Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

I’m guilty of making a bigger deal about stuff like this. ***** talk is part of the sport (which I love if it’s not my fav team), but you just know that’s all we hear after the game if the Chiefs come out on top “Good Luck”. 

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

Dawkins didn't really say anything besides that they've never played in Buffalo with fans in the stands which is true and is a huge thing or teams wouldn't care so much about home field advantage all season.

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Irvin, pardon my saying so, is either an idiot, doesn't pay attention to the Bills enough to look at the depth and injury chart, or is posturing for clicks. 

The Bills have been playing without 2 all-pro defenders (Matt Milano and Tre White who yes, had come back to form when he went down) as well as NT DaQuan Jones ("the straw that stirs the DL's drink").  OK, they filled in for Matt Milano by splitting his role between Tyrel Dodson and Jordon Poyer, and filled in for Tre White by trading for Rasul Douglas.  They got reinforcements in the form of Linval Joseph, and now they have Jones back.  And Terrell Bernard at MLB has been a revelation.

Now Douglas is gonna be playing hurt (assuming he plays); our other starting corner Benford is injured and not practicing (and if you want to know how key he is, listen to Micah Hyde talking to him pre-game on "mic'd up"); our rising star MLB Bernard is injured and not practicing; Rapp, the S that backfilled for Poyer and allowed the Bills bring Poyer up as a sort of "pseudo Milano" is injured and not practicing; Dodson is gonna be playing hurt (assuming that he plays).  Dodson's primary backup is also injured and not practicing.

As of right now, it's looking like our starting MLB is gonna be a 32 1/2 yr old vet who was sitting on the sofa 10 days ago and our starting OLB is gonna be a rookie with all the promise in the world and the propensity to be in the wrong place doing the wrong thing right now, platooning with Jordan Poyer, which will leave Cam Lewis or Damar Hamlin paired with Hyde at S.  CB will be an injured Douglas paired

I don't want to be a "woe is me" type, but if we can't beat this version of Kansas City, it is very likely to be because when you're starting 2nd and 3rd string defenders against Pat Mahomes, who can crunch up talented 2nd and 3rd string LBs and DBs and pick his teeth with them.

There is going to have to be some rebuilding this off season just due to contracts ending, but "Tear it all down and try something else" may be foolish in that situation.

Yeah it is really frustrating the defense we could have without these injuries and the position we're in this post season.

Edited by Warcodered

57 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott isn't getting fired unless we lose like 56-0 and wears a turbin in the press conference.

I think the turban could be optional in the 56-0 circs.  Which: Avert.

Edited by Beck Water

The media is in such overdrive about how big of a "legacy" game this is for Allen and the Bills, and the whole "if they can't beat KC now, when will they ever?"

It's truly annoying.  We lost one game we should have lost in the AFCCG, and then lost to a coin flip.

If we get the W Sunday - the narrative should shift significantly.  It will likely become that KC has NOT won since 13 seconds, can't beat the Bills in the regular season, and can't beat the Bills in the playoffs anymore.

Looking forward to that narrative.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

The media is in such overdrive about how big of a "legacy" game this is for Allen and the Bills, and the whole "if they can't beat KC now, when will they ever?"

It's truly annoying.  We lost one game we should have lost in the AFCCG, and then lost to a coin flip.

If we get the W Sunday - the narrative should shift significantly.  It will likely become that KC has NOT won since 13 seconds, can't beat the Bills in the regular season, and can't beat the Bills in the playoffs anymore.

This is absolutely a legacy game for the short term.  

Everything changes if we win. 

“Bills can’t get past KC” officially becomes a thing if they can’t get it done, at home, on Sunday.  

“Is Allen better than Mahomes?” becomes a mainstream question if he plays like we think he will and we beat KC/Mahomes in their first ever road playoff game. 

If we win the Super Bowl.. Allen becomes the best QB in the NFL / face of the league. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

Not ruling Bernard Out is crazy!

I thought spector would get treatment and be back.  Surprised he is out.  

martin not being ruled out is interesting too

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1

The rivalry between Allen and Mahomes is starting to look a lot like the Manning Brady matchups. Going into the 2007 AFC Championship game, Manning was 0-2 vs. Brady in the playoffs, and similar to Allen both losses were in Foxborough.  If you remember, the narrative surrounding Manning was that he couldn't beat Brady in the playoffs!

The Colts finally got the Patriots in their house......The game started poorly for the Colts, after Manning's 

pick 6 the Patriots took a 21-3 lead. However, Manning would never look back, ultimately leading the Colts to a 38-34 win in one of the best games of all time.   

Manning played really poorly early in the game most likely due to anxiety. Hopefully  Allen and the Bills don't get behind early , but if they do I'm confident Allen keeps his cool, similar to Manning, and leads them to victory. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Not ruling Bernard Out is crazy!

I thought spector would get treatment and be back.  Surprised he is out.  

martin not being ruled out is interesting too

Hopefully he is ready to go because Matt Haack was absolutely dreadful for us in 2021

• Agree 1

Just now, buffblue said:

Hopefully he is ready to go because Matt Haack was absolutely dreadful for us in 2021

More importantly someone has to be released to make a spot on the roster for haack if martin can't go...Or Martin goes to IR which would be terrible if Buffalo were to win and then martin were healthy enough about to play in the championship game he can't.

