Mahomes crying

Riverboat Ritchie

21 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

there are more good quarterbacks now today compared to when Tom Brady was playing in the NFL 

Bro the AFC was top heavy in the 00s-10s. 3 actual HoF qbs were playing at the same time and one HoVG (Rivers). Right now only Mahomes is HoF. Everyone else is flash in the pan, until proven otherwise

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, MafiaMio said:

Bro the AFC was top heavy in the 00s-10s. 3 actual HoF qbs were playing at the same time and one HoVG (Rivers). Right now only Mahomes is HoF. Everyone else is flash in the pan, until proven otherwise

The 1990’s the NFL quarterback’s are like now. 2000 through 2010 Phillip Rivers never won anything Tom Brady had to deal with Ben Roelisburger of the Pittsburgh Steelers and, and. Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Mark Sanchez and a washed up Brett Favre is some great quarterback’s for Tom Brady to go through in the AFC East then the AFC. Tom Brady was great but he ran away on purpose to the NFC for a easier lane to the playoffs with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when he saw the reality of Josh Allen and Tua in the AFC East. The reality is Tom Brady beat a lot of bum Quarterbacks in the AFC East with the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins to pad the New England Patriots win totals for home field. Today Tom Brady would have more difficulty because the quarterback’s in this 2020’s NFL era is like the 1990’s NFL era for quarterback’s. So no I don’t think Patrick Mahomes will come close to matching Tom Brady number of Super Bowls wins. We can agree to disagree in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The 1990’s the NFL quarterback’s are like now. 2000 through 2010 Phillip Rivers never won anything Tom Brady had to deal with Ben Roelisburger of the Pittsburgh Steelers and, and. Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Mark Sanchez and a washed up Brett Favre is some great quarterback’s for Tom Brady to go through in the AFC East then the AFC. Tom Brady was great but he ran away on purpose to the NFC for a easier lane to the playoffs with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when he saw the reality of Josh Allen and Tua in the AFC East. The reality is Tom Brady beat a lot of bum Quarterbacks in the AFC East with the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins to pad the New England Patriots win totals for home field. Today Tom Brady would have more difficulty because the quarterback’s in this 2020’s NFL era is like the 1990’s NFL era for quarterback’s. So no I don’t think Patrick Mahomes will come close to matching Tom Brady number of Super Bowls wins. We can agree to disagree in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Lol my favorite Bills Mafia delusion is Brady ran from the AFC because of Tua and Josh Allen. LMAO. This is the guy who is Peyton ***** Manning's rival and played at the same time as Rodgers, Brees and Favre. He beat Mahomes in the playoffs twice, as a geriatric 40 year old, he ain't afraid of no Tua or Josh Allen lol. Allen can't even get to a super bowl with his youth and with a stacked team. If Brady was at his prime when these qbs came out they'd all lose to Brady too. He was 40+ at the time they emerged so of course he'll slow down. Imagine thinking winning trophies in the NFL were ever east at any point in time.

while the 90s had good qbs none of them were at the same level as Brady and Manning who are literally 2/3 of the best qbs to ever play. You look down on Ben but he won ***** and had decent longevity. How many of the current qbs have won ***** and are not already breaking down not even 10 years into their tenure? You need to multiply the talent level of this current qbs by 5 to get to the level of qb play of the 00s-10s. They are all flash in the pans until proven otherwise. Only Mahomes has proven *****. Everyone else is probably going to have mid careers. Look at the mediocrity at the qb position this year as well as the fragility from injury. Not even close. 

Edited by MafiaMio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agree 100%. No one is who they are in front of the camera in the NFL. I would offer up that there are some guys that are closer to the role they show in interviews, however. Allen would be one that seems a bit more genuine. Dak Prescott is another. Of course, full transparency, I thought Watson was a class act at the start of his career as well, so to your point you never really know.  

Baker Mayfield seemed to have remade himself out of the Brown crap spotlight.  

56 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Bills fans were asking for Allen to be for vocal with his teammates when the team was struggling. But when another qb does it it’s a bad thing? Brady did all the time. It’s competitive passion. 

Yeah, I don’t think there’s a right answer to this.

Some people love Brady’s style of leadership. There’s nothing wrong with it in my opinion, but it’s not my preferred style. I actually love the way Josh approaches things and would prefer to play for a guy like him. That’s just my preference.

At the end of the day it comes down to that individual and them being their authentic self. Josh being more vocal, from what I understand, would be uncharacteristic for him. Which in turn, would have the opposite impact on his teammates when it is time to rally them. He’s a little more silent, he plays harder to get guys to play hard for him. If he does speak up, he usually goes after the other team, not his own team. 

I don’t know enough about Mahomes, but what he’s doing now doesn’t seem to mesh with how he’s typically been/been perceived. I think that’s the issue. 

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Bills fans were asking for Allen to be for vocal with his teammates when the team was struggling. But when another qb does it it’s a bad thing? Brady did all the time. It’s competitive passion. 

It is a balance for any leader.

When our OL struggles you will not see Allen single out a player, he says things like the other team has some good players and they get paid too, and they gave us some issues. We will have to take a look at the film and learn from it.

I have seen Allen yell "Let's go", and pump up his teammates and lead by example. Mahomes has not had the same path of adversity that Allen had becoming an elite QB in this league.

It will be interesting how he responds if they miss the postseason. When all is said and done, it's a good year to retool WRs. The draft is deep at that position.

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, I don’t think there’s a right answer to this.

Some people love Brady’s style of leadership. There’s nothing wrong with it in my opinion, but it’s not my preferred style. I actually love the way Josh approaches things and would prefer to play for a guy like him. That’s just my preference.

