Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree in the short term. It was an unlikely outcome of success.

However, the Bills should have never been in that predictiment. 

So it cuts both ways here. McD deserves blame and credit. I think a lot depends on what happens this Sunday. 

A loss will likely cause many Bills fans to be disappointed with McD. Similar to what Dallas and Pitt fans are saying and feeling about McCarthy and Tomlin. 

A win vs KC and an AFC championship game is likely seen as a successful season win or lose. 

After the Denver loss I was off the McD train. After 13 seconds I couldn’t contemplate having 12 men on the field that cost us the game. After the last 6 games I’m firmly back on (I never thought he would be fired even at 6-6)

McD should be up for coach of the year. He took a team that was floundering mid season at 6-6 and took a tremendous PR shot from the Dunn hit piece then completely turned the team around mid season. He’s showed tremendous growth which he always preaches. More aggressive defense, better game management especially on 4th down, and better challenge success. After the loss of Tre/Milano/Jones the D took a while to find its footing yet finished STRONG with backups to the backups making plays. The offense was struggling and he fired the OC mid season which couldn’t have been easy and installed a guy who turned it around. Yeah, you can say he deserves some of the blame for Dorsey but give me a break. Last year guys on here were worried he’d be poached for a HC gig.

This team is tough, gritty, battle hardened, and peaking at the right time ( as opposed to last year where they peaked early and limped into the playoffs)

I don’t think the result of this coming game diminishes in any way what McD has accomplished this season. Yeah, we need to get the monkey off our back but there are so many variables that go into one game, that doesn’t discount the previous 6 that saved the season and won us the division. Sure if we get blown out or there’s another 13 second coaching blunder that’s going to be an issue, but to lose to KC in a tight game will suck but not be an indictment on the coach.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, boyst said:

historically they've beat us when it matters - that's why it matters.

did you know at the beginning of the 1993 season the Bills beat the Cowboys in a defensive slugfest??? Does anyone care or remember that? We got pantsed by them just 3 games before and held them to a 13-10 win for us?

I guess that rewrites the '93 and '94 Super Bowl because we beat them.

Thats all that will matter to anyone until we beat them when it counts.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you really want to go there? 

Then talk about coach McD. Does your premise still apply? 

Allen hasn't even sniffed a SB despite his play. Does your premise still apply? 

Like I stated before, you can't ignore changes that have been made. The Ravens have improved their offense and are more diversifed. The chances of Lamar being successful have greatly improved. 

Stop digging your hole. 

You have a habit of saying a bunch of crap and then not owning it after it is shown on the field to be false.

If Lamar sucks again this week, you gonna run and hide again?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Thats all that will matter to anyone until we beat them when it counts.

Yeah, what will matter to anyone is when it counts we beat them when it matters, specially when it counts.

41 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

People underestimate the talent KC has.  No it's not like when they had Hill but Rice is really good.  Pacheco is really good.  Kelce has lost a bit of a step but is still really good.  Of course there is Mahomes too.  Mahomes also has the ability to take off with the ball differently than Josh but just as effective and demoralizing.  This is going to be a good battle.  Hopefully the Bills come out on top this time.

I don't think it's possible to underestimate how good the team that's bounced you from the playoffs twice. 

So unless I'm missing something sounds like today's practice report is not promising and no change on any of the key guys from yesterday?

Obviously given the 'win or go home' playoff circumstances a lot of these guys can still go on Sunday even if they are DNP all week, but McD would be rolling the dice either way in terms of risking further injury for guys that aren't close to 100%, or thinking they can beat a team like the Chiefs without them.

A true double edged sword at play and I don't envy this coaching staff at all given the tough decisions that lie ahead...

22 hours ago, finn said:

I haven't heard a single commentator point out that maybe, just maybe, Mahomes did as well as he did in his career because he was throwing to two future HOF receivers. TWO! And his down year (relatively speaking) may be how he performs when he has the same quality receivers most of his peers have.

He's terrific, but hardly the Messiah Who Must Not Be Criticized. 

Not having Hill really hurt him and KC last year. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

So unless I'm missing something sounds like today's practice report is not promising and no change on any of the key guys from yesterday?

Obviously given the 'win or go home' playoff circumstances a lot of these guys can still go on Sunday even if they are DNP all week, but McD would be rolling the dice either way in terms of risking further injury for guys that aren't close to 100%, or thinking they can beat a team like the Chiefs without them.

A true double edged sword at play and I don't envy this coaching staff at all given the tough decisions that lie ahead...

