Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

1 hour ago, cgang said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2738eb557983be48fe22c9472928e543.jpeg

We may need that.  Hopefully the team is asking everyone to spend Sat. night at a nearby hotel.  I know the team has meetings, dinner, meetings, and chapel and puts most players up in a hotel, but I also know they've historically allowed a few of their stars to be home with their families either overnight or the following morning ('Zo Alexander was one).  This would be a good night to say "everybody stay at the hotel, no exceptions".

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Maybe the nasty weather starting out this weekend will prove to be a big assist for Buffalo to get to the AFC Championship game.  I gotta believe recent experiences in wind (NE game, Balt playoff),  Freezing cold (NE playoff game) and snow (Miami and Cinci games) has the Bills, McDermott and Allen more prepared to deal with the conditions better than our opponents.

I was in the stadium for Wide Right so I get what you're saying...just feel like the string of bad endings in playoffs has to end.  The fanbase and team is ready.

I do like the positivity. I do worry about some of the players though, a number of them are vocal about playing in the cold. I saw pics of Josh with layers and layers of clothes on at practice today, and it was 40 degrees😕

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So the weather forecast is improving Aimee?

??

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

So what we know for sure is that it is 100% going to be in Buffalo and there is conjecture that it may be moved to monday if it's as bad as they say?

The Sports gods want this game played on Sunday.  We will probably rout them if Pickens and Co. can’t be involved in their game plan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Simon said:

lol, I'm still shedding Covid and am not getting into an enclosed space with anybody.

At least anybody I like........

Edit:

Dammit, I should have said something about chain-smoking joints the whole way up.

You like me. You really like me.

Then again, I could be the first person to ever be banned in person by you...

🤣

But seriously, too bad. 

1 hour ago, Aimee75 said:

I do like the positivity. I do worry about some of the players though, a number of them are vocal about playing in the cold. I saw pics of Josh with layers and layers of clothes on at practice today, and it was 40 degrees😕

Oh screw getting cold for practice...I remember practicing lacrosse in high school in March in the cold in Rochester and I got slashed on the wrist and I actually felt it, lol...in a game it wouldn't have even registered.

Just a totally different mindset in terms of needing to deal with adversity in practice...you're working on specific things, not proving to the world you're tough (now if he was towards the bottom of the roster, that's different)...they'll see just how tough you are in the game and there's no one tougher than JA.

• Like (+1) 1

Ha, The Weather Channel just had a 5 minute segment about the game Sunday. They are so hyped up about the weather impacts.  I also learned that Highmark is the 2nd windiest stadium in the NFL.  Who the heck is first?!

They pointed out that Allen’s yards per game passing drops from 262 to 184 when it’s cold and windy.  And that Mason Rudolph has only played in 3 chilly games, the coldest being 36 degrees. Not that cold.

• Like (+1) 1

The forecast is getting more biblical by the hour. I really hope the NFL thinks this one through and doesn't risk the lives of fans getting to the stadium if the conditions are going to be dangerous. Move it to Monday or to another location like Detroit. Also the quality of football if this storm is as bad they say will be horrendous.

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

The forecast is getting more biblical by the hour. I really hope the NFL thinks this one through and doesn't risk the lives of fans getting to the stadium if the conditions are going to be dangerous. Move it Monday or to another location like Detroit. Also the quality of football if this storm is as bad they say will be horrendous.

Yes, I think it’s ridiculous, they're  stalling the decision. I’m from Rochester I went to Oswego to school. It was so bad. The only thing we could see was the light poles to guide us down the road. I live in Houston now they freak out if it’s gonna be 32.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Ha, The Weather Channel just had a 5 minute segment about the game Sunday. They are so hyped up about the weather impacts.  I also learned that Highmark is the 2nd windiest stadium in the NFL.  Who the heck is first?!

They pointed out that Allen’s yards per game passing drops from 262 to 184 when it’s cold and windy.  And that Mason Rudolph has only played in 3 chilly games, the coldest being 36 degrees. Not that cold.

Probably New England. 

31 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The forecast is getting more biblical by the hour. I really hope the NFL thinks this one through and doesn't risk the lives of fans getting to the stadium if the conditions are going to be dangerous. Move it to Monday or to another location like Detroit. Also the quality of football if this storm is as bad they say will be horrendous.

moving a playoff game out of your own city is complete insanity. If the day has to change, fine. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

If they put a travel ban into effect even CBS might have to sacrifice a few million viewers if it’s moved to Monday.

21 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

This is America, we need more freedoms and less being told what to do. Let us be stranded on the side of the road, let us live free. 

100% agree

I am bringing camping equipment, my 4 season tent, sleeping bag for -35, and my mountaineering pack.

I'm not joking. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

This is America, we need more freedoms and less being told what to do. Let us be stranded on the side of the road, let us live free. 

Of course there are two little words omitted in your sentence. “live free or die

43 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The forecast is getting more clicks by the hour. 

Other than that, cite your sources.

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Of course there are two little words omitted in your sentence. “live free or die

And plenty of us can make decisions and rationalize our risks. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.