Allen was legendary (even better than 13 seconds Allen)

Einstein

42 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

the throw into the end zone is the right call, but protection didn't hold. that is a high percentage pass for allen. shouldn't have run the ball on first down there. and several other plays leading up to that. 

I lost track at how many times Cook got stopped on 1st down.  Is Brady allergic to the play action?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

You're a troll and only a blind bat wouldn't see it.  There is no point in even replying to your points as they're not made in good faith or in the spirit of an open & honest discussion.  And please with the "he is not immune from criticism" crap about Allen.

I hate the idea of putting trolling posters on "ignore" as it's like having to shut your blinds because the neighbor is running around naked down the street.

I don’t care if you ignore me. 

Im sorry you have a difficult time reading about Josh Allen being stupid sometimes. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, chongli said:

and what's lost in these short passes is some of the ridiculous ***** he did on some of them. Like I said on the postgame thread I was gutted because Josh played better and meant it. Josh had to work his ass off to do what he did, and it felt like Mahomes was just like oh it's nice that this defense is crippled this game for almost the entire game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Sherfield and Diggs both whiffed on what would have been truly sensational plays.

But then they've been doing that all year, so what else did we expect?

Feed them all to the pit, I say!

Feel free to add Cook's easy dropped td at the 3.  Cook has absolute stone hands.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He would’ve been legendary if he hit the wide open Khalil Shakir for the GW TD.  But he missed.  He played a great game….. but he missed when we needed him most

Hard to step into the throw when your left tackled is being pushed into you.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Brady called a terrible 2nd half.

Disagree with this. I thought Brady called a perfect game plan. It is hard for an offense to function without a single outside WR playing at even an average level. Brady took the only possible path of feeding the RBs and leaning on Josh's legs. There is only so much you can do when you're forced into that game script, but he maximized it as best he could.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Disagree with this. I thought Brady called a perfect game plan. It is hard for an offense to function without a single outside WR playing at even an average level. Brady took the only possible path of feeding the RBs and leaning on Josh's legs. There is only so much you can do when you're forced into that game script, but he maximized it as best he could.

He stuck with the run a bit too long. Spags run blitzes were a perfect counter. He also didn't dial anything up to challenge the missing safeties and Gay. 

It's almost impossible to win without getting the ball downfield.

Edited by Punch

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He would’ve been legendary if he hit the wide open Khalil Shakir for the GW TD.  But he missed.  He played a great game….. but he missed when we needed him most

He didn’t miss. He got hit as he threw it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Allen unnecessarily went into hero ball mode. 

More than anything else, I think that is why we lost. 

Throwing to a wide open receiver from the pocket is absolutely not hero ball lol id argue the odds of a win attempting that pass were significantly higher than if he takes the check down to diggs there…chiefs weren’t giving an inch 

dawkins had to hold up like 0.1 seconds longer 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you'd put this game more on him than the Defense that our Defensive coach manages?  

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah you know what the defense does after getting run on all of the first half, they creep up, and that's when you hit them deep to both capitalize on it and make them honest.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

KC adjusted at half and were very aggressive on first downs, attacking the run. Brady didn't react. Lot of bad first down plays in the 2nd half. We scored 7 points in the half and Josh was under 200 yards passing. Not good. Find the best OC available and bring him in.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah you know what the defense does after getting run on all of the first half, they creep up, and that's when you hit them deep to both capitalize on it and make them honest.

To hit them deep you need receivers who can catch.

6 minutes ago, Punch said:

It's almost impossible to win without getting the ball downfield.

It is, but that wasn't Brady's fault at all. He can't force our WRs to separate deep, that isn't something you just scheme open. The guys have to have to the natural ability to do that in the first place and then they need to execute. And we had 3 brilliant deep passes to open WRs that all went through their hands.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Allen unnecessarily went into hero ball mode. 

More than anything else, I think that is why we lost. 

Our MASH janitorial staff that manned the ramparts for LB and CB tonight, together with a kicker suffering from the yips, say hello 👋

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It is, but that wasn't Brady's fault at all. He can't force our WRs to separate deep, that isn't something you just scheme open. The guys have to have to the natural ability to do that in the first place and then they need to execute. And we had 3 brilliant deep passes to open WRs that all went through their hands.

I'm not talking about deep throws downfield, there are ways to scheme intermediate level throws. I agree, the WR group made that difficult, but it isn't as hard as they made it look.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

and even when they're there and the ball is perfect he can't make them catch the damn ball.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That throw in the dirt ahead of wiiiiiide open shakirs feet with the game on the line was so elite 

Did you watch the game?..Dawkins was bullrushed by Chris jones back and into Allen's left side just as he was throwing the ball

5 minutes ago, Punch said:

I'm not talking about deep throws downfield, there are ways to scheme intermediate level throws. I agree, the WR group made that difficult, but it isn't as hard as they made it look.

