly declining WR with a huge contract even worth?

He’s 30 and it would cost more cap space to trade him than keep him 

29 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Beane screwed up after 13 secs and giving him that extension,  was never a #1 option for big games

At the time I tried explaining why that extension was unnecessary and probably not a good idea and man, this place was not having it lol.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

only by a few million

And then you have to account for the cost of a new #1 WR, which doesn't seem possible at this time.

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

What is the cap hit if he is traded?  What is a 33 year old possibly declining WR with a huge contract even worth?

Glad you guys don’t count my birthdays … he will be 31 at the start of the 2025 season 

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

only by a few million

What’s the exact figure … 
Is it $12m ? 

Edited by Aussie Joe

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

If you're talking about Diggs, he's not 33 he's 30.

His cap hit is $27.8M in Buffalo.  If he's traded, it rises to $31.1M because of amortized bonuses accelerating into this season.

And you didn't ask but before someone else does, there's no such thing as a trade made now, but dated post-June 1.  That only applies to cuts.

4 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

So does everyone that says we don’t need to load up on WRs in this loaded class still feel the same way?

I don't know who those people are, but I've never felt that way so I'm unchanged on wanting us to draft a top WR.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

His cap hit is $27.8M in Buffalo.  If he's traded, it rises to $31.1M because of amortized bonuses accelerating into this season.

And you didn't ask but before someone else does, there's no such thing as a trade made now, but dated post-June 1.  That only applies to cuts.

Can I politely ask the dead cap and trade number come 2025… asssuming he plays this year out with no restructuring? 

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

How much did the Broncos eat to just make Russ go away?

Sometimes you gotta swallow those horse pills to get better… him acting like a petulant little B word, again, isn’t going to help this team get to where it needs to go.

yup. It’s clearly not ideal…but all the “its impossible to trade him” talk is just simply not true. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-stefon-diggs-gives-another-indication-he-wants-out-of-buffalo-with-cryptic-post/

Dear Stef,

We made you one of the highest paid players in the NFL.  We gave you an opportunity to play with one of the best QB's in the NFL who is on his way to a HOF career.  Grow up jerk and play football.  Stop whining already. Geez! 

C'mon man you gotta get a grip. Are we really not able to endure intentionally vague tweets a few times a year? Wild

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't know who those people are, but I've never felt that way so I'm unchanged on wanting us to draft a top WR.

Says if he's traded after 6/1 we get $19M cap savings this season

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yup. It’s clearly not ideal…but all the “its impossible to trade him” talk is just simply not true. 

So if the  number  to trade him ia $31m as above  … how do they do it?

Im not saying it’s “impossible “ … but just explain to me how it gets done 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

So if the  number  to trade him ia $31m as above  … how do they do it?

Im not saying it’s “impossible “ … but just explain to me how it gets done 

his current cap hit is already on our books. So basically it’s like we sign a player for 3 million…except it would be from trading him

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Says if he's traded after 6/1 we get $19M cap savings this season

That may be, but that's for a trade MADE after 6/1.  It's truth that there's no trade equivalent of the "cut designated post-June 1" where the team is no longer responsible for any guarantees or bonus payments, keeps the cap hit on their payroll until 6/1, then splits the hit over a couple years.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

his current cap hit is already on our books. So basically it’s like we sign a player for 3 million…except it would be from trading him

I know this has been said before, but let me try again:

Diggs is still a talented receiver.  Maybe not an elite WR any more, but good to very good (top 10 to top 15), and the best on our current roster.  With me so far?

You agree with the above, because you've stated you want a 1st round pick for him in trade compensation.  Teams don't hand out 1st round picks except for very good WR.  So you must think Diggs is still a very good WR.  With me so far?

Therefore, if the Bills trade Diggs and incur $3M more than the $27.8M cap hit he currently carries for being ON our roster as a very good WR available to play for the Bills, the best on the team last 4 years - we need to replace him.  How, and with whom, when we take our limited cap space and turn it into $3M less cap space?

