2024 WR Draft Class

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If they can’t get Brian Thomas I think they trade back and draft Xavier Worthy.

I have said before. I’m all for going with Worthy with the first pick. Westerners at 28 or a trade back. Love his speed. But hoping if they decide that, they double dip fairly early and try and get a bigger bodied WR to go with him. Legette in the 2nd (maybe with a trade up) Polk, Burton, Baker, Rice, Coleman, McMillan, Walker, McCaffrey

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/17/2024 at 10:21 PM, DJB said:

Incredible route running and ability to create separation. The best in the class. He comes with 4.39 speed and can play inside and outside. 

But his size and injury history is concerning. He also seems to struggle on deep throws and there are questions about whether he can be that X receiver 

Hes an ideal early 2nd round pick imo

Sounds like he thrives in that Shakir zone. I heard Beane says he's not concerned with a true #1 WR. So maybe it's this guy!?  Makes me nervous to think the GM thinks we don't need a true #1. To me that sounds like more "Josh can and needs to do it all" talk. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know people aren’t going to like it but as we get closer my gut feeling is telling me it’s going to be Keon Coleman after a trade down. There is a lot there that fits Buffalo and their philosophy 

I don’t see it personally… I wouldn’t mind him trading down .. but I don’t think he does and even less chance of them taking Coleman with their first pick… could get him at 60 as I think be is still there 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What people are forgetting with all this “great WR class” talk, there will be some busts mixed in…even in the 1st & 2nd rounds. Who will they be and who would you avoid drafting in the first two rounds?

Pretty sure that is common knowledge. The passions involved in arguing for or against particular prospects is motivated by that awareness. No one really knows how a specific individual will turn out, and so much of it depends on incalculable factors. The best you can do is try to find the best fit of talent, character, and scheme, and hope you can get the fella that matches. If you have a larger point, I'm not sure what it is. Do you think folks should just shut up or stifle their enthusiasm because it might not work out?

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Sounds like he thrives in that Shakir zone. I heard Bean says he's not concerned with a true #1 WR. So maybe it's this guy!?  Makes me nervous to think the GM thinks we don't need a true #1. Time that sounds like more "Josh can and needs to do it all" talk. 

I think we could say that KC just won the SB without a true #1.  What exactly make a WR a Wr1?  Is it the receiver that gets the most targets?  Does he have to play the boundary?  Can he be a “move” receiver who sometimes is out wide?  Can he play predominantly in the slot?

I get the idea that you want a receiver whom defenses have to pay extra attention to to free up other receivers and that WR1 is the “go to” guy.

36 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think we could say that KC just won the SB without a true #1.  What exactly make a WR a Wr1?  Is it the receiver that gets the most targets?  Does he have to play the boundary?  Can he be a “move” receiver who sometimes is out wide?  Can he play predominantly in the slot?

I get the idea that you want a receiver whom defenses have to pay extra attention to to free up other receivers and that WR1 is the “go to” guy.

I'm thinking not everyone has this caliber but Jefferson, Chase and such. Those guys that are open when they're not open, or create opportunities for your other receivers because they draw coverage. No one is going to fear Amy of our WRs. I know we can't just pull one out of a hat lol, but I'd like to know that the WR position is important enough to not just rely on Josh being Josh all the time. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My Bills WR board after the big 3.

Brian Thomas Jr.

Xavier Worthy

Devontez Walker

1 of these 3 will be a Bill.

I'd add in Troy Franklin. They've spent some time with him 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, bearcat said:

Franklin if they trade back. 

Thomas and Worthy at 28 or trade up. Walker at 60 if they go a different direction at 28. If they trade down I think Franklin would be a target.

22 minutes ago, bearcat said:

They have visited at the combine and visited with Franklin, Worthy, Coleman, BTJ, and Walker. Supposedly McConkey has met 3 times but no combine or 30 visit so maybe pro day, senior bowl for him. 

