The officiating in Miami

Over the moon with the result.

HOWEVER;

I would like to hear an explanation / some rational comments on the following decisions (or lack thereof) by the zebras that almost robbed us of a hard earned win:

- The blatant PI on Dawson Knox before the first interception

- The helmet to helmet on the stop by the fish on the one-yard line on the last play of the half

Neither of which the NBC "experts" properly acknowledged BTW.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, SydneyBillsFan said:

HOWEVER;

I would like to hear an explanation / some rational comments on the following decisions (or lack thereof) by the zebras that almost robbed us of a hard earned win:

- The helmet to helmet on the stop by the fish on the one-yard line on the last play of the half

Exactly 

Ty Johnson has a concussion because of the no call helmet to helmet hit 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

The PI no calls looked to me like, the refs are already in playoff mode.  Where they let them play!  Live, I didn’t see the helmet to helmet hit. I’m not sure it should have been called either in that situation.  

Edited by peterpan

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

HOWEVER;

the knox non-call PI was as bad as it gets because the ref was literally 5 yards away, watching it happen. How do you miss that?

• Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, peterpan said:

The PI no calls looked to me like, the refs are already in playoff mode.  Where they let them play! 

but you can't no call that play on knox, but then call the defensive holding on the hill play where his momentum wasn't even disrupted. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Question on the clock stopping after Allen's 15 yard scramble at the end there, because of the penalty on Ramsay.

If McDermott's declines the penalty does the clock keep running? That cost us 40 seconds. Feel like with a running clock after the play the non-penalized team should at least have the option of keeping the clock running after a penalty..

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

The PI no calls looked to me like, the refs are already in playoff mode.  Where they let them play!  Live, I didn’t see the helmet to helmet hit. I’m not sure it should have been called either in that situation.  

The problem with the no call of very blatant PI on Knox in the 1st half, is that they were calling a couple really ticky-tack DPI on us in the 2nd half.

Consistency is the problem.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

On the PI for whatever reason when a team is rolling like the Bills were on that first drive it feels like the refs let stuff like that go, maybe there afraid it’s going to turn too quickly into a snooze fest blowout on national tv. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It wasn't good and it's no longer surprising. 

I tell ya, the NFL refs are the exact equivalent of our “Course Hazard” when our family plays ‘Extreme Croquet”.  That’s our dog.  She’s allowed to randomly, at her pleasure, pick up balls someone has expertly placed to go through the wicket on their next turn, run around with them, and drop them somewhere else.  Players are allowed to wheedle and coax her, but can not complain, because she’s part of the game - she’s the “Course Hazard” and where she drops your ball, you must play it.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

The blatant PI on Dawson Knox before the first interception

Yep, they missed one that changed the scoreboard. It happens

21 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

He's a ballcarrier at that point and they are not calling a penalty on guy defending the goalline there.

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

the knox non-call PI was as bad as it gets because the ref was literally 5 yards away, watching it happen. How do you miss that?

Not to mention it wasn’t even a close call. It was obvious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, UConn James said:

On the first KO, Bass booted it out of the end zone. Ball on the 25. Then their LT iirc had a false start penalty. And when they ran the next play, the ball was snapped from the 25 yard line. 

Did I black out or something?

Clappy changed his mind and declined the penalty, the next snap was 2nd and 10. Broadcast neglected to update folks.

There were a couple grabby plays by the Bills not called and a close block in the back on the punt return. 

12 minutes ago, ajmac said:

On the first touchdown to Achane, they were holding Terron Johnson too. 

The PI was clear as day, and the helmet to helmet should have definitely been a foul💯‼️

I need to watch the Achane TD again. I saw 2 potential holds on that one. One was worse than the other for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's a ballcarrier at that point and they are not calling a penalty on guy defending the goalline there.

Helmet to helmet is not decided by ball carrier rules - why do say it matters? If you helmet to helmet anyone it is a penalty. 

Helmet to helmet is not decided by ball carrier rules - why do say it matters? If you helmet to helmet anyone it is a penalty. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

HOWEVER;

The blatant and egregious miss on Knox needs to be addressed.  That should've been 1st & goal at the 2.  I think RB's tend to get less helmet to helmet calls than wrs?

10 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I'm just saying that a) it's not a defenseless player/receiver call and b) it's guys colliding at the goalline. There's no spearing or butting; it's just football in it's purest form and it's not what the rule is supposed to prevent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.