Around the NFL Week 17

aristocrat

Just now, dhgold said:

I don't feel like wading through this entire thread to see which way the wind is blowing, so I'll just ask: are you, Bills fan, rooting for the Chiefs or the Bengals?

I'm rooting for the Bengals. My logic: I don't want the Bills weasling into the playoffs as a six seed, but if the Bengals win, the #2 seed is just a win over the Dolphins away.

Bengals. F the Chiefs.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He has been terrible for months 

I find it interesting that this is the conclusion a lot of people are drawing, instead of what I think is the obvious conclusion - his poor weapons and average OL give him a very low margin for error. Every missed pass or bad play is magnified tenfold because nobody else on their offense is making plays for him. I'd like to think I'm somewhat of an expert on this topic having watched every snap Josh Allen has ever taken.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dhgold said:

I don't feel like wading through this entire thread to see which way the wind is blowing, so I'll just ask: are you, Bills fan, rooting for the Chiefs or the Bengals?

I'm rooting for the Bengals. My logic: I don't want the Bills weasling into the playoffs as a six seed, but if the Bengals win, the #2 seed is just a win over the Dolphins away.

weasel? you get in the playoffs however you can take it, the sooner the better

1 minute ago, dhgold said:

We get the 2 seed by beating the Dolphins no matter what happens in any other game. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

I find it interesting that this is the conclusion a lot of people are drawing, instead of what I think is the obvious conclusion - his poor weapons and average OL give him a very low margin for error. Every missed pass or bad play is magnified tenfold because nobody else on their offense is making plays for him. I'd like to think I'm somewhat of an expert on this topic having watched every snap Josh Allen has ever taken.

A lot of throws look off to me 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

A lot of throws look off to me 

I've watched a ton of Chiefs games over the past few years. Mahomes has always had some ball placement issues over the years, that has never been his strength. He just can't get away with it because his pass catchers are giving him zero help. It is the year of the playmaker and a couple AFC contenders are falling awfully short on that front.

Just now, stevestojan said:

Does just one of the two happening (Chiefs OR Seahawks winning) help us for next weeks odds, or was it all or nothing today? 

Literally might be playing for the 2 seed or missing the playoffs next week. Brutal. 

no, teams can lose (or tie) next week too, for the Bills to qualify. 

4 minutes ago, dhgold said:

Chiefs, of course. Get in the tournament by any means possible. Weasel is a fine mammal. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I've watched a ton of Chiefs games over the past few years. Mahomes has always had some ball placement issues over the years, that has never been his strength. He just can't get away with it because his pass catchers are giving him zero help. It is the year of the playmaker and a couple AFC contenders are falling awfully short on that front.

I’ve watched a ton too… I think this is his worst year by far…

He has Rice too this year who is turning into something for them

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Does just one of the two happening (Chiefs OR Seahawks winning) help us for next weeks odds, or was it all or nothing today? 

Literally might be playing for the 2 seed or missing the playoffs next week. Brutal. 

Yes the other team can lose the next week I'd assume.

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

That’s the thing about Josh and Patrick they have really sluggish games then at any moment they do stuff like that 

That's the risk, from an opposition's point of view, with both of them. They can be bottoming out and having a nightmare yet both pull a magical play out of nowhere.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.