Mitchell and Legette a Combine interview but no announce workout or visit yet. 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

They have visited at the combine and visited with Franklin, Worthy, Coleman, BTJ, and Walker. Supposedly McConkey has met 3 times but no combine or 30 visit so maybe pro day, senior bowl for him. 

Mitchell and Legette a Combine interview but no announce workout or visit yet. 

It wouldn't be a total shock if Beane trades up big for Odunze if he falls to #9. There's no need to broadcast that option if he is in fact contemplating its possibility. Too many unknowns have to fall into place before it could be enacted. More likely, he trades up for Thomas, or waits at #28. McConkey is, and should be in play. All that being put out just now on Mitchell, the timing of it is suspicious. Maybe it's all true and that data just exacerbates the questions about him, but it's awfully convenient if you are a team that wants him to fall within range.

I still think they need two early (top 40 or so picks) invested at WR, regardless of other needs. Shakir and Samuel are only nice pieces if they are not counted on to be WR2, imo. I highly doubt Beane is going to let Davis go and trades Diggs without a plan that is more than a wing and a prayer. It would also be irresponsible to just give up on a season of Josh Allen's prime.

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Heard on Sirius Korean/Miller that AD is basically uncoachable. He has diabetes a d does not manage it well which causes some issues with his mood

Not sure who Sirius Korean Miller is … but he sounds a little over the top 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It wouldn't be a total shock if Beane trades up big for Odunze if he falls to #9. There's no need to broadcast that option if he is in fact contemplating its possibility. Too many unknowns have to fall into place before it could be enacted. More likely, he trades up for Thomas, or waits at #28. McConkey is, and should be in play. All that being put out just now on Mitchell, the timing of it is suspicious. Maybe it's all true and that data just exacerbates the questions about him, but it's awfully convenient if you are a team that wants him to fall within range.

I still think they need two early (top 40 or so picks) invested at WR, regardless of other needs. Shakir and Samuel are only nice pieces if they are not counted on to be WR2, imo. I highly doubt Beane is going to let Davis go and trades Diggs without a plan that is more than a wing and a prayer. It would also be irresponsible to just give up on a season of Josh Allen's prime.

I dont disagree that he might try to get up there but I think it will be difficult to get up there. Really the teams that would be willing to trade are maybe Atlanta, Chicago(if they don't want Odunze themselves), Tennessee(looking OT and can still get one at 28) and maybe if Odunze slips to 12 Denver is in play. Those seem like really the only options.

I also think there is a good possibility that Arizona trades down but with NYG instead of Minnesota so they can grab another premium pick while still getting Nabers or Odunze at 6. I just see it as an unlikely road not impossible but unlikely. I would love Odunze as I have him as my # 2 WR.

I was and am still on the McConkey train for the Bills as well. I just have a huge gut feeling that the pick is going to be Keon Coleman. The more I think about it the more he fits their model of person and he is different than what they have in the room.

He does a lot of things the Bills would love. He's a hard worker, hes a great teammate, he's a leader in the Florida State locker room, he's a big WR that they don't have, he goes out of his way to block instead of just standing there. Those are the little things the Bills love. His greatest strength is YAC ability, something the Bills have struggled with and continue to struggle with so hopefully he would mitigate that issue. On top of that Keon Coleman is 20 years old and there is a lot of evidence that the Bills love taking younger players with their first round picks and Coleman definitely fits that mold as he'll be 21 years old when the season starts. He could be another interchangeable part for the Bills playing inside and outside the numbers and he is a good athlete as he played both D1 Basketball and Football.

This doesn't include the fact that the Bills met with him at the Combine and then brought him in for a 30 visit as well. He's not my # 1 choice and maybe I'm looking too much into it but Coleman checks a lot of the Bills character and player arch boxes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brian Thomas Jr.

