Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

3 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

We want to enjoy the storm. It’s part of living. Just let us do it. Weather chaos makes you feel alive because it’s thrilling. 

God bless you man. I get where you're coming from and appreciate the WWE-style mic drops 😂

Before opining on extreme winter weather, people should write their age, mile time, and whether they still live in WNY or have bailed to sunny tax shelters. I think there's just a very wide range of abilities and experiences represented in this conversation. But like you said, everyone should be able to make a personal decision on how to approach this.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I actually think if the Bills play Monday that we should be a Monday all the way to the AFCCG. 

I really dislike 5 day vs 8 day rest for KC or Cleveland. I think the extra day is crucial. 

Only reason I wouldn't think it gets moved to Monday is I'm not sure the networks would want to be splitting eyeballs for viewers since their is already a game scheduled for this Monday. 

I’d expect a change in date/time to be done early this morning if happening.  Kinda hope for Monday 1:00, but 4:00 seems to be the earmarked time.

I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff in my life when it comes to winter weather.  Put myself at risk, and others.  Both at a young age and pretty recently.  Not looking forward to going tomorrow.  May not go if it’s as bad as some forecasts.  I know I could drive and be just fine tailgating and sitting in the stands.  It’s the other idiots causing accidents, getting stuck that concerns me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Milanos Milano said:

We want to enjoy the storm. It’s part of living. Just let us do it. Weather chaos makes you feel alive because it’s thrilling. 

I wonder what your troll user name was prior to you changing it.  I bet you changed it after you cleaned all the poop off

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

It would be justified if the Chiefs decided they weren't using heated benches or any other sideline warming devices.

I'd go out and buy a new computer or a smart TV to be able to watch the fish flash freeze.

LOL

Indeed, but I'm not sure that heated benches will be the delta for the Fins.  

I mean let's think about this.  I'm thinking of sitting in a football uniform on a heated bench at minus 30 Windchill. 

Yeah, no!  

What a siht-show this weekend is already.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

I’d expect a change in date/time to be done early this morning if happening.  Kinda hope for Monday 1:00, but 4:00 seems to be the earmarked time.

I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff in my life when it comes to winter weather.  Put myself at risk, and others.  Both at a young age and pretty recently.  Not looking forward to going tomorrow.  May not go if it’s as bad as some forecasts.  I know I could drive and be just fine tailgating and sitting in the stands.  It’s the other idiots causing accidents, getting stuck that concerns me.

Doing it morning gives better light for drivers but less time for snow shovelings and road cleaning.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

it’s not just putting a few people at risk.  It’s looking like 75,000 or so who will all need to travel during winter storm advisory 

• Like (+1) 2

As a six decade long Bills fanatic I simply don’t understand this macho nonsense. Playing in the elements does NOT help our favored Buffalo Bills! If people are dying to stand shirtless in the storm they’re more than welcome to go stand out on their driveways all day tomorrow. Knock yourselves out! But if/when the Bills lose this game and see their season come to a premature end over a stubborn desire to see people standing in a snowstorm this franchise, and some of its fanbase, will have nobody to blame but themselves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BrettFavre said:

God bless you man. I get where you're coming from and appreciate the WWE-style mic drops 😂

Before opining on extreme winter weather, people should write their age, mile time, and whether they still live in WNY or have bailed to sunny tax shelters. I think there's just a very wide range of abilities and experiences represented in this conversation. But like you said, everyone should be able to make a personal decision on how to approach this.

Or maybe it was you who changed their under name name after washing off all the poop.  Or were you the guy who washed all of the poop off of him?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wonder what your troll user name was prior to you changing it.  I bet you changed it after you cleaned all the poop off

I can hear security arguing now………. “I don’t want to catch him! YOU catch him!”  😂 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As a six decade long Bills fanatic I simply don’t understand this macho nonsense. Playing in the elements does NOT help our favored Buffalo Bills! If people are dying to stand shirtless in the storm they’re more than welcome to go stand out on their driveways all day tomorrow. Knock yourselves out! But if/when the Bills lose this game and see their season come to a premature end over a stubborn desire to see people standing in a snowstorm this franchise, and some of its fanbase, will have nobody to blame but themselves.

Yep, forget about how much you like or hate extreme winter weather. It’s not about you. The best chance for the Bills to win is if weather allows the better team to do their thing. Handicapping both teams helps to level the playing field, and I don’t want any of that. A home playoff game should be played at home, even if it MUST be put off a day. 

