Mahomes crying

Riverboat Ritchie

I've said from the start that Mahomes is fake. He's had had an amazing PR team and was drafted into an incredible situation situation. He *is* his brother and his wife. It's not an accident that two of the most annoying and vile hangerons in the NFL are his..

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when so many NFL football fans and many in the sports media were crowning Patrick Mahomes as the next Tom Brady. And will he break Tom Brady’s number of Super Bowls? Of course he won’t because one Tom Brady comes along once a decade and two there are more good quarterbacks now today compared to when Tom Brady was playing in the NFL just in the AFC East alone the quarterback position is loaded with only the New England Patriots ironically not having a quarterback today in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

Come on guys, Mahomes is clearly a better QB than Josh. Josh is clearly a better leader and I’d rather have Josh as our QB 100%. 

It’s kind of like Kelly/Marino. Marino was a better pure QB, Kelly was a better leader.

What we are seeing in Mahomes is a guy who has NEVER had to face adversity. His true character is starting to show and it’s not the polished, friendly, good dude the league PR team pushed for years. He’s emerging as a whiney, entitled, arrogant douche who thinks he deserves special treatment from the refs, fans, and league in general. Any doubt of this was eliminated with his response to losing to us and Reid’s response as well.

With that hideous wife, obnoxious brother, and his HOF TE more concerned with Yoko Swift than his diminishing production I’d be a little salty too.

Josh needs a ring and he’ll be elevated to that level in the national discourse, which I couldn’t care less about (the discourse, not the ring. We deserve a SB win).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I can't really believe it, but Flacco is playing better now than at any point since his weird/outlier 2012 Super Bowl playoff run. They would be toast if Watson hadn't been injured again.

That's not saying a whole lot though.

• Haha (+1) 1

I know I won't be popular for saying it, but I still have a ton of respect & praise for Mahomes as a player & person. 

HATE, HATE, HAAAATE him when it comes to playing against him or the excuses made for him in the media, but as a dude, he's cool. 

I watched him every game in college, went to most all the home games, know many people who met him during that time, and everyone I know has only said positive things about him. He's always been a vocal & intense competitor, so all the yelling on the sidelines is no big deal. Diggs is like that too. 

But do I feel bad that he's struggling this year? HAHAHAHA! Helllll no! The more losses the better! Sorry Patty, can't win em all! 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

But he currently isn't the best QB playing in the league.

Define currently.  I think you can absolute make a case that this year he is the best QB playing. 

At this point I don’t think anyone is taking Purdy seriously after tonight. Sorry, you can’t be 0-4 and consistently have your worse games when your supporting cast is not 100%

such a weird year all around for QB’s across the league. Not saying Allen will win the MVP. He still has an uphill battle because that is such a team success dependent award typically. 

But Allen is third in QBR, one of only three QB’s this year with a 70+ QBR. The two QB’s ahead of him in QBR, (Purdy and Dak) despite having great seasons, appear to be heavily flawed QB’s trending in the wrong direction as the season winds down. 

Then you have Lamar, he is having a good season, but not even close to a great season. 

7 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Yup, and he's not handling it well at all.

Allen has the stronger arm, doesn't act like a spoiled brat that's owed something, and his voice doesn't sound weird.

We have the better quarterback.

You forgot to mention Allen doesn’t walk like a girl

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s funny to me when we have supposed Bills fans on this board who seem to think they need to carry on crusades for other teams/players (I’m looking at you, @thenorthremembers).  I’m pretty satisfied right now knowing the Chiefs are going to have to win at least one road playoff game to get to the Super Bowl.  I won’t ever discount Mahomes but clearly that offense is a shell of its former self.

I don’t need to tell myself Josh is “better” than Mahomes, and Kermit’s accomplishments to date are unprecedented, but anyone watching the games can see that right now Josh is playing at a higher level.  Mahomes has the best defense he has had at KC and they have their worst record.

All of my focus right now is on two 1:00 games on Sunday that will be on side-by-side screens.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

I am here for a bit of Kermit eating humble pie. I hate say "Josh would never..." because I would like to give Josh some slack if it ever happens. 

What I'll say is that if Diggs got caught on a hot mic like Mahomes has been he would be getting absolutely roasted by that national media. There would be a flurry of stories about how the Bills are doomed, about a toxic locker room, etc.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They won the division the year he was on the team and he wasn't starting and the year before he was on the team.

The core (now aging) that Mahomes stepped in and had immediate success with had been division champions in 2016 and 2017 before Mahomes took the helm in 2018. Mahomes got to ride the pine for a year and learn from arguably the one coach whose success rivals Belicheck. (Bill has the championships with Brady and looked sup par without him, Reid has had success with various QBs and has a much better coaching family tree).

He stepped into an ideal situation from his first start. If things stand, this is likely the first year he plays playoff game in a hostile stadium (or gets bounced in the wild card round). This really is the most adversity he's faced.

And he's still going to waltz to a #3 seed.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.