I guess we should just get into our fear bunker now and just let the tornado sweep us away. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TH3 said:

Why is it the only people who discount Cook all the time are….posters in this forum?  Dude has completed the offense….and yet….people got make themselves feel smart by discounting him…..smh.

oh, well glad you asked.  Cause there has been 57 super bowls and not one has been won by a running quarterback.  Josh Allen running is the Bills identity because the brain trust hasnt given him a runner to compliment him. Need a big play?, Josh's legs...short yardage?  All Josh.  Best runner on the team, Josh Allen.  Maybe after the Dallas game Cook caught a little attention from opposing coordinators.  Usually he's ignored and will spurt a few before a couple negative plays that puts them behind the chains, and Josh is looked to for the bail out.  4th quarter to run the clock out? looks like Johnson won that job if the Pittsburgh game is any indicator.  Idk why they just dont give him the lions share of the carries during the game.   Bottom line a running quarterback only gets you so far as determined by the history of the NFL.

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yet people all season said Mahomes has no one other than Kelce.

Were these the people who were rejoicing when Pacheco was out against the Bills the first time?

When we say this is the least talented cast Mahomes has had to work with. In 2020, Sammy Watkins was their 3rd receiver  behind Tyreek Hill and with a fresh Clyde Edwards Helare just drafted. 2021 had Hill, Hardman and Pringle. 2022 swapped the cast for Juju, Toney and MVS  (which people considered a downgrade). Then they lost Juju. 

Rasheed Rice has come along, but MVS has had a pattern of clutch drops and Toney was notorious for boneheaded plays (like the Offside) which is why the Giants dealt him on the cheap. 

I would take facing this Chiefs receiving corps over 2020 and 2021 10/10 and 11 on Sunday.

EDIT: I forgot having Jeremy Maclin early in his career.

It's not that Rice, MVS and Toney are benchwarmers. It's that compared to 2 HOF players they don't shine in comparison

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

10 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

oh, well glad you asked.  Cause there has been 57 super bowls and not one has been won by a running quarterback.  Josh Allen running is the Bills identity because the brain trust hasnt given him a runner to compliment him. Need a big play?, Josh's legs...short yardage?  All Josh.  Best runner on the team, Josh Allen.  Maybe after the Dallas game Cook caught a little attention from opposing coordinators.  Usually he's ignored and will spurt a few before a couple negative plays that puts them behind the chains, and Josh is looked to for the bail out.  4th quarter to run the clock out? looks like Johnson won that job if the Pittsburgh game is any indicator.  Idk why they just dont give him the lions share of the carries during the game.   Bottom line a running quarterback only gets you so far as determined by the history of the NFL.

Steve Young was a really great running quarterback.

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

I guess Nick Wright can look down the road and tell us what Kansas City will look like in 4 years, 8 years. 

Apparently they'll draft another Tight End as a good as Kelce immediately, Chris Jones will never get old, Isaiah Pacheco will be Emmitt Smith. 

No other AFC QB - Burrow, Stroud, Lawrence, Allen, Lamar, Herbert will ever win a Super Bowl. 

The Chiefs will win 15-straight Super Bowls apparently and maybe Mahomes will be 45 and still playing. 

Nick Wright's bar of good quarterback's is: Pat Mahomes. That's it. Nobody else measures up. If that's the case, why does any other fan of anyone outside of the Chiefs even watch the games? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

Why is that dolphins player rooting so hard against kc? Because they beat them? 

Because KC is at the top with all their success. It’s lonely up there. Everyone roots for your downfall. Even if it means cheering on a divisional opponent. 

17 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

there have been 57 super bowls and not one has been won by Buffalo. guess we should all just give up.

damned statistics creating reality again!

18 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Were these the people who were rejoicing when Pacheco was out against the Bills the first time?

When we say this is the least talented cast Mahomes has had to work with. In 2020, Sammy Watkins was their 3rd receiver  behind Tyreek Hill and with a fresh Clyde Edwards Helare just drafted. 2021 had Hill, Hardman and Pringle. 2022 swapped the cast for Juju, Toney and MVS  (which people considered a downgrade). Then they lost Juju. 

Rasheed Rice has come along, but MVS has had a pattern of clutch drops and Toney was notorious for boneheaded plays (like the Offside) which is why the Giants dealt him on the cheap. 

I would take facing this Chiefs receiving corps over 2020 and 2021 10/10 and 11 on Sunday.

EDIT: I forgot having Jeremy Maclin early in his career.

