Bills @ Chargers Game Thread - 2nd half

Simon

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Some ***** penalties too, I mean seriously that holding on Morse on 2nd and 25 to negate that amazing Gabe Davis 1st down, they killed that drive and it could have kept them out of the game.

Think there might have been one on an early drive too. Obviously they could have executed better too but I mean damn we haven't been doing the intermediate passing game as much so going 20 yards on a set of downs is ***** hard.

This times 100.  That Morse call was horrific. I’ve had about enough of the officiating altering games this year. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Tim Tindale said:

It’s like you are watching the NFL for the first time. You have never seen a maligned home team play inspired football for an interim head coach?

Maybe relax and enjoy it. Other than the officiating, the NFL is an entertaining product. 

dude.  You realize we played a team with a backup QB, 3rd string center and missing its top two WRs.  I don’t care how “inspired” they were that is a huge talent mismatch.  Championship teams crush those teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

I really wish I had your sunny disposition

watch a lot of football and you will understand what I am saying.  The league is about winning close games and doing it in a fashion that is repeatable...not a miracle play, but methodical play and playing with poise at the critical moments.

SF lost to Cle with a backup qb, miami lost at home to will levis, dallas lost to josh dobbs, eagles lost to the jets....etc.etc.etc..

this is a week to week league.  The trick is winning close games and being able to play with poise when you are under the most pressure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This was the definition of a trap game.

Chargers with a mini-bye, road game on the west coast after a huge win, interim coach/players playing for their jobs, and immense pressure to win. I don’t care what the negative people on this board say, I am satisfied w/ this win today. How many of these games didn’t go the Bills way this year? 

It's hard as hell to win games.  There were a lot of tough circumstances going in to this one.  Also fell on the wrong end of some officiating "luck".  3 Really bad turnovers though, no excuse for that.  The mini meltdown on the punt at the 5 was annoying too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Eff all the haters.

Bills ***** themselves in the door with a giant blunderbuss but still won.

As was said above, negative 3 in turnovers a long w those penalties is an impossible task and we did it.

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all!!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’ve got the opposite takeaway…I think they simplified too much due to the short week and the chargers came to play.  Josh made a couple massively huge plays and missed some easy ones…such is the nfl 

that drive the refs basically stole from our offense didn’t help either 

Fair take. But on the critical 3rd down near the endszone everyone ran long a short outlet would have Been helpful

6 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

OK, so here’s a problem with the bills or Josh Allen specifically. He’s an incredibly gifted quarterback. Well, he’s an incredibly gifted athlete.  But the offensive coordinators are not making the game easy for him. They need to simplify the game just like they simplify the game for the chargers, Austin stick or whatever the ***** his name is.  I haven’t seen this season or the last two seasons. Any quick reads any easy successes that Josh can make everything is read read read move through your progressions do this do that and that’s fine and that happens but gives the guy a break scheme Shakira Shakira is a door offense and we’re not using them and it’s driving me out of my mind.

They didn't simplify anything for stick. The dude had all day to pass for 90% of the game. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Didn’t see the game but fire Mcclappy 

these guys lost by 233 to the raiders last week 

they quit playing last week in the first quarter.  They literally didn't care.

this week was totally different.  These interim coaches who have athletic qb's create all kinds of problems.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

dude.  You realize we played a team with a backup QB, 3rd string center and missing its top two WRs.  I don’t care how “inspired” they were that is a huge talent mismatch.  Championship teams crush those teams. 

Do you get a boost in the standings by crushing an opponent vs just beating them?

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Didn’t see the game but fire Mcclappy 

these guys lost by 233 to the raiders last week 

I’m havin trouble blaming mcd for this one being close…two bad fumbles and an INT kept them in the game.  Refs absolutely torpedoed one of our drives that we likely would’ve scored on too.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

We blew out the Cowboys last week, who blew out the Eagles the week before. The Niners lost in Cleveland to PJ Walker earlier this year.  If Watson were healthy, he’d be on the street right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I can't just deny this, it felt a lot like they were like well we got to showcase our no commercial 4th quarter feature better keep it interesting. Alson what the ***** was with the blown dead muffed kickoff return?

You know what was really sad about that Mitch Morse holding call, it erased a great Gabe Davis play and he needs all of those he can get.

I wondered that about the Kickoff return at the time. How the hell is that just a touchback? He didn't indicate a fair catch did he? If not he fielded  it in the field of play! 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m havin trouble blaming mcd for this one being close…two bad fumbles and an INT kept them in the game.  Refs absolutely torpedoed one of our drives that we likely would’ve scored on too.  

This game was sloppy because of the players.  Nothing to do with the HC.  Get them prepared but the execution was up and down. 

8 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Agee, that was a terrible call. The tripping before that was obvious, but that one, no way. 

I wouldnt even call it obvious it was incidental where player just tripped over Browns leg after he missed block. Ive seen players intentionally put their leg out there snd it not get called

7 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

The best time to start a long winning streak is late December

10 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Wow # 6 in the playoff slot.  That changed fast.  75% chance to make the playoffs now

Im sure the Bengals losing helped

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Championship teams sneak past mediocre/bad teams playing for just pride pretty often actually. What sets them apart is they do win the games like that, not avoiding those type of games entirely 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I wondered that about the Kickoff return at the time. How the hell is that just a touchback? He didn't indicate a fair catch did he? If not he fielded  it in the field of play! 

A kick remains a kick until it is possessed.

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I wouldnt even call it obvious it was incidental where player just tripped over Browns leg after he missed block. Ive seen players intentionally put their leg out there snd it not get called

What made me have to walk to the kitchen is, after the refs imploded that drive, there was a block in the back right in front of the official at the point of the return… no call. This officiating is just all over the place. It must be exhausting for the players. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.