Game Thread: Green Bay at Dallas 4:30 PM ET on FOX

chongli

18 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I changed my name after the Broncos loss and am waiting the 180 days to change it back to FrenchConnection. I am one of the most positive posters here, but none of these teams that Inhave seen are beating the 49ers or Ravens. I haven’t seen the playoff Bills yet.

And you haven’t seen the playoff 49ers or Ravens.

You make no sense.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I changed my name after the Broncos loss and am waiting the 180 days to change it back to FrenchConnection. I am one of the most positive posters here, but none of these teams that Inhave seen are beating the 49ers or Ravens. I haven’t seen the playoff Bills yet.

In fairness we haven't seen the playoff 49ers or Ravens yet. How will 2 weeks off play into Baltimore's rhythm? Will Shannahan fall apart in the playoffs again? I'd bet that at least one of the #1 seeds fail. 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When they came to town a few weeks ago I was at a downtown bar with 50 cowboy fans singing karaoke

And every time their song ended I erupted with f*** the cowboys lol

And the only thing in Texas are steers and queers

I honestly don’t know why I hate the cowboys so much. It’s not the super bowls. They beat us fair and square. I don’t particularly hate the giants or commanders. The attitudes of the SB teams’ players was large, but so were our players’. Much of it is Jerry. But I still can’t explain why I loathe them. They are the team equivalent of a punchable face. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, stevestojan said:

I honestly don’t know why I hate the cowboys so much. It’s not the super bowls. They beat us fair and square. I don’t particularly hate the giants or commanders. The attitudes of the SB teams’ players was large, but so were our players’. Much of it is Jerry. But I still can’t explain why I loathe them. They are the team equivalent of a punchable face. 

I think it's The branding of America's team.. coupled with how much the media has loved them for a long time

52 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

He’s not?! Who’s the guy Jerrah drafted because he couldn’t get Knox?

Luke Schoonmaker in the 2nd round.  He had 8 catches for 65 yards on the season.  Or less than what Kincaid had against the Fins.  

He is also a year older than Kincaid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

It's all Jerry for me. My mother is from Texas and I grew up loving the Cowboys and Bills. When Jerry bought the team and fired Tom Landry I disowned them, oops, lol. Still can't stand them but happy for mom and family members in Texas when they are good.

6 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

He’s not?! Who’s the guy Jerrah drafted because he couldn’t get Knox?

Couldn't get Kincaid? That's Luke Schoonmaker. But whether Dallas were really taking Kincaid or not, and I'm not here to say either way but I have never thought it was the slam dunk others did, the real story is the guy they did take in the first was Mazi Smith, a 1T space eating defensive tackle with half a sack in two years as a starter on a pretty dominant Michigan defensive line. He has started three times, played fewer than 30% of their defensive snaps and barely got on the field last night as Aaron Jones ran for 118 yards and 3 touchdowns. 

I have been a big fan of the work the Cowboys front office has done drafting in recent years but, in admittedly not a good draft class, one year in their 2023 haul looks like a wash. Slightly off topic but it is a bit why I was less bothered than I would normally be last year that Beane spent his top two picks on kinda high floor guys at non-premium positions. In a good draft (like this year's seems to be) that is not something I would necessarily support. But in last year's draft I didn't mind it so much. 

7 hours ago, stevestojan said:

America’s Team.   That did it for me fifty years ago.   The hubris ….

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Packers have crazy young talent at WR , wow. They're capable of beating anyone 

Yea I did reflect last night on how deep they are now and how injuries had dropped Christian Watson down the pecking order a bit.... but when he has been healthy he has been really productive. I wanted to draft him instead of Elam. If I was Beane I might consider a phone call after the season. Wouldn't be giving up a 1st or a 2nd for him, but if Green Bay was willing to take a 3rd or some combination of pick swaps I might be willing to have a conversation. He is that speedy outside, downfield, type. I think if he could stay healthy he would EAT in our offense. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I did reflect last night on how deep they are now and how injuries had dropped Christian Watson down the pecking order a bit.... but when he has been healthy he has been really productive. I wanted to draft him instead of Elam. If I was Beane I might consider a phone call after the season. Wouldn't be giving up a 1st or a 2nd for him, but if Green Bay was willing to take a 3rd or some combination of pick swaps I might be willing to have a conversation. He is that speedy outside, downfield, type. I think if he could stay healthy he would EAT in our offense. 

I'd LOVE Watson. If he can stay healthy , he's a beast. Throw in Elam and a 4 or something

But I'd kick the tires on Doubs, Wicks or Reed as well. They're stacked with young talent

9 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Jimmy Johnson's face, yeah.... 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Jordan Love was spectacular. Looks like the real deal. I can hardly wait to see the trade package the Jets send Green Bay in 2035 for him. 

There’s not a fanbase more spoiled than the Packers. To go from Brett Favre, to Aaron Rodgers, to Jordan Love…

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

There’s not a fanbase more spoiled than the Packers. To go from Brett Favre, to Aaron Rodgers, to Jordan Love…

Gotta hand it to them. They knew when it was time to start planning to move on from Favre by drafting Rodgers. And they knew when it was time to hand the job to Rodgers too.

And then they did it all over again with Love.

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

It's how I feel with a section of Steeler fans when it comes to head coaches. To go From Noll to Cowher to Tomlin, they really have no idea how difficult finding a HC can be. Generations of Steeler fans have not had to suffer through even 1 Marrone, Stevenson or Bullough.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Gotta hand it to them. They knew when it was time to start planning to move on from Favre by drafting Rodgers. And they knew when it was time to hand the job to Rodgers too.

And then they did it all over again with Love.

Kudos to them for drafting first round replacements in every case, but they’ve beaten the odds twice in terms of hitting on a franchise QB. Those guys are rare, there are way more busts and duds than superstars at that position, but don’t tell that to the Packers. They’re due a drought.

16 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Fair enough, I was just messing with you anyway bro.  Let’s go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.