Bills at Chargers, Game Week Thread Sat. 8 pm on Peacock (7 pm for us Flyover Folks)

Beck Water

29 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

We lost because Josh Reed got called for a very shaky OPI right when the Bills were on the verge of going up 24-16. Ryan Lindell then missed a 28 yard FG. 3:03 mark of the third quarter: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200501020buf.htm. A TD there and they win the game.

Sorry, but i’m not a “blame the ref” guy. It’s lame.

Our QB held the ball for 4+ seconds and literally fumbled INTO THE ARMS of the Pitt defender, who returned it for a Touchdown.

Definitely not blaming the ref after that happened.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Weird.  In McD's presser today he said AJE wouldn't be playing.

I didn't see the press conference but from the reports I saw Hyde was the only one ruled out and AJ himself said he'd likely be a game time decision. 

I am assuming he won't play but the fact that he's saying that and he's questionable makes me think back next week. 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Jones and AJ both being questionable is a huge W. Looks like they'll both be back by NE and than hopefully close to full go for Miami or playoffs.

weird. That shorter practices in full. But is OUT. And kaiir practice in full and is QUESTIONABLE. 

so weird

Just now, Process said:

I didn't see the press conference but from the reports I saw Hyde was the only one ruled out and AJ himself said he'd likely be a game time decision. 

I am assuming he won't play but the fact that he's saying that and he's questionable makes me think back next week. 

McD didn't state it in the beginning like the others.  But when asked specifically about him later he said he didn't expect AJE to play.

1 minute ago, balln said:

weird. That shorter practices in full. But is OUT. And kaiir practice in full and is QUESTIONABLE. 

so weird

The decision on them is if they want to activate them.  And then they we need to make another roster move.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Many of you are too young to remember the 2005 Steelers game. All we needed was a win to make the playoffs; the Bills were on a five-game winning streak. The Steelers had clinched a playoff spot and made it known early in the week they were sitting their starters--which they did--and we still lost 29-24.

Never count your wins before the game is played!

I remember. That team didn’t have 25% of the talent this team does. coaching staff was not as good either. 

Bills 35 Chargers 10

Starters sit in the 4th, again. 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

My guess is Elam is activated from the IR and takes Phillips spot? Shorter won’t be activated so he’s out? 

Germaine Ifedi, Jordan Phillips and Damar Hamlin would open up

spots for Elam (kicking Cam into Corner/Safety #4), DaQuan Jones straight up for Phillips. 

They haven’t put Hyde on IR, so he’s going to give it one last run here. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Poona will take Phillips spot.

Poona is already on the active roster. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sorry, but i’m not a “blame the ref” guy. It’s lame.

Our QB held the ball for 4+ seconds and literally fumbled INTO THE ARMS of the Pitt defender, who returned it for a Touchdown.

Definitely not blaming the ref after that happened.

I get that, but it was a key play. I remember it VIVIDLY. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fred Slacks said:

I know Jordan had a sack last week but I think he has played like butt all season.  Addition by subtraction with him going on IR in my opinion.

Not sure I disagree but they are going to replace him with a a worse player, so not sure how you get the addition part.

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I hadn't heard anything about Phillips being on IR?

EDIT: Apparently he is. That means he's out for the rest of the regular season. Back for playoffs?

Just happened.

I didn’t realize he did either.

24 hours ago it was labeled as a minor surgery and that he would be coming back for the Miami game… to now him not being available until the divisional round of the playoffs.

Almost makes you wonder if the coaching staff doesn’t want him to play.

Edited by Einstein

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just happened.

I didn’t realize he did either.

Not sure how we went from a minor surgery and coming back for the Miami game, to not being available until the divisional round of the playoffs in only 24 hours.

That's what makes me think that Jones is expected to be back sooner than later. If they think he's good to go, then there is no doubt that he's an upgrade.

Just saw Keenan Allen is out. It's very hard to imagine Easton Stick moving the ball on this defense. 

With the travel/short week/chargers potentially playing hard after embarrassing loss, I could see the offense not being as sharp this week. But I have to imagine 15+ points wins you the game. 

With that said I also wouldn't be shocked to see us put up 50.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Just saw Keenan Allen is out. It's very hard to imagine Easton Stick moving the ball on this defense. 

With the travel/short week/chargers potentially playing hard after embarrassing loss, I could see the offense not being as sharp this week. But I have to imagine 15+ points wins you the game. 

With that said I also wouldn't be shocked to see us put up 50.

I can't see the bills losing this game, but we've seen some terrible losses by this team over the years. Reminds me of the bills/jags game a few years back when we lost 9-6, but our o line was decimated for that game. 

Even being pessimistic and anything can happen… bills win big. This is the least concerned I’ve been about a game all season. Bills fighting for playoff spot and weather will be no impact going against chargers who have no home crowd advantage. Most importantly a healthy charger team is above average but they will be playing without QB and WR1 (2 best players they have on offense), WR2 and 1st or 2nd best player on defense (depending where rank bosa). I’m far more concerned about other games that could benefit than the actual bills game itself. Not sure if I ever said that before. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

My guess is Elam is activated from the IR and takes Phillips spot? Shorter won’t be activated so he’s out? 

Why would they activate Elam from IR to take Phillips spot?  Wouldn't it make more sense to activate DaQuan Jones, since they went so far as to list him as "questionable"?

Slightly related question:

Does anyone know the deadlines for practice squad elevation and for declaring inactives, for a Saturday nite game?

Thanks.  I'm thinking they'll elevate Eli Ankou and possibly Fournette.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.