Hint: 1st round rookies don't always pan out, and even those who do pan out, don't always do so year 1.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That may be, but that's for a trade MADE after 6/1.  It's truth that there's no trade equivalent of the "cut designated post-June 1" where the team is no longer responsible for any guarantees or bonus payments, keeps the cap hit on their payroll until 6/1, then splits the hit over a couple years.

I know this has been said before, but let me try again:

Diggs is still a talented receiver.  Maybe not an elite WR any more, but good to very good (top 10 to top 15), and the best on our current roster.  With me so far?

You agree with the above, because you've stated you want a 1st round pick for him in trade compensation.  Teams don't hand out 1st round picks except for very good WR.  So you must think Diggs is still a very good WR.  With me so far?

Therefore, if the Bills trade Diggs and incur $3M more than the $27.8M cap hit he currently carries for being ON our roster as a very good WR available to play for the Bills, the best on the team last 4 years - we need to replace him.  How, and with whom, when we take our limited cap space and turn it into $3M less cap space?

Hint: 1st round rookies don't always pan out, and even those who do pan out, don't always do so year 1.

to me it comes down to the actual relationships between Diggs, the front office and Josh.

If the Bills think he brings a negative aspect that outweighs the positive (people on here with legit sources spoke of things like Diggs screaming at Allen in his face after games over every little mistake) then IMO they’d look to trade him.

He’s talked about of both sides of his mouth. He said he wants to be a Bill, but also talks about rumors with “where there’s smoke there’s fire”  and saying he’s prepared, doesn’t know what the future holds.  

His antics last spring-summer.   Sean saying he’s very concerned. Now this. He knew how this would be perceived. He pretends it’s all media driven. Some of it yes, but often it starts with his words or actions

his lack of performance in playoff games, taking plays off when he knows it’s a run

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Here’s my final offer Houston:

Diggs + 128 + 2025 4th (Conditional 3rd)

For

42 & 59 

Bills come away with 4 picks in the top 60

WR x 2, DT, S

SEND IT

Stop.  Its never going to happen and its a terrible idea overall.  You do this with every player as if the cap has no impact on these trades either.  

Diggs is not going anywhere whether anyone wants him to or not, at least not this year.  

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

to me it comes down to the actual relationships between Diggs, the front office and Josh.

If the Bills think he brings a negative aspect that outweighs the positive (people on here with legit sources spoke of things like Diggs screaming at Allen in his face after games over every little mistake) then IMO they’d look to trade him.

He’s talked about of both sides of his mouth. He said he wants to be a Bill, but also talks about rumors with “where there’s smoke there’s fire”  and saying he’s prepared, doesn’t know what the future holds.  

Where do you guys come up with this nonsense.  Diggs has literally said Josh is family...he wants to retire a Bill...he hopes he stays.  Josh, Beane, etc have all gushed over Diggs too.

You guys are just ridiculous about how you try and twist everything into drama with him.  Cannot wait for the offseason to end so this thread, literally the dumbest and most pointless thread of the year manufacturing drama where there isn't any goes away.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Here’s this again as a reminder

And here was Beane talking to Rich Eisen and Daniel Jeremiah after that during the Combine Broadcast:

Eisen: What are you willing to share - how do you think your Receiver room is going to look like?

Beane: Yeah, I mean listen, we always want to get better. I know everyone's (the media) always worried about Steph Diggs and all that - but Steph is here and we look forward to having him back next season and adding more players and more talent to him. We're always looking for more playmakers. Last year we Drafted a Tight End in Dalton Kincaid and people were like "why didn't you go get a Receiver"? We look at it more as we want mismatches and playmakers. Whether it's a Tight End, a Receiver, or a Running Back - whoever.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

And here was Beane talking to Rich Eisen and Daniel Jeremiah after that during the Combine Broadcast:

hahaha what do you think the GM is going to say?  “Oh yeah well….we’ll see what happens with him”  Beane isn’t going to bid against himself and tank any trade value