Araiza, accuser agree to dismiss civil lawsuits against each other

Draconator

17 minutes ago, QCity said:

My man nobody is hiring college athletes to babysit their high school daughters 😂

It is a limited genre, to be sure, but if you go behind the curtains in those VHS rental places………. 

….or so I’m told. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Interesting story here. Very interesting the Bills have kept close contact. Leads me to believe those that say he would hold a grudge and not come back if offered are off base.

Thats new info.  Seemed like there was radio silence from the Bills. Good on them.  But he definitely is upset with them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thats new info.  Seemed like there was radio silence from the Bills. Good on them.  But he definitely is upset with them.

I think (and just the way I took the quotes from the article) he's more upset with the circumstances and the way society pressures move like this.

He can't be too upset as it appears he still picks up the phone when they call 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think (and just the way I took the quotes from the article) he's more upset with the circumstances and the way society pressures move like this.

I heard him actually talking in the interview and it seemed this way. It didn't seem like he was upset with us. More the situation and circumstances that forced us to respond as we did. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can someone get me the odds on a player signing with the Bills after he calls them spineless?

He didn't. He's clearly generalizing. 

"“This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it,” Araiza said. “Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

22 hours ago, Simon said:

The two situations are different for a variety of reasons (legally, contractually, etc).

There is nothing they learned from the Araiza situation that has anything to do with the Von Miler situation.

I agree that the Bills didn't "learn anything" from the MA matter, and apply it to the VM matter....but apparently, they definitely have changed their organization's moral standards.

With MA, the Bills very quickly ditched him at the behest of the pitch fork/me too crowd with WAY LESS actual evidence of a despicable act (some young girl's accusation) than what has already come forth in the VM matter (visible bruises on girlfriend, hair pulled out, 911 call, cell phone recording of the incident....all detailed in the police report). Yes, I know that he was a rookie punter, and wasn’t even on the team yet, and yes, I've read the posts that say it would be financial suicide for the Bills to cut VM because of his contract/cap hit, player concerns, etc., but...

The bottom line is that the organization supposedly stands on having strong moral principles. With the latter in mind, they should have already fired VM, or at a minimum, suspended him and told him to stay away from OBD until it all shakes out. Money is the deciding factor here, and that is disappointing and hypocritical.

I'm just amazed at how fast the VM matter has fallen out of the spotlight. And I would have certainly thought that the millions of female Bills fans would be calling for VM's head (like they were for MA) since there is obvious evidence of domestic abuse, and there was NO evidence of rape in the MA case. Go figure.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He didn't. He's clearly generalizing. 

"“This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it,” Araiza said. “Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

When I am upset about my house being a mess I say "People really need to start helping around here."   By people I don't mean other families who I have never been a part of, I mean my family.   He's only been a part of one pro sports team, only one pro sports team has cut him.   He clearly means the Bills whether he is speaking in generalities or not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

When I am upset about my house being a mess I say "People really need to start helping around here."   By people I don't mean other families who I have never been a part of, I mean my family.   He's only been a part of one pro sports team, only one pro sports team has cut him.   He clearly means the Bills whether he is speaking in generalities or not.

Yes. Your dirty ass house is a direct comparison for speaking on matters of societal influence. How stupid of me. Clearly apples to apples. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had said "It's a shame that [this idea that society has] forced the team to cut me..."  Instead he said the Bills didn't stick by him without naming them.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had said "It's a shame that [this idea that society has] forced the team to cut me..."  Instead he said the Bills didn't stick by him without naming them.

That's almost verbatim what he actually said though.

"This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it"

Take action based on what's alleged = forced the team to cut me. 

I'd also argue the point that checking in with him over the last, what 18 19 months is directly showing they are sticking by him.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That's almost verbatim what he actually said though.

"This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it"

Take action based on what's alleged = forced the team to cut me. 

I'd also argue the point that checking in with him over the last, what 18 19 months is directly showing they are sticking by him.

Yes but then he said "Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy."

He's not saying he understands that the pressure forced the Bills to cut him: he said they showed no backbone.

2 hours ago, QCity said:

My man nobody is hiring college athletes to babysit their high school daughters 😂

“Hey Caleb, my high school daughter just broke up with her boyfriend and is super vulnerable. She’s a big fan of yours and we need at night out to work on our marriage. Can you watch her? I’ll buy pizza, $20/ hour, and you can use the Roku. Thanks buddy.”

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What the hell are they  supposed to do? What on rape charges for a punter when they are competing for a SB? That’s insane. 

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

he’s a 23 year old football player… so I wouldn’t hang tooooo hard on every word. 

I think you can read some frustration into the reality that it happened and the bills happened to be the team that did it but I have to imagine he realizes 31 other teams wouldn’t touch him either for the last year and change so it isn’t a Buffalo issue exclusively. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Leads me to believe those that say he would hold a grudge and not come back if offered are off base.

Did you read the full article? Because it definitely sounds like he isn’t happy with the Bills…

“Professional sports teams… should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

Not saying I blame the Bills. Just saying, that article doesn’t sound like he isn’t upset.

Just now, NoSaint said:

he’s a 23 year old football player… so I wouldn’t hang tooooo hard on every word. 

