See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Thus, the Bills being in a prime broadcast slot almost every week.  

Yea. Although on the other side of the pond that is not my favourite thing.... I am VERY happy with next week's scheduling for the Wild Card round.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That is a great still shot, thank you. It was 100% the right read and thrown to the best possible spot to give Johnson momentum towards the endzone.

If Allen isn't supposed to attempt that throw then running the play at all was a mistake. Personally I just accept that the other team made a great play to keep him out of the endzone. It doesn't always have to be someone's fault.

Yea I slightly recant my criticism of him on that shot. I know stills are not always the best way to judge but based on that picture I understand why he threw it. I think that is a chance you can take.

• Like (+1) 2

Just watched his presser. In answer to "what was the feeling at half time?" Josh said:

"We were beating ourselves. I was beating us.

Josh Allen must be a Josh Allen hater!

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. And he totally took over the game in the 4th Quarter. He does owe some thanks to his teammates though - especially on D where we are down to about our 7th linebacker - and Harty for keeping the game there for him to influence late. 

Josh Allen is always the most talented guy on the football field. Collinsworth said it early last night.... most of the time the opposition can't beat Josh Allen but sometimes Josh Allen beats Josh Allen.

Exactly.  It took the  “team” to get him to position for 4h qtr JA heroics.  A phenomenal catch off a helmet pass, an improbable 96 yd punt return, & the defense stepping up. JA is his own worst enemy. Sure he ended the night with decent stats & a W but that game should have been a 35 14 beat down. 

Like I said before you have to take the good with the bad with JA, there’s definitely plenty of both to go around.  If he can ever straighten out some of those negative impulse plays he’d be unstoppable.

i do have to hand it to this team for winning the division. I just couldn’t see it happening at the midway  point, especially not with the remaining schedule. Congratulations it shows a lot of character!

Edited by PayDaBill$

I think Josh Allen would benefit from going to therapy. I just believe that he has some mental hurdles he needs to overcome. 

No one can question his heart, that's for sure. I love Allen just like everyone on this board, and it's hard to criticize the guy, because he literally does everything but he has to reduce his variance in play. 

30 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

All I heard all week last week was how banged up Miami's defense was.

Bills O scored 14 points.

Oh stop. They marched down the field on almost every possession. Game could easily have been 50-14 if not for turnovers and a Dawson Knox mugging/James Cook easy td drop. Nice try though 🙄

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Success said:

The comments in the 1st half were unbelievably ridiculous. Allen was getting mocked.  Fans here were saying they didn't want him as Bills QB anymore.

They have to own that.

are you serious? I am SO GLAD I chose not to partake in the GDT thread then I'da lost my chit.,

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And who was responsible for those?

I am not like most of the "I don't want to be wrong" crowd over here. I don't lose it over freaking turnovers. I will take them if it comes along with all the other stuff that puts the team in contention every year.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I am not like most of the "I don't want to be wrong" crowd over here. I don't lose it over freaking turnovers. I will take them if it comes along with all the other stuff that puts the team in contention every year.

Problem is, it's those turnovers that are the greatest limiter on the ceiling of the team.

If he doesn't vomit all over himself in NJ and against the Patriots, we're likely the 1 seed, with a bye.

But hey, I won't tell you how to think about it

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just watched his presser. In answer to "what was the feeling at half time?" Josh said:

I think he is. The trouble is he can’t get out of his own way either - he keeps doing it.

I said last night, I believe the best thing we can hope for for the post season is second half Josh to turn up more often than not, which will increase the likelihood of a ring. Then, over the summer, he goes back to Palmer and works on some fundamentals. I can understand why he wanted a break from football after last year’s emotional wrecking ball, but this time he needs to be really focused on improving his weaknesses. I say this because he is the best football player in the NFL right now, yet sometimes looks one of the worst.

9 hours ago, Roundybout said:

They sure get quiet after games like this. Weird. 

When he's on his game he's one of the best. When he's off he's one of the worst. This game was a perfect example of that. 

IMO keep the running in his game but work on being more of game manager. 

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And who was responsible for those?

Gabe Davis on one 

O'Cyrus Torrence on one

And Josh Allen on the 4th down "punt"

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

Gabe Davis on one 

O'Cyrus Torrence on one

And Josh Allen on the 4th down "punt"

I think Allen was directly responsible for two of them. The no-look and the fadeaway stupid heave.

He was NOT good in the first half.

12 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Oh stop. They marched down the field on almost every possession. Game could easily have been 50-14 if not for turnovers and a Dawson Knox mugging/James Cook easy td drop. Nice try though 🙄

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Bills O scored 14 points. Fact.

Against a depleted Miami defense. Also fact.

I'm sorry this victory Monday has been so gloomy.  I mean I understand the frustration with non perfection.....That is what it is. We want our cake and eat it too. Forget he is a human and Lord have mercy strike me down for saying it He is Not a perfect football player.

You show me one of those.

this thread is making me salty. Im Out.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He was NOT good in the first half.

He badly missed the deep shot to Diggs, which he has just got to make. Aside from that he was fine.

