Bills at Chargers, Game Week Thread Sat. 8 pm on Peacock (7 pm for us Flyover Folks)

Beck Water

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

you left off the most important talking point - Dan played for many lousy coaches and never noticed an interim coach “bump.”  He also compared the lame duck games to the preseason

Eh.  The former wasn't entirely a key point to me.  After ditching McDaniels after the Lions loss, the Raiders won 2 in a row.  The Bills O has looked more effective under Brady.  I can see circs where a coach is like a black cloud over the building and moving him out lets the sun back in.  So not to disagree with Orlovsky, but it's anecdotal.  They may  get a "bump", they may not - depends on too many factors we know nothing about.

51 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I thought I heard he needed to be out one more game for IR…

4 games required, went on Nov 22 so he can come off any time now

41 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It is almost certainly Covid, but there's no way the NFL would publicize it as such of course.

Just stop.  You don't even know what his symptoms are.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It is almost certainly Covid, but there's no way the NFL would publicize it as such of course.

what??? Covid schmovid. It's a flu dude or a bad cold. Covid, if ya didn't know, was a farse. It's a flu and cook will cook. LET JAMES COOK!!!!

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Eh.  The former wasn't entirely a key point to me.  After ditching McDaniels after the Lions loss, the Raiders won 2 in a row.  The Bills O has looked more effective under Brady.  I can see circs where a coach is like a black cloud over the building and moving him out lets the sun back in.  So not to disagree with Orlovsky, but it's anecdotal.

4 games required, went on Nov 22 so he can come off any time now

Just stop.  You don't even know what his symptoms are.

Right on dude - you tell em'. Covid.... wtf. Only in america I tell ya. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Playing on Saturday makes it more tricky for cook he might legit miss the game idk. Ty Johnson banged up too wonder if this is the fournette call up game 

Depends on what he's got.  If it's a norovirus (Cowboys were said to have stomach bug) he could have a really rough 24 hrs, but he should get all the medical treatment to make it less rough (IVs, antinausea, antidiarrheal etc) and that will help him recover better too than us ordinary stiffs who get dehydrated when we can't keep anything down.

Problem is more likely, how many people in the locker room did he infect?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Both of my kids at college and many of their friends over the past few weeks have been hit with a nasty cold-flu like illness.  They all tested negative for flu, covid, strep, mono, etc...  Apparently just a nasty virus.  I don't know if that's what is hitting NFL teams but it's not necessarily Covid.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Both of my kids at college and many of their friends over the past few weeks have been hit with a nasty cold-flu like illness.  They all tested negative for flu, covid, strep, mono, etc...  Apparently just a nasty virus.  I don't know if that's what is hitting NFL teams but it's not necessarily Covid.

Mom's long term care has had 5 outbreaks since fall and every one has been norovirus... and if you get the norovirus you may end up wishing you had covid, nasty bugs going around this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Mom's long term care has had 5 outbreaks since fall and every one has been norovirus... and if you get the norovirus you may end up wishing you had covid, nasty bugs going around this year.

Yeah, norovirus is the bug that hits cruise ships and thru-hikers on the AT.  It's super-infectious - only need a couple particles to getcha.  It can be killed by a good soap and hot water hand wash, but it laughs at alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gel disinfectants.  And there's something like 50 genotypes, so someone who has just had it, can get re-infected by a different strain.  It won't kill ya, but you may have 24 or 48 hrs where you wish it would.

Just now, GottaRun said:

HMM James Cook illness - DNP - is that code for really bad hangover after celebrating Sunday's monster performance?

Well, he practiced Tuesday, so, No.

This....doesn't sound good for seeing AJ anytime soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, norovirus is the bug that hits cruise ships and thru-hikers on the AT.  It's super-infectious - only need a couple particles to getcha.  It can be killed by a good soap and hot water hand wash, but it laughs at alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gel disinfectants.  And there's something like 50 genotypes, so someone who has just had it, can get re-infected by a different strain.  It won't kill ya, but you may have 24 or 48 hrs where you wish it would.

Well, he practiced Tuesday, so, No.

I got the norovirus last spring. Really nasty. 

• Agree 1

Just watched some of our highlights from our last game and I’m really liking Ty Johnson… I think he has deceiving speed and he’s not afraid to put his head down and try and run somebody over… I’m excepting a another stellar performance out of our backs against the chargers 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Just watched some of our highlights from our last game and I’m really liking Ty Johnson… I think he has deceiving speed and he’s not afraid to put his head down and try and run somebody over… I’m excepting a another stellar performance out of our backs against the chargers 

It’s been a long time since the Bills o-line was good enough to see their backs make some cuts and have room to run. That run game last week was beautiful to watch.  

So much better than watching Singletary channel Barry Sanders just to get to the line of scrimmage. Glad to see him doing so well with Houston. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

HMM James Cook illness - DNP - is that code for really bad hangover after celebrating Sunday's monster performance?

There was a rumor, flu or some thing going around the Cowboys. Let's hope nobody on the bills. Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s been a long time since the Bills o-line was good enough to see their backs make some cuts and have room to run. That run game last week was beautiful to watch.  

So much better than watching Singletary channel Barry Sanders just to get to the line of scrimmage. Glad to see him doing so well with Houston. 

Yea for sure… Like some of the sports casters has been saying our run game against Dallas was the best it’s been in the entire McDermott Allen era…. If we can keep it I think will be unstoppable going down the stretch here…

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Yea for sure… Like some of the sports casters has been saying our run game against Dallas was the best it’s been in the entire McDermott Allen era…. If we can keep it I think will be unstoppable going down the stretch here…

I really was expecting the Cowboys to adjust to stop the run.  If they did, I wanted to see how Brady would take advantage of that with the pass.

The good thing is with a threat in passing and rushing, we can really see what we have in Brady.  I hope it's something special.

• Like (+1) 2

Did a quick peek at free agency and the 2 guys that would be unbelievable to get this offseason are Antoine Winfield Jr and the other Josh Allen. Those 2 are game wreckers on D. I don’t think there’s a WR worth the money they’ll want. I’d give a 3 year $35mil type deal to Ridley or Pittman but that’s about it. I’d rather get Odunze in the draft 

Chris Jones would also be amazing but he’s going to get an insane amount of money

Edited by NeverOutNick
Chris Jones

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

Did a quick peek at free agency and the 2 guys that would be unbelievable to get this offseason are Antoine Winfield Jr and the other Josh Allen. Those 2 are game wreckers on D. 

I don’t think the world’s ready for two Josh Allens on the same team!

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Dr. K said:

I hate all the bloviating by the talking heads on the sports shows about how suddenly the Bills are playoff bound and maybe the best team in the AFC nobody wants to play them etc. etc. yada yada yada. 

It's all BS. Just beat the Chargers. That's all that matters, all that anybody on this team should care about this week. Shut that noise out, because that's all it is--noise. 

Thank you.  Like Josh always says, it’s never as good or bad as it looks.  While we just smoked the Cowboys and Chargers got smoked by the Raiders, they’re likely to be playing inspired in Primetime playing for their new HC.  And I know most of us haven’t heard of Easton Stick, but the guy was a winner in college and has had several years to develop behind the scenes at the NFL level.  He might suck on Sat night, but don’t underestimate the new guy.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Did a quick peek at free agency and the 2 guys that would be unbelievable to get this offseason are Antoine Winfield Jr and the other Josh Allen. Those 2 are game wreckers on D. I don’t think there’s a WR worth the money they’ll want. I’d give a 3 year $35mil type deal to Ridley or Pittman but that’s about it. I’d rather get Odunze in the draft 

Chris Jones would also be amazing but he’s going to get an insane amount of money

Those players are all amazing, no doubt.

The problem is that the Bills will be Eleventy Billion dollars in the hole next year. Even with clever maneuvering by Brandon Beane, I believe that the money we already pay Josh Allen will prevent us from signing Josh Allen.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Hahaha.  Absolutely 0.0 chance you get Pittman for ~12mil per year. 

If Keenan Allen doesn't play, this should be a slam dunk.

The Bills just have to show up in the next 2 games.  We've shown we can lose to ANYONE, but it's all about taking each game seriously, focusing, and playing with purpose.  They can no longer "play down to the level."  

Put this game away early.  It has to be a no nonsense approach in this home stretch.

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

The problem is that the Bills will be Eleventy Billion dollars in the hole next year. Even with clever maneuvering by Brandon Beane, I believe that the money we already pay Josh Allen will prevent us from signing Josh Allen.

I've been assured by the top men here that the cap is not real.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gman10 said:

There was a rumor, flu or some thing going around the Cowboys. Let's hope nobody on the bills. Got it.

Wasn't a rumor.  There were apparently 10 players dealing with a "stomach bug" (which usually means norovirus) on Sunday.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10101516-cowboys-rumors-stephon-gilmore-brandin-cooks-among-10-players-dealing-with-illness

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

Sure hoping that the Seahawks win on Monday night adds more incentive for Dallas to right its road ship against the fish! Also a win by us on Saturday puts a little more heat on the fins.

I kinda doubt the Seahawks win affects the Cowboys one way or the other.  They were always going to be motivated to get the best possible playoff seeding.  And now they're dealing with being embarrassed on national TV.  

So the Dolphins can't beat anyone with a winning record, and the Cowboys can't beat anyone while playing on the road.  Are we looking at a tie?

35 minutes ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen's contract is really not the issue.  He's quite far from the highest paid QB.  It's Von Miller's contract that really upset the applecart.  That was a bet Beane made last year, and it was working out great until it wasn't.  Now those dollars allotted to a (currently) mediocre player look like a huge mistake and burden going forward.  But who knows.  The Bills have been saying since Miller was activated that they really were hoping he'd be close to 100% by the end of the year, and if you noticed he's been getting much closer to sacks lately.  He could be a force next year if he keeps rehabbing over the offseason.  All that said, the salary cap will be an issue.  I think Gabe Davis is a goner.  We need a good WR2 in the draft, and also a center and a safety or two, to have on the game rosters and getting experience when the opportunity arises.  Morse is a very good center but is getting up there.  Same thinking for Poyer and Hyde.  I don't think Rapp is the long-term answer.  Surprisingly I think we're in good shape at CB even if Tre White doesn't return.  LB will also be a solid position when Milano returns, and the DL should be strong again.

45 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t think the world’s ready for two Josh Allens on the same team!

I don't know about the world, but I am!!

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I really was expecting the Cowboys to adjust to stop the run.  If they did, I wanted to see how Brady would take advantage of that with the pass.

The good thing is with a threat in passing and rushing, we can really see what we have in Brady.  I hope it's something special.

I think the Cowboys tried to adjust to stop the run, but short of everyone on defense putting on 20 pounds of muscle during halftime, there wasn't much they could do.  Their D is built for speed to stop opposing passing which they assume will happen because their own offense usually scores so much.  

50 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

We're already got our versions of Chris Jones.  Their names are Ed Oliver and DaQuon Jones.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GottaRun said:

He was outside for over three hours in a cold rain, which for me is the worst condition.  I would much prefer 10 degrees and sunny, or 20 degrees and snowy.  The rain just soaks in and chills you to the bone.  I'd be surprised if a lot of guys didn't get something affecting their health.  

There was a lot of talk about Peacock offering a free 7 day trial but if you go to their website there's nothing there about it.  Has anyone tried to sign up for it in the last couple of days?

Edited by Utah John

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.