Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Chiefs offense hasn't been that great this year. It looks like Kelce is showing his age. I am not saying this won't be a tough game because it will be. But the Bills are favorites for a reason. Only one home loss this year and that was because they gifted the Broncos a second shot at a FG otherwise the Bills would have been undefeated in OP this season.

The Chiefs defense is also much better in Arrowhead than on the road. I still expect the Chiefs D to be tough just based on the teams know each other well. Spags is a good D coordinator. Their secondary is solid as well. 

The Bills offense has to play well, execute, be diverse, mix the run and pass, and make a few big plays. They are more than capable doing so. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Our D is so banged up that it's hard not to see KC scoring a bunch of points.  

That means Josh will want to play Superman.  Hopefully, it doesn't lead to what the media likes to call, "The Full Josh Allen Experience" - including some turnovers.  

I'm hoping for a couple of things from these two key guys:

McDermott.  He's been able to manufacture good performances despite all the guys in bandages.  I hope he does so again.  I hope he schemes and calls the best defensive game of his life.

Josh.  I hope he avoids TOs but still makes big plays.  I hope he remains patient, takes what's given, spreads the ball around, uses his legs effectively, makes good decisions, and is preternaturally accurate with the ball.  

If both McD and Josh have good days, we'll win.  If they don't, we could lose by double digits.  

KC averages 21 points per game over their last 11. It's going to be loud, hostile, cold, and somewhat windy. 

Our whole D line is intact, deep, and we get sacks and pressure. Veteran safeties with Douglas and Dodson back, we will basically have 2 solid back ups in there. 

I'm not that worried about D

• Like (+1) 1

With only one more day to get on the field and still being full DNPs...

I'm not confident that Bernard, Benford, Rapp, or Davis will be playing this week.

Great to get Rasul, Taron, and Dodsen back, but missing the rest will be tough.

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

One thing that I'm very concerned about in this game, especially with all the injuries...who is going to spy Mahomes?

No he's not JA17 back there, but he's killed teams over the years with his legs too especially in the playoffs and have to figure that will be a big part of the gameplan this week knowing attention will still go Kelce (and now Rice's) way. He had a few big runs against Miami last week too.

I don’t think Mahomes running is part of KC’s gameplan the way Allen’s designed runs are for Buffalo. Mahomes runs when opportunities present themselves. 

On 1/17/2024 at 5:42 AM, NewEra said:

Terrible take

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not confident that Bernard, Benford, Rapp, or Davis will be playing this week.

Agreed, I think we all knew that it would take nothing short of a small miracle to get Bernard back this week.  I'm still a little more hopefull that Benford could be back, if he gets in a limited tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Allen2Moulds said:

Agreed, I think we all knew that it would take nothing short of a small miracle to get Bernard back this week.  I'm still a little more hopefull that Benford could be back, if he gets in a limited tomorrow. 

To the Pit!

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

KC averages 21 points per game over their last 11. It's going to be loud, hostile, cold, and somewhat windy. 

Our whole D line is intact, deep, and we get sacks and pressure. Veteran safeties with Douglas and Dodson back, we will basically have 2 solid back ups in there. 

praying Taron can go as well.

Even just having Douglas and Dodson back would be a boost.

• Like (+1) 2

Benford is the only one I’m holding out hope for. Reported as a small meniscus tear. 

Rapp hasn’t practiced since Miami. 

Gabe has a Grade II PCL and given that a rolled ankle in Week 2 plagued him all last season according to Beane, I have no hope he’s coming back.

Spector is always hurt.

Benard’s ankle sprain didn’t look that bad, certainly not a bad as some basketball players who step on other player’s feet and the ankle rotates to the floor. 

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

what's the wind forecast?  i saw 11 mph last.  This game is going under im thinking

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bernard is still the biggie there, imo.  Obviously, losing Benford would hurt, but I like our depth there - if Douglas and Davis are the main tandem, with Elam backing up & Johnson in the slot, that's a pretty capable group of DB's and not a huge drop-off.

Davis & Rapp give us more versatility at their respective positions, but again, not big drop-offs w/ the guys who can play.

If Spector is practicing tomorrow, I'll feel a little better about the LB position.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, chongli said:

Google Translation:

"When the Chiefs faced the Bills this season... Because of this penalty, Patrick Mahomes will play the first game of his career away from home in #NFLPlayoffs He played 15 games in the playoffs, all in Kansas City or the Super Bowl #ChiefsKingdom"

So this one play cost the Chiefs homefield, just as the Josh Allen slip on the QB sneak at Tennessee cost us the no. 1 seed in 2021. Why couldn't the tush push have been invented back then?

Why do people still act like the game ended if that play existed.  The Bills still had plenty of time to go score again.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

But the truth is this guy is just some dude trying not get attention as a joke. He's not funny. 

I don't take comedy tips from anybody in the South.

Go watch some Jeff Dunham.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I don’t think Mahomes running is part of KC’s gameplan the way Allen’s designed runs are for Buffalo. Mahomes runs when opportunities present themselves. 