I think scheming works against zone. Against man which the Chiefs play a ton of, you simply need your guys to win their 1v1s. Our guys weren't doing that tonight. You can only call so many versions of crossing routes and rub routes.

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

If you put any of about 28 other QBs on our team instead we'd have been blown out.

If the Bills had any other QB other than Mahomes then they wouldn’t even be in the play offs.

I think the reason why so many are down on Josh for that final series is he is a world class talent.  But, at times, reads let him down and it’s been a reoccurring theme. I hope, if possible, it’s a real focus of the off season.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I think scheming works against zone. Against man which the Chiefs play a ton of, you simply need your guys to win their 1v1s. Our guys weren't doing that tonight. You can only call so many versions of crossing routes and rub routes.

He still hit some of them in their hands and they dropped the ball. I saw Mahomes miss some throws, I did not see any KC drops (other than those caused by a defender).

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You're a troll and only a blind bat wouldn't see it.  There is no point in even replying to your points as they're not made in good faith or in the spirit of an open & honest discussion.  And please with the "he is not immune from criticism" crap about Allen.

I hate the idea of putting trolling posters on "ignore" as it's like having to shut your blinds because the neighbor is running around naked down the street.

Allen needs to be a Buffalo Bill for his entire career.  Period.  Gutsy performance tonight.  Shame that they lost but this was not on the QB whatsoever.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The problem is Allen has to be Superman, play out of his mind, AND make every read and every throw, plus run the ball, and not miss guys or turn it over.

Even then, it might not be good enough. 

Tonight he got hit while throwing and missed Shakir at the end. So he wasn't absolutely perfect. Even if he was, it might not have been enough.

Tonight he dropped a 50+ yard moonball right into Diggs hands and he drops it. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Having unfortunately heard these from Allen a few times before it kind of sounds different. Honestly he sounds angry, might be an interesting offseason into the next season, you can look at that positively or negatively I guess if you want but I wouldn't worry.

Edited by Warcodered

21 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The problem is Allen has to be Superman, play out of his mind, AND make every read and every throw, plus run the ball, and not miss guys or turn it over.

Even then, it might not be good enough. 

Tonight he got hit while throwing and missed Shakir at the end. So he wasn't absolutely perfect. Even if he was, it might not have been enough.

Tonight he dropped a 50+ yard moonball right into Diggs hands and he drops it. 

Yuuup

He's incredible but he's pretty much the whole team. The only untouchables at this point should be Josh, Shikir, and Kincaid. 

And then let the new head coach (🤞) pick who else he wants to keep.

But Diggs needs to go. He's not the same.

I really believe that if instead of forcing to Stef for the last 8 weeks, they called the play or made the read that they thought was best; the offense would have been alot better.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Having unfortunately heard these from Allen a few times before it kind of sounds different. Honestly he sounds angry, might be an interesting offseason into the next season, you can look at that positively or negatively I guess if you want but I wouldn't worry.

Josh said it... "Same as every offseason"

And we'll keep getting it if we keep the clapper

23 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Just replying to your comment, let’s look at the entire picture instead of a snip it.

Then look at my previous comments. 

20 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Mahimes had a better offensive coordinator all three games.  

And weapons. And decision-making(tonight).  

I find it so hard to put into words how I feel about Josh.  He is simply the best thing that has ever happened to this franchise.  At the same time, if I'm being objective, Mahomes is the better quarterback.  How do you argue with the body of work at this point?

Yet if you ask me if I do a straight up quarterback swap with the Chiefs, I'd say no way.  I want the bills to win the Lombardi but I want it to be with Josh!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Are you kidding me?

Are you?

He threw a pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone and he got hit as he threw it. That is NOT hero mode.

He threw a ball 60 yards downfield with perfect accuracy to our #1 WR who was open and the receiver dropped it. That is not hero mode.

There was no hero mode tonight. Just great QB play that was let down by his receivers.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Are you?

He threw a pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone and he got hit as he threw it. That is NOT hero mode.

He threw a ball 60 yards downfield with perfect accuracy to our #1 WR who was open and the receiver dropped it. That is not hero mode.

There was no hero mode tonight. Just great QB play that was let down by his receivers.

Those were good decisions if we were down by two scores. We weren’t. He should have taken higher percentage shots that would have moved the chains, sustained drives and kept the Chiefs off the field. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.