At the end of the day it comes down to that individual and them being their authentic self. Josh being more vocal, from what I understand, would be uncharacteristic for him. Which in turn, would have the opposite impact on his teammates when it is time to rally them. He’s a little more silent, he plays harder to get guys to play hard for him. If he does speak up, he usually goes after the other team, not his own team. 

I don’t know enough about Mahomes, but what he’s doing now doesn’t seem to mesh with how he’s typically been/been perceived. I think that’s the issue. 

Most likely the culmination of a season’s worth of frustrations. The Chiefs have had more than their share of the pie in recent years. It’s about time they have a down season.

33 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It is a balance for any leader.

When our OL struggles you will not see Allen single out a player, he says things like the other team has some good players and they get paid too, and they gave us some issues. We will have to take a look at the film and learn from it.

I have seen Allen yell "Let's go", and pump up his teammates and lead by example. Mahomes has not had the same path of adversity that Allen had becoming an elite QB in this league.

It will be interesting how he responds if they miss the postseason. When all is said and done, it's a good year to retool WRs. The draft is deep at that position.

They’re going to retool their whole receiving group for sure. It’s good not having to worry about KC, at least for 1 playoff season anyway. 

19 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think I said it in one of my posts, maybe not, but I'd love to see Josh be the greatest of all time when he is done.  I loathe the Chiefs, and would very much like to see them fall off the face of the NFL landscape.   

But, the question asked was why everyone thinks Mahomes is better than Allen, and I am not going to let my Fandom completely cloud my ability to have a real conversation.  And to this point in their careers Mahomes has been better in every category.  The conversation was never strictly about this year.   

Letting your emotional connection to something get in the way of your ability to understand reason and logic is a really bad way to go through life.   I've been a Bills fan for 35 years, have coached football for the last 10.  Never thought I'd have my allegiance and football knowledge ripped apart because I had the audacity to say a guy with multiple Super Bowl wins and MVPs is a little better than Josh. 

If it makes you guys feel better I've bought spent hundreds of dollars on Josh Allen merchandise for my family and truly think Mahomes looks like Darlene from Roseanne.

Fair points, but you also know I didn’t “rip apart” your allegiance…I just made a comment about you defending Mahomes very aggressively in this thread.

As for the Allen vs. Mahomes question, I think it is very hard to compare their careers in a vacuum because they came into the league with incredibly disparate backgrounds and were placed into incredibly disparate situations.  I don’t think that is up for reasonable debate.

Both QBs, I think, have made the best of their situations thus far, but Mahomes has the hardware while Josh does not.  They are both on Hall of Fame trajectories and they have each done things to start their careers that no other QB in the history of the NFL has done.  I’m thrilled the Bills have Josh and I believe when all the dust settles on both of their careers it will be a far less “easy” question to answer as to who was the “better” QB.

Go Bills and Happy New Year!

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Fair points, but you also know I didn’t “rip apart” your allegiance…I just made a comment about you defending Mahomes very aggressively in this thread.

As for the Allen vs. Mahomes question, I think it is very hard to compare their careers in a vacuum because they came into the league with incredibly disparate backgrounds and were placed into incredibly disparate situations.  I don’t think that is up for reasonable debate.

Both QBs, I think, have made the best of their situations thus far, but Mahomes has the hardware while Josh does not.  They are both on Hall of Fame trajectories and they have each done things to start their careers that no other QB in the history of the NFL has done.  I’m thrilled the Bills have Josh and I believe when all the dust settles on both of their careers it will be a far less “easy” question to answer as to who was the “better” QB.

Go Bills and Happy New Year!

I think this is all very fair.   My main sticking points are the passing yards and touchdowns.   But to your point, there are extenuating circumstances.  

Outside of statistics, I prefer Josh's attitude.   It may not count for much but having to watch a player for 10-15 seasons, especially at the QB position, it does matter as a fan.

A very Happy New Year's, and a big time Go Bills!

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

Only Mahomes has proven *****. Everyone else is probably going to have mid careers. Look at the mediocrity at the qb position this year as well as the fragility from injury. Not even close. 

who the ***** is this guy

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, MafiaMio said:

Lol my favorite Bills Mafia delusion is Brady ran from the AFC because of Tua and Josh Allen. LMAO. This is the guy who is Peyton ***** Manning's rival and played at the same time as Rodgers, Brees and Favre. He beat Mahomes in the playoffs twice, as a geriatric 40 year old, he ain't afraid of no Tua or Josh Allen lol. Allen can't even get to a super bowl with his youth and with a stacked team. If Brady was at his prime when these qbs came out they'd all lose to Brady too. He was 40+ at the time they emerged so of course he'll slow down. Imagine thinking winning trophies in the NFL were ever east at any point in time.

while the 90s had good qbs none of them were at the same level as Brady and Manning who are literally 2/3 of the best qbs to ever play. You look down on Ben but he won ***** and had decent longevity. How many of the current qbs have won ***** and are not already breaking down not even 10 years into their tenure? You need to multiply the talent level of this current qbs by 5 to get to the level of qb play of the 00s-10s. They are all flash in the pans until proven otherwise. Only Mahomes has proven *****. Everyone else is probably going to have mid careers. Look at the mediocrity at the qb position this year as well as the fragility from injury. Not even close. 

It felt like he did run to the NFC but it had everything to do with what was going on with the pats and nothing to do with the other afc east teams.  The bucs had way more weapons than the pats did. 

The flash in the pan label I’ve gotta mildly disagree with if rivers has the HOVG designation though lol. I think there’s a handful of guys that are HOVG at minimum playing right now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.