Mahomes crying

Riverboat Ritchie

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That Browns defense is tough, and look at Flacco play.

Their D is hit-n-miss, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on Flacco, who'll be 39 by the time the SB hits.  That seems a little precarious.  

I'd rather be us.  :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its just normal NFL nonsense.   He's been incredible through his first 7 years.   But rather than just say he's been incredible, people had to start putting him in the same conversation as Brady, which is both disrespectful to how truly great Brady was, and pretty much setting Mahomes up for a let down.  

Mahomes is likely going to end up having his worst full season in the NFL this year, but it still a very good season in comparison with his peers.    Just have to wade through the bs to get a sense of what really is going on.   For my money Mahomes is still the best QB in the league, but the Chiefs are dealing with the outcome of having to pay a QB huge money coupled with drafting late every year, and his weapons aging out of the league.  Kelce is on his last legs, Tyreek Hill's influence on the Chiefs was underestimated, and they've done a poor job of drafting.   Championship football takes a lot of things happening well all at the same time..    That said, I'd still take the two championships they have.

Why do you think he's the best QB? I'm honestly interested. Is it mostly the MVPs and Super Bowls? Because otherwise, I don't see how he's any better than Allen, even with better weapons and better protection over his career. Only now is he playing on an offense of the caliber Allen has had all these years, and the results speak for themselves. 

What am I missing? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

I have always been a huge fan of his both on and off the field but this year, when he has faced some adversity, off the field he has been slightly embarrassing. I get it that His WRs stink but cmon. 

When you absorb that much of the cap you need to carry the load for players with not as much experience or talent.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Punch said:

is that for real? what a whiny little ***** geezzzz

EDIT: I was punked by the fake voice. I would have rather heard what he DID have to say to be honest.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Their D is hit-n-miss, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on Flacco, who'll be 39 by the time the SB hits.  That seems a little precarious.  

I'd rather be us.  :) 

@PromoTheRobot is just setting you up in the unlikely event that Joe Flacco (10 TD 7 INT 59% completion) somehow beats the Bills in the playoffs............so he can shame you for not being an appreciative fan.

If JA17 loses a playoff game to a 38-39 year old Joe Flacco........9 years after he was last a good starting QB in the NFL.........then that will be inexcusable.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

People seem to forget Mahomes before he got the super bowls and how much of a baby/drama queen he was.

This is always who he's been...it just hasn't showed because he's had the luxury of being the darling of the league and has constantly won.

pfffft,  what the hell has Mahomes ever done huh!  The top winners absolutely can't stand losing. Those who accept losing, are losers.

18 minutes ago, finn said:

Why do you think he's the best QB? I'm honestly interested. Is it mostly the MVPs and Super Bowls? Because otherwise, I don't see how he's any better than Allen, even with better weapons and better protection over his career. Only now is he playing on an offense of the caliber Allen has had all these years, and the results speak for themselves. 

What am I missing? 

They've started almost the exact number of games since coming into the league.  Mahomes total (passing and rushing) yards per game is better by close to 30 yards per game, his total touchdowns per game (both rushing and passing) are higher, his turnovers per game (fumbles and ints) are lower by close to .5 turnovers a game, his completion percentage is higher, his yards per attempts is higher, his winning percentage is higher, he's won more playoff games, he's won two superbowls, and has been a league MVP.     I mean does that cover enough?  Its literally almost eveything you'd look at from a quarterback perspective and Josh is literally worse in every category.  

What can you point to aside from being a better rusher that Josh does better?  Mahomes has been a far superior passer than Josh.  And again, when you add both rushing and passing stats together Mahomes is still superior.    Mahomes has only started 3 more games than Josh and has 52 more passing touchdowns than him.   Not to mention 13 less interceptions.    Mahomes didnt play well today, and the Chiefs are struggling, but make no mistake about it, he is still the best quarterback in the league.  In my mind Josh is the second best QB in the league, but he hasnt been as good as Mahomes.   There is no argument to be made that says he has. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They've started almost the exact number of games since coming into the league.  Mahomes total (passing and rushing) yards per game is better by close to 30 yards per game, his total touchdowns per game (both rushing and passing) are higher, his turnovers per game (fumbles and ints) are lower by close to .5 turnovers a game, his completion percentage is higher, his yards per attempts is higher, his winning percentage is higher, he's won more playoff games, he's won two superbowls, and has been a league MVP.     I mean does that cover enough?  Its literally almost eveything you'd look at from a quarterback perspective and Josh is literally worse in every category.  

What can you point to aside from being a better rusher that Josh does better?  Mahomes has been a far superior passer than Josh.  And again, when you add both rushing and passing stats together Mahomes is still superior.    Mahomes has only started 3 more games than Josh and has 52 more passing touchdowns than him.   Not to mention 13 less interceptions.    Mahomes didnt play well today, and the Chiefs are struggling, but make no mistake about it, he is still the best quarterback in the league.  In my mind Josh is the second best QB in the league, but he hasnt been as good as Mahomes.   There is no argument to be made that says he has. 

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

57 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The problem is no other team in the West is taking advantage of it (Raiders maybe, but too little, too late). Those MF'ers are still going to win the division and get a home game.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Mahomes basically started in his 2nd year in the league after getting to sit a year and learn with the offensive mind of Andy Reid as his HC. Also when he started he had Hill and Kelce as well as a competent O-line. Josh on the other hand started his rookie year none of the WRs/TEs that started with him would make it really into the next season most wouldn't even start for another team the exception being Zay Jones who got traded in October of the 2nd season, and I'm pretty sure he lost his starting job before he figured things out with the Jaguars. His O-line that rookie year same thing none on the team or starting anywhere else the next season with the exception of Dawkins.

So that first year might have been a bit different.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.