Plus martin has been great.

McDermott followed up with media that Bernard won’t practice today but will be evaluated tonight into tomorrow. 

Sounds like a true game-time decision. 

Diggs “limited, at best” today with his foot injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

More importantly someone has to be released to make a spot on the roster for haack if martin can't go...Or Martin goes to IR which would be terrible if Buffalo were to win and then martin were healthy enough about to play in the championship game he can't.

Plus martin has been great.

say what?

there are unlimited call ups for the playoffs. klein and haack will be up.

this will be the same as last week with inactives.

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

say what?

Do you think they will have use haack as a ps call up?  Without Davis out wouldn't they want to have Isabella active again?

Plus Diggs now has a foot injury which he aggravated during the week.

Edited by MikePJ76

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

say what?

But there is a limit to two call ups per game.  It woud be nice if one didn't have to be the punter.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Do you think they will have use haack as a ps call up?  Without Davis out wouldn't they want to have Isabella active again?

Plus Diggs now has a foot injury which he aggravated during the week.

calling isabella up is an option.

i'd like to hope that they had Kyle Allen practice holding this week to be the backup holder. I don't think I'd risk Martin on this.

Just now, boyst said:

calling isabella up is an option.

i'd like to hope that they had Kyle Allen practice holding this week to be the backup holder. I don't think I'd risk Martin on this.

Davis is out and Diggs has a foot injury that is serious enough to keep him from practice.  I can't imagine a situation where Isabella is not called up.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

But there is a limit to two call ups per game.  It woud be nice if one didn't have to be the punter.

Which is why I hope Allen was practicing holds this week

1 minute ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I don't live in Buffalo any longer and the weather in the NE precludes my attending  - so do me a favor - please do not be nice, respectful, good sports, etc to ANY CHIEFS FAN. The Level of douche-baggery on their fan board is sickening:

image.thumb.png.6b21c98ac15bf42084913366d4d4a532.png

This is why I go. The whole tailgate Steelers fans were getting blasted with snowballs. Just like mortar shots incoming all the time. It was amazing.  

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott isn't getting fired unless we lose like 56-0 and wears a turbin in the press conference.

Not saying this particular billionaire owner will fire McDermott, simply expressing the opinion that another home loss in the playoffs SHOULD result in his firing ... it's an opinion ... kinda like the Cowboys SHOULD fire McCarthy, but didn't.   Apparently many people on this board love annual early exits from the playoffs and have pledged their undying support to McDermott.

51 minutes ago, Success said:

This is absolutely a legacy type game for Buffalo.  4 consecutive divisional round games.  The last 2 they lost.  Haven’t beaten Mahommes in the playoffs.  

The Bills are easily one of the top 2, maybe # 1 depending upon which metrics you use, teams in the regular season for the last 4 years.  But, they have to get over this playoff hump. This is the year to do it!   Beat Mahommies, get to the AFCCG!  Do that and its no longer just Bills Mafia saying Josh is the best.  Do that and you quiet all the critics that say McD can’t get it done.  

The entire season has been about this game.  Take it!   Advance and send KC home to watch you play next week.   (…then next week becomes the legacy defining game. lol )

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Seeing that in print… hurt.  

Edited by Dan

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Because you say stuff does not make it true. That’s not how the internet works, despite what some people think. 

Fascinating.  Glad you and others will still love McDermott and his regime even if the Bills lose at home in the playoffs in the divisional round for the second straight year and continue their run of zero Super Bowl appearances and zero championships.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Scoring points gets you to Conference Championship wins and Super Bowls.  KC beat Philly last season 38-35.

Let's go Josh! Lead us.  If he has to run 15 times so be it.

Defense wins championships. Offense gets you to the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

If the Chiefs lose will Mahomes take the L like a professional or be a total sore loser B word again? 

Yep. Very unclassy talk with Allen after their last loss. He could have just said "good game, well fought, congratulations" and left his moaning for the press conference 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve never stared at a video of someone walking harder in my life..

let’s analyze it even harder than the Zapruder film!

I don’t like what I’m seeing in frame #216, guys…

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ve never stared at a video of someone walking harder in my life..

As bad as it looked on Monday, he looks to be moving around pretty good. We are down to one armed Dodson, Klein, and Williams, so hoping it’s a pain management thing and he can go. 

Next man up.

As long as #17 is out there, the Bills will always have a chance.

Just remember when Josh was a rookie in 2018, he didn’t have a losing record in games that he started and finished in, with the ABSOLUTE worst offensive roster in recent memory. FACT

That alone has always given me confidence that the Bills are never a true underdog with Allen at the helm.

• Like (+1) 1

Apple News just sent out a notification for an article about Hochuli being the ref for this game and the "conspiracy" that he has it out for the Bills.

Honestly probably a good thing it's getting so much attention. One can only hope that Hochuli realizes he's going to be under the microscope for this game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.