Having said all that a thousand pages in, I hope this turns out to be a big bag of nothin’. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or maybe it was you who changed their under name name after washing off all the poop.  Or were you the guy who washed all of the poop off of him?

I joined this message board this season, thanks. Seems like a good time so far, except for the chronic safteyism. Go easy on the conspiratorial thinking, save some energy for handwringing.

It's an entirely reasonable thing to ask snowbird retirees to sit this one out and let the young people of WNY handle this storm, as they always have. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

On mobile?  I don’t mess with tbd on my pc

Yeah, click on their name and go to profile.  Next to their name there will be a little symbol you can click on to get name history 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Irish Coffees

There was time you could bring a thermos and/or a duffel bag of blankets, food, etc. 

Those games were a lot of fun. That said the warmth of consumer jackets and snow pants have gotten a lot better.

I have a survival suit that I swear by for cold games, snow removal, etc. It’s also a certified flotation device if you happen to do any water activities in cold weather. 10/10 highly recommend. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

LOL

That was the dude that waived to the police chopper that he was alright while lying in that stadium hole, then flipped them off.

His only charge was trespassing apparently.   LOL

Only in Buffalo.  

The new pricing structure will remedy that.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Only reason I wouldn't think it gets moved to Monday is I'm not sure the networks would want to be splitting eyeballs for viewers since their is already a game scheduled for this Monday. 

This week gets wonky. But I think weather forces their hand. 

But the divisional and conference games? I don’t think there’s a Monday night scheduled. 

I think the biggest issue could be if ABC has any rights over the term “Monday Night Football”. The occasional emergency probably goes by without a hitch, as long as there is no overlap. But it likely becomes legally tricky if CBS is airing Monday Night Football and ESPN/ABC has nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

There was time you could bring a thermos and/or a duffel bag of blankets, food, etc. 

Those games were a lot of fun. That said the warmth of consumer jackets and snow pants have gotten a lot better.

I have a survival suit that I swear by for cold games, snow removal, etc. It’s also a certified flotation device if you happen to do any water activities in cold weather. 10/10 highly recommend. 

What brand is it?

I was thinking of either going to the game or launching myself at the intakes for a float down the Niagara River.  

Leaning the river.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That sounds as if it's going to be postponed too Monday. 

3 p.m.  

Would be perfect.  

No doubt that the lawyers are involved with the lawsuit implications.  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What brand is it?

I was thinking of either going to the game or launching myself at the intakes for a float down the Niagara River.  

Leaning the river.

Waiting for someone to go over the falls in a sealed orb ball with oxygen tank. 

3 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Waiting for someone to go over the falls in a sealed orb ball with oxygen tank. 

Come on tho, we were just talking about panzees.

We don't need no stinkin' sealed orbs or oxygen tanks.  

My thinking is that the result would be the same, just much quicker in the river ride.  

40 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

They can.  They did during Covid.  And it's less people that would need to be there.  Won't need ushers or concession people, a lot less security.  Won't need to clear the parking lots.  

Just wish a decision comes soon.  I'd rather start planning my Monday than attempt the trip out tonight to find out the game has been moved or switched.  

Move the game to the field house.  

You’re welcome. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BrettFavre said:

I joined this message board this season, thanks. Seems like a good time so far, except for the chronic safteyism. Go easy on the conspiratorial thinking, save some energy for handwringing.

It's an entirely reasonable thing to ask snowbird retirees to sit this one out and let the young people of WNY handle this storm, as they always have. 

🤷🏻‍♂️ your profile says that you joined august 11th 2014

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Send a link

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What brand is it?

Leaning the river.

That sounds as if it's going to be postponed too Monday. 

3 p.m.  

Would be perfect.  

No doubt that the lawyers are involved with the lawsuit implications.  

May as well turnoff the computer if Monday at 3pm is your proposed option. 

43 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

can the bills be the icebergs, the Steelers be the titanic, the chiefs be the titanic passengers, and the ravens be that little sub, with Kyle shanahan, and Brock purdy riding in it?

So in this scenario the Dolphins would be............ dolphins?

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This guy is my spirit animal

27 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yeah, click on their name and go to profile.  Next to their name there will be a little symbol you can click on to get name history 

Thanks for the tip and helping me confirm my suspicions that @Milanos Milano is tbd legend IronMaidenBills/AraizasCurse.  Build a terrible rep- change name and start over hoping no one recognizes. 

meanwhile-  Araiza is still out of a job

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.