Thanks

Agree but if you look at Mahomes through the years, particularly in the playoffs he's killed teams with his legs as much as JA17 has.

He had 2 carries for 40 yards against the Dolphins and with the prospect of the Bills starting a bunch of backups in the back seven you better believe Reid and Mahomes will attack that, not necessarily with designed runs, but Mahomes taking off for smaller runs of 5-7 yards to get tough yards and 1st downs when needed.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

I don't take comedy tips from anybody in the South.

I don't like to think of myself as being biased against any particular group of people -- and I live in the south -- but I have to agree, I can't think of a single "southern" comedian I like or would pay to see.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Thanks

Mahomes in the past has really hurt the Bills with his legs. Gotta contain him, not let him get big scramble runs, and extend plays. Easier said then done. 

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Agree but if you look at Mahomes through the years, particularly in the playoffs he's killed teams with his legs as much as JA17 has.

He had 2 carries for 40 yards against the Dolphins and with the prospect of the Bills starting a bunch of backups in the back seven you better believe Reid and Mahomes will attack that, not necessarily with designed runs, but Mahomes taking off for smaller runs of 5-7 yards to get tough yards and 1st downs when needed.

bye!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Why do people still act like the game ended if that play existed.  The Bills still had plenty of time to go score again.

YES!! Exactly....They said that on GMF this morning. Talking about only an Offside call away from this game being played in KC. For some reason they apparently believe after that play the clock was on 0 instead of over a minute left with timeouts at the same time fully aware of what Josh Allen has done in that amount of time.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This guy.....

• Like (+1) 1

I've been digging through some stuff and realized that Floyd has 1 sack in his last 7 games.

AJE has also been relatively quiet since his big play in the last Chiefs game but injury is a factor there since he missed time

Bottom line.....I think one of these guys needs to show up big time for the Bill to have a chance Sunday. Von Miller doing something would of course be great too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yes. MVS and Rice can be problems, but you know Kelce is a problem

People underestimate the talent KC has.  No it's not like when they had Hill but Rice is really good.  Pacheco is really good.  Kelce has lost a bit of a step but is still really good.  Of course there is Mahomes too.  Mahomes also has the ability to take off with the ball differently than Josh but just as effective and demoralizing.  This is going to be a good battle.  Hopefully the Bills come out on top this time.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Absolutely agree here. Mahomes' legs are a weapon and he will not be holding back. Bills D has to contain the edges but yet put pressure on him. Tough task to stop Patty. It helps that Kelce looks slightly off and his WR core is unreliable. I think they try to pound Pacheco to open up the passing game. Similar to what Buffalo might try with Cook. 

This game looks like a classic. I bet it comes down to the wire. Bass kind of scares me. 

5 hours ago, boyst said:

This isn't real. The guy who posted that should be shot dead as an example of what's wrong with social media. 

It's satire.  It's from the Bills' social media department.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

I don't know. McDermott seems to be having fun at DC.

Though, I wish he'd hire a DC regardless.

Someone will get hired or promoted.  I dunno if McD will give up calling duties but the position will be filled by someone.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I don't like to think of myself as being biased against any particular group of people -- and I live in the south -- but I have to agree, I can't think of a single "southern" comedian I like or would pay to see.

Bill Engvall's "dork fish" bit is pretty good, but I can't vouch for anything else.

17 minutes ago, eball said:

that guy Ron White is a good comedian with timing and his craft. he's the only one i know of but i don't follow or care about comedians. i don't like humor and i don't enjoy life.

Edited by boyst
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

People underestimate the talent KC has.  No it's not like when they had Hill but Rice is really good.  Pacheco is really good.  Kelce has lost a bit of a step but is still really good.  Of course there is Mahomes too.  Mahomes also has the ability to take off with the ball differently than Josh but just as effective and demoralizing.  This is going to be a good battle.  Hopefully the Bills come out on top this time.

Agreed. If you haven't been paying attention, Rashee Rice has been getting better and better every game. He's dangerous. It's simply not true that all their receivers stink anymore. They're improved from the last time we saw them, and much improved from early this season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Von Miller truly can’t do anything anymore, he shouldn’t be active for this game.

Give JK a shot.

Von showed he can on the Steelers final drive.  He's gonna get Mahomes 

Just now, DC Greg said:

Agreed. If you haven't been paying attention, Rashee Rice has been getting better and better every game. He's dangerous. It's simply not true that all their receivers stink anymore. They're improved from the last time we saw them, and much improved from early this season.

Thankfully Jerrick McKinnon is not playing.  That guy seems to score every game against us 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Von Miller truly can’t do anything anymore, he shouldn’t be active for this game.

Give JK a shot.

bruce will be there. suit him up.

Re: Miller

he's been posting on social media a lot. seems to be more like he was preinjury. all the hype, etc. maybe his head is back in it so lets see.

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

bruce will be there. suit him up.

Re: Miller

he's been posting on social media a lot. seems to be more like he was preinjury. all the hype, etc. maybe his head is back in it so lets see.

Oh baby!!! If boyst of all people is saying something positive about Von, he must be ready for a 4 sack game !!!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.