He marched them up and down the field repeatedly but just couldn't quite finish drives for a variety of reasons, many of which were not on him.

He threw for 200+ yards before halftime and the only turnover he caused was a 40 yrd hail mary into the endzone on 4th down.

He's being held to an absurd standard that no other QB in the NFL is being held to.

The fact that you want to trade him for draft picks tells us all we need to know about your take. :lol:

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

I'm sorry this victory Monday has been so gloomy.  I mean I understand the frustration with non perfection.....That is what it is. We want our cake and eat it too. Forget he is a human and Lord have mercy strike me down for saying it He is Not a perfect football player.

Don't let fools drag you down, mup.

Smile all day and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

24 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Problem is, it's those turnovers that are the greatest limiter on the ceiling of the team.

If he doesn't vomit all over himself in NJ and against the Patriots, we're likely the 1 seed, with a bye.

Good, because again we aren't even in contention without him, and I realize this.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Bizarre thinking is all I can say.  Allen is the primary reason the Bills have won 4 straight division titles.  And on any rational list of what limits the Bills from winning a SB Allen's play would not make the top 10.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

So, is this "absurd standard" in the room with us today?

Unsolicited friendly advice - When someone more knowledgeable about football then you disagrees with your take, it's better off to concede and stand down. It has served me well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Unsolicited friendly advice - When someone more knowledgeable about football then you disagrees with your take, it's better off to concede and stand down. It has served me well. 

Hope he sees this

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a misleading take on what Allen was saying IMO.  Allen has always accepted the lions share of the blame for anything that goes wrong with the O.  It's one of the things that makes him great and a generational talent. But Allen being hard on himself is not the same things as "fans" attacking him over every mistake. 

37 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Bills O scored 14 points. Fact.

Against a depleted Miami defense. Also fact.

Are you happy the Bills won?  Because the Bills won - FACT.

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

Oh Einstein, you know people who actually hate Josh Allen can’t read!

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Um.

- Deonte Harty, game MVP.

That was a great play, and obviously timely, but If you think Josh Allen was not the best player on the field last night on either side, you simply are not paying attention.  

7 hours ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

When you lead the league in turnovers four years running, you deserve criticism  from your fan base. 

When you lead the Bills to 4 consecutive division titles, which ties the best the Bills have EVER done throughout their 60+ years of existence, you deserve to get some slack from your fan base.  And by and large the vast majority of the Bills fan base understands the Josh "freaking" Allen experience. In fact I suspect that only a tiny fraction of the fan base criticizes Allen in the over the top fashion some 2BD posters do.

34 minutes ago, muppy said:

So many people are missing out on some tremendous entertainment and once in a lifetime football accomplishments by the Bills by waiting for the perfect game by the team or by Allen.  It’s exhausting.  Like every week, i will try to shut out the pointless  negativity and continue to enjoy the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's a misleading take on what Allen was saying IMO.  Allen has always accepted the lions share of the blame for anything that goes wrong with the O.  It's one of the things that makes him great and a generational talent. But Allen being hard on himself is not the same things as "fans" attacking him over every mistake. 

Josh doesn't make excuses for himself. It is a big part of what makes him great. It isn't about taking blame for others it is about being really honest with himself. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Josh doesn't make excuses for himself. It is a big part of what makes him great. It isn't about taking blame for others it is about being really honest with himself. 

I agree.  My problem i with the over the top attacks on Allen by some on 2BD.  IMO these are two entirely different things.

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

So many people are missing out on some tremendous entertainment and once in a lifetime football accomplishments by the Bills by waiting for the perfect game by the team or by Allen.  It’s exhausting.  Like every week, i will try to shut out the pointless  negativity and continue to enjoy the rest of the season.

And Allen and the team has already played as close to a perfect game as possible - the 2021 playoff win over New England.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree.  My problem i with the over the top attacks on Allen by some on 2BD.  IMO these are two entirely different things.

Exclude the GDT though, that isn't an opinion thread it is just cataloguing emotions in real time... where are the over the top attacks on Josh? Maybe they are in threads I am not seeing and I confess if a thread has a stupid title I just don't open it. But I don't really see over the top attacks on him. I see people sometimes criticising him for mistakes he makes. He should not be above that. Even for his greatness. No player or coach should. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

What’s very funny is that Josh’s presser he keeps saying I kept hurting the team. 

TBD just doesn’t believe him I guess?

I’ve found most people can’t understand that multiple things can be true at the same time. 

In the first half he hurt the team. In the second half he helped the team. He needs to knock off the hero ball. I don’t know if he ever will. When doing interview with Tom Brady, Brady said something about taking check downs and what defense gives you and Josh pretty much rolled his eyes and scoffed at the idea.

He could be by far the best player to ever play the game instead of a debate if he cleaned up his inconsistency. 

If Josh could have the next month and a half where his mistake-to-amazing play ratio drops to damned near zero, they win the title. Way too much has already been said, have to take the bad with the good. Just seems like most or all of his mistakes this year have led to turnovers, while in other years maybe there have been more dropped INT's.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.