Xavier Worthy

Devontez Walker

I also like

BTJ

And Tes Walker late 2nd or if we can find our way into the 3rd. I think a lot of this AD stuff is smokescreens. I also like him.

Basically I want size and speed. Intrigued by Legette, but he scares me the most. Plus he's older 

11 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I dont disagree that he might try to get up there but I think it will be difficult to get up there. Really the teams that would be willing to trade are maybe Atlanta, Chicago(if they don't want Odunze themselves), Tennessee(looking OT and can still get one at 28) and maybe if Odunze slips to 12 Denver is in play. Those seem like really the only options.

I also think there is a good possibility that Arizona trades down but with NYG instead of Minnesota so they can grab another premium pick while still getting Nabers or Odunze at 6. I just see it as an unlikely road not impossible but unlikely. I would love Odunze as I have him as my # 2 WR.

I was and am still on the McConkey train for the Bills as well. I just have a huge gut feeling that the pick is going to be Keon Coleman. The more I think about it the more he fits their model of person and he is different than what they have in the room.

He does a lot of things the Bills would love. He's a hard worker, hes a great teammate, he's a leader in the Florida State locker room, he's a big WR that they don't have, he goes out of his way to block instead of just standing there. Those are the little things the Bills love. His greatest strength is YAC ability, something the Bills have struggled with and continue to struggle with so hopefully he would mitigate that issue. On top of that Keon Coleman is 20 years old and there is a lot of evidence that the Bills love taking younger players with their first round picks and Coleman definitely fits that mold as he'll be 21 years old when the season starts. He could be another interchangeable part for the Bills playing inside and outside the numbers and he is a good athlete as he played both D1 Basketball and Football.

This doesn't include the fact that the Bills met with him at the Combine and then brought him in for a 30 visit as well. He's not my # 1 choice and maybe I'm looking too much into it but Coleman checks a lot of the Bills character and player arch boxes.

Well reasoned, though I really do not like Coleman. I don't see him as likely to be an effective boundary receiver, and I think his best chance to flourish is as a big slot, so he would require Kincaid being off the field to be successful. Maybe that's wrong, but that's how I see it. I'd rather they traded up reasonably high for Thomas. Yet one more week of trying to figure all the angles. Watch him take Cooper Dejean.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well reasoned, though I really do not like Coleman. I don't see him as likely to be an effective boundary receiver, and I think his best chance to flourish is as a big slot, so he would require Kincaid being off the field to be successful. Maybe that's wrong, but that's how I see it. I'd rather they traded up reasonably high for Thomas. Yet one more week of trying to figure all the angles. Watch him take Cooper Dejean.

I mean it’s also very possible we’re both right. Maybe they take McConkey at 28 and then move up into the mid 40s or early 50s for Coleman. I am not against the idea of them double dipping but the general consensus is they would trade up for Legette in that situation but there has been no indication yet by the Bills that they are seriously interested in Legette. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

When the season ended and I started to looking at receivers I came upon a comp of keon coleman as kelvin benjamin.  Beane was in Carolina when he was drafted at pick.... 28. 

There are so many guys I'll be ok with the Bills drafting and Coleman is one of them.  His one handed catch against cuse was a thing of beauty.  He would be a big bodied red zone threat and he excels at the most important thing for a wr.  He catches the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thomas and Worthy at 28 or trade up. Walker at 60 if they go a different direction at 28. If they trade down I think Franklin would be a target.

Walker has great size and speed, but the Senior Bowl showed that he isn’t able to compete well with the big boys - maybe he can improve.

6 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

You’re argument makes a lot of sense, but they might really regret spending that pick on him.  I just can’t get over his inability to get open consistently.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brian Thomas Jr.

Xavier Worthy

Devontez Walker

Franklin.  

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A WR at 60 is basically a 3rd round prospect. Can’t expect too much right away.

I still see Beane using our extra 4th, to get into the top 20

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A WR at 60 is basically a 3rd round prospect. Can’t expect too much right away.

Jayden Reed was picked 50th overall last year, Rashee Rice was drafted 55th overall last year, Marvin Mims was drafted 63rd overall last year, Tank Dell was drafted 69th overall last year. All of them put up better numbers individually than we got from Sherfield and Harty combined last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Trade down to where?  Franklin won't make it past the first 5 picks of the 2nd round.  

If that's their guy, it doesn't really matter if you grab him at #28 or #37.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Jayden Reed was picked 50th overall last year, Rashee Rice was drafted 55th overall last year, Marvin Mims was drafted 63rd overall last year, Tank Dell was drafted 69th overall last year. All of them put up better numbers individually than we got from Sherfield and Harty combined last year. 

That’s fantastic, and has nothing to do with our pick. 

18 hours ago, mrags said:

I have said before. I’m all for going with Worthy with the first pick. Westerners at 28 or a trade back. Love his speed. But hoping if they decide that, they double dip fairly early and try and get a bigger bodied WR to go with him. Legette in the 2nd (maybe with a trade up) Polk, Burton, Baker, Rice, Coleman, McMillan, Walker, McCaffrey

I'm with you on Worthy, he was my guy even before the Combine.  Knew he would crush the 40, he's going to have a Zay Flowers type season for some team (hopefully us).  If he played on Oregon or another team with a legit QB, he'd be a top 15 guy.

Agree it would be nice to draft a complementary tandem at WR, bigger bodied as you say.  Someone who is a better blocker, can win downfield on 50/50 attempts and redzone.

I like Tez and Coleman in Rd2, but don't think Beane will double dip that early.  If we wait until 4th, I like Javon Baker alot.  And some others that might slide due to it being a deep class.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Trade down to where?  Franklin won't make it past the first 5 picks of the 2nd round.  

If that's their guy, it doesn't really matter if you grab him at #28 or #37.

If that’s their guy then yeah they wouldn’t trade down. Pretty simple.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'm with you on Worthy, he was my guy even before the Combine.  Knew he would crush the 40, he's going to have a Zay Flowers type season for some team (hopefully us).  If he played on Oregon or another team with a legit QB, he'd be a top 15 guy.

Agree it would be nice to draft a complementary tandem at WR, bigger bodied as you say.  Someone who is a better blocker, can win downfield on 50/50 attempts and redzone.

I like Tez and Coleman in Rd2, but don't think Beane will double dip that early.  If we wait until 4th, I like Javon Baker alot.  And some others that might slide due to it being a deep class.

Not sure Baker makes it to the 4th round, but I would be very happy with a Worthy/Baker double-dip. 

• Agree 1

Everytime I’m ready to go with my mock , I change my mind about things. One thing I’ve been consistent on is Worthy going before the Bills pick. I think Miami loves him and another team before 28 will take a chance on him. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Everytime I’m ready to go with my mock , I change my mind about things. One thing I’ve been consistent on is Worthy going before the Bills pick. I think Miami loves him and another team before 28 will take a chance on him. 

I think we may be seeing everything through or lens of “wr or bust”. While possible, I think Miami will go another position first, unless Waddle is due a big payday.  They will need to pay Tua next year or find another QB.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think we may be seeing everything through or lens of “wr or bust”. While possible, I think Miami will go another position first, unless Waddle is due a big payday.  They will need to pay Tua next year or find another QB.

Oh I don’t think it’s a guarantee the Dolphins take him but I believe someone in the 27 picks before us will. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Oh I don’t think it’s a guarantee the Dolphins take him but I believe someone in the 27 picks before us will. 

You could be right, but I think his 165lbs will be a concern for many teams in the first.  I do think he will go in the early-mid 2nd

37 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Hope you're right

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How would you rank the top 5 pure vertical threats in this draft? Don’t include Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze.

In terms of vertical threats IMO: 

Thomas

Worthy

Mitchell

Franklin

Leggette

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2