It's not that Rice, MVS and Toney are benchwarmers. It's that compared to 2 HOF players they don't shine in comparison

I never said anything about them being as good as 2020 or 21.  I said people underestimate the skill they have.  All season long I heard their skill positions are trash and Mahomes has nobody which is why their offense sucked all year.  

Edited by Scott7975

12 minutes ago, chongli said:

Twitter thread by NFL:

Tweet 1 and 2:

Tweets 3 and 4:

Tweets 5 and 6:

Look at how far off we were playing on 13-seconds. 

The Chiefs showed the Bills what would happen on the first play to Tyreek Hill. It was an immediate 15 yards. 

And they came out and did the same thing on the next play. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

John Elway?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I never said anything about them being as good as 2020 or 21.  I said people underestimate the skill they have.  All season long I heard their skill positions are trash which is why their offense sucked all year.  

If we break down the Chiefs scoring by quarter, and eliminate Week 18, here is the breakdown:

Q1 - 25.3 ppg

Q2 - 21.5 ppg

Q3 - 22.0 ppg

Q4 - 20.8 ppg

So they have the potential to blow the Bills out on a good day, I don't dispute that. But this is not an offense that got better and better throughout the year despite Mahomes' promise. Rice improved, Kelce got worse, Pacheco is pretty good, but he is not a Nick Chubb lead the league in rushing type talent. 

28 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

John Elway was already pointed out--add Steve Young to that mix as well. Some of his timely runs remain legendary through NFL Films...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Saratoga Fan said:

John Elway?

Nope, broken play runner as was Steve Young, these guys were good picking up yards when plays fell apart.  They had Wateers and Craig and Terrell Davis.  Its not an argument that Josh should never run.  These guys will turn it into that cause they protect whomever wears the colors.  I think Cook is fine in a role, just not as Rb1.   the guy asked why.  

If you go yards/game, taking away Week 18. 

Qtr 1 Chiefs 393

Qtr 2 Chiefs 370

Qtr 3 Chiefs 325

Qtr 4 Chiefs 338

So, give it to them. They put 26 on Miami and put up 409 yards. 

They're capable. 

But it's clear that outside of Mahomes and Kelce, the rest of their skill talent is not high-end (49ers type) talent. There is no Deebo Samuel on the Chiefs. 

With Skyy Moore coming back it adds another avenue for Mahomes to take. But Hardman, Moore, MVS, Toney would have to have a game that they haven't had all season to play at an elite level. None of those other guys have been game changing players this year. 

I am hoping Benford can play. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

If we break down the Chiefs scoring by quarter, and eliminate Week 18, here is the breakdown:

Q1 - 25.3 ppg

Q2 - 21.5 ppg

Q3 - 22.0 ppg

Q4 - 20.8 ppg

So they have the potential to blow the Bills out on a good day, I don't dispute that. But this is not an offense that got better and better throughout the year despite Mahomes' promise. Rice improved, Kelce got worse, Pacheco is pretty good, but he is not a Nick Chubb lead the league in rushing type talent. 

Sigh this is turning into a continuous conversation that I don't really care to have.  All I am saying is that KC's skill position isn't trash like people try to portray it is.  Mahomes has some good skill positions to work with.  IOW they aren't fielding an offense full of Kelvin Benjamine's and Robert Fosters.  They are in a similar situation as us in that they have an elite guy and also some good players and also some poor ones.  

Thats it.  Nothing more.  Im not trying to say they have a bunch of Kelce's and Hills and such on their team.  Just that all year I keep hearing Mahomes has no one and thats not true at all.  That is the only thing I am disputing.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

John Elway was already pointed out--add Steve Young to that mix as well. Some of his timely runs remain legendary through NFL Films...

Steve Young is still active as an analyst, i'm sure he'd concede he couldnt carry a team in both the running and passing game.  Its why Vic called him Elway on steroids.  If youve been around long enough to watch Kelly you know the difference.  

50 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Steve Young is still active as an analysis, i'm sure he'd concede he couldnt carry a team in both the running and passing game.  Its why Vic called him Elway on steroids.  If youve been around long enough to watch Kelly you know the difference.  

Fangio 

Edited by 1onemangang7

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Me too.  I been talking about it all season.  I really hope this game doesn't come down to Bass.

I swear if he ........I won't even say it

1 hour ago, bills742 said:

Interesting choice of photo for Mahomes. 

Doesn't look like he's been sharing those nuggies

55 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Steve Young says hello

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Awesome, since you know how it ends don't watch lol. To label Allen a running QB is wild. He runs yeah but he is as good of a passer as anyone in the league.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.