Parking for tomorrow’s game ???

• Simon changed the title to Parking for tomorrow’s game ???
7 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I normally park in someone’s yard on Big Tree. With the storm I imagine almost all of the parking around the stadium will be closed. Are the Bills going to have their entire parking lot plowed enough to fit all of the cars? 

Polencarz was encouraging people to carpool because likely people who have parking in their yards won't have them cleared.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

A lot of people are not going to park.  they are unfortunately going to eat their tickets

Are all the local pizza joints shut down or has hoarding become that bad?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I normally park in someone’s yard on Big Tree. With the storm I imagine almost all of the parking around the stadium will be closed. Are the Bills going to have their entire parking lot plowed enough to fit all of the cars? 

No and good luck.  Satellites lots are probably going to be closed. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

No and good luck.  Satellites lots are probably going to be closed. 

If I owned one of those lots, I’d try to clear it if people were coming. I hope I wouldn’t price gouge, but I guess we’ll never know.  🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

Are all the local pizza joints shut down or has hoarding become that bad?

Unfortunately a lot of pizza joints in Buffalo and the suburbs are actually closed Mondays

Lot of family-owned businesses need one day off

Most will all probably be open Tuesday and I don't know if any opened today

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Unfortunately a lot of pizza joints in Buffalo and the suburbs are actually closed Mondays

Lot of family-owned businesses need one day off

Most will all probably be open Tuesday 

It was a joke.

• Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Polencarz was encouraging people to carpool because likely people who have parking in their yards won't have them cleared.

And even those yards that are cleared, it's likely to be a mudpit. Wouldn't attempt it without 4wd. Temporarily parked a truck in my yard two days ago and the ground is so muddy that I cant get it to move.

I can tell you that due to the stadium being built across the street, the stadium lots filled up much quicker than usual this season. I would advise arriving by 10:00am if you want to guarantee a stadium spot. 

Alternatively, purchase a "preferred" parking lot pass online before you leave tomorrow. That lot never fills up. Such a waste.

Edit: forgot the game is at 4:30 - not 1pm. Instead of 10am, I would say arrive by 1pm or 1:30pm.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And even those yards that are cleared, it's likely to be a mudpit. Wouldn't attempt it without 4wd. Temporarily parked a truck in my yard two days ago and the ground is so muddy that I cant get it to move.

To cold for mud.  

19 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

To cold for mud.  

Tell that to my front yard.

Joking aside, the reason freezing temperatures don’t negate mud is because soil is a fairly good insulator. So while the top crust (cm’s) is frozen, below it, the water is still in liquid form, creating mud. It would take several days (if not a week) of consistent freezing temperatures for the ground temp to become cold enough to negate mud.

Edited by Einstein

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I can tell you that due to the stadium being built across the street, the stadium lots filled up much quicker than usual this season. I would advise arriving by 10:00am if you want to guarantee a stadium spot. 

Alternatively, purchase a "preferred" parking lot pass online before you leave tomorrow. That lot never fills up. Such a waste.

Edit: forgot the game is at 4:30 - not 1pm. Instead of 10am, I would say arrive by 1pm or 1:30pm.

This.  Be really early.  Even if you have to Sit in the car for a bit. It’s going to be a mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Tell that to my front yard.

Joking aside, the reason freezing temperatures don’t negate mud is because soil is a fairly good insulator. So while the top crust (cm’s) is frozen, below it, the water is still in liquid form, creating mud. It would take several days (if not a week) of consistent freezing temperatures for the ground temp to become cold enough to negate mud.

Hasn't it been that long up there? 

2 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I don’t know how she came up with this number, but the Gov. was saying they only anticipated 17,000 attendees for the game tomorrow 🥲

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don’t know how she came up with this number, but the Gov. was saying they only anticipated 17,000 attendees for the game tomorrow 🥲

lol.  Will be way more than that…

13 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I thought she was talking about the Sabres game yesterday with that comment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Taking into account all the comments in this thread, it sounds like there’s not going to be enough parking spots to accommodate everyone who shows up to watch the game. That is going to totally suck for people who have nowhere to park. Sounds like the Bills need to set up some satellite lots and provide buses to shuttle people to the stadium. Anybody know if they’re planning to do this?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Taking into account all the comments in this thread, it sounds like there’s not going to be enough parking spots to accommodate everyone who shows up to watch the game. That is going to totally suck for people who have nowhere to park. Sounds like the Bills need to set up some satellite lots and provide buses to shuttle people to the stadium. Anybody know if they’re planning to do this?

The other thing is that how are they going to get all the snow out of the seats in the stadium?  

Time is far shorter than it typically is they have a little over 12 hours from now.  Not sure that's gonna happen either.  

20 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

That could be smart but then again would their be parking spaces there, would these be lots that didn't get pounded with snow or something?

Edited by Warcodered

27 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

There is one such lot.  The McKinley mall.   Erie county provides a metro bus back and forth from the mall.  I think it’s five bucks. Totally worth it. 

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The other thing is that how are they going to get all the snow out of the seats in the stadium?  

Time is far shorter than it typically is they have a little over 12 hours from now.  Not sure that's gonna happen either.  

They aren’t.  Grin and bear it.  Snow gets shoveled down and taken out through the field by hauler.  At some point they have to get the field open for the game.  When that happens, it’s over and the seats are in ten condition they’ll be in for the game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.