I think you can read some frustration into the reality that it happened and the bills happened to be the team that did it but I have to imagine he realizes 31 other teams wouldn’t touch him either for the last year and change so it isn’t a Buffalo issue exclusively. 

Exactly, we are really splitting hairs here. You can listen to his presser. I'm sure he's pissed at the Bills. But I'm also pretty sure he knows they had no choice and he's pissed at what kind of society allows that to happen. I can't imagine dealing with something like this as an adult, let alone a kid, especially at the stakes he was playing.  

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Exactly, we are really splitting hairs here. You can listen to his presser. I'm sure he's pissed at the Bills. But I'm also pretty sure he knows they had no choice and he's pissed at what kind of society allows that to happen. I can't imagine dealing with something like this as an adult, let alone a kid, especially at the stakes he was playing.  

Agreed. He’s more pissed at social media and those who prejudge without any evidence. We’ve seen many of these false accusations and he’s clearly not happy that someone can just make up sh** and ruin someone’s livelihood.

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Did you read the full article? Because it definitely sounds like he isn’t happy with the Bills…

“Professional sports teams… should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

Not saying I blame the Bills. Just saying, that article doesn’t sound like he isn’t upset.

I did. And I watched the presser. He's speaking here in general terms. More the quick to judge society over the specific nature bof what happened to him and the Bills. He's actually been on record in the past saying he holds no I'll will against Buffalo. If I can find those quotes I'll gladly post them, but they were from another article.

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes but then he said "Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy."

He's not saying he understands that the pressure forced the Bills to cut him: he said they showed no backbone.

He doesn't mention the Bills. You're reading into it. 

What he is on record about when it comes to the Bills can be found in this article with attached interview.

https://fox5sandiego.com/sports/former-sdsu-punter-matt-araiza-speaks-out-after-rape-claims-dismissed/

“I hold nothing against the Buffalo Bills, I wish things were handled differently,” Araiza continued. “But they did treat me with respect, which I appreciate. It’s just the climate of how things are now. Accusations bring so much hate to anyone who stands by the accuser that they were kind of forced to cut me from the team.”

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What the hell are they  supposed to do? What on rape charges for a punter when they are competing for a SB? That’s insane. 

What are you talking about?  I never said the Bills weren't right to cut him.  I'm talking about it from his perspective.

44 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

True 31 other teams wouldn't touch him, but they didn't draft him or get to know him for half a year like the Bills did...and then cut him.  I can see how he feels betrayed by the team thinking they should have known he wasn't capable of doing those things and should have stuck by him (by placing him on a list), and that if they couldn't have his back in that instance, would they ever?  The other teams he doesn't know how they would have reacted.

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why's that? Clearly what he did was 100% fine according to many here. After all, boys will be boys.

Do you think that what she did was 100% fine.  Or does she get a pass because she's "a child"?

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes. Your dirty ass house is a direct comparison for speaking on matters of societal influence. How stupid of me. Clearly apples to apples. 

The argument wasn't about rape vs a messy house genius it was about speaking in generalities to make a point about specific people.   Good thing you used the words "societal influence"  to try and come across intelligent though.  You seem like a real class act.  

I would like to see the Bills get him back but as fast as they dropped him with out even looking into the accusations i don't see why he would even entertain coming back . 

Especially now with what's going on with Von because actions speak a hole lot louder than words in these 2 cases . 

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I did. And I watched the presser. He's speaking here in general terms. More the quick to judge society over the specific nature bof what happened to him and the Bills. He's actually been on record in the past saying he holds no I'll will against Buffalo. If I can find those quotes I'll gladly post them, but they were from another article.

Of course he says he doesn't hold anything against the Bills, no team has been willing to sign him why would he publicly say anything against one of them. If he did end up coming back here it'd feel like he was doing it to prove a point about how the charges had been cleared and the team that cut him took him back.

16 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you don't think having unprotected sex with a wasted minor while you have an STD outside a frathouse makes you a terrible person, I look forward to your mandated door to door visits.

with a child

I love the fact that RTC is posting in this thread

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Of course he says he doesn't hold anything against the Bills, no team has been willing to sign him why would he publicly say anything against one of them. If he did end up coming back here it'd feel like he was doing it to prove a point about how the charges had been cleared and the team that cut him took him back.

I try not to read too much into these situations and try to keep to the facts and take words at face value. Sometimes that's the way to go and others, not so much. 

If I were to read into this whole situation between him and the Bills as a team, I would come to the conclusion that he doesn't have any issues with the Bills. Putting aside his direct statement it seems his issue has always been more in the face of "woke culture". That's been his consistent theme. He's also been in contact with team officials several times and if he held a grudge could have just as easily said "yeah, thanks but I'll make it without ya". Reading into it (which again, I hate to do) it feels to me like when he was cut there was a fair amount of "we don't want to do this but...." Talk from the Bills side. Wouldn't shock me at all if there wasn't a bit of a "get this worked out and if we have a spot you can come on back to work" type parting. Would not shock me in the least at this point to see him signed as a "futures" at the end of the season. They've kept contact for a reason...and we do have a need for next year 

If it wasn’t for holding for kicks I would bet the Bills would try to bring him back ASAP. You just can’t afford to have a kicker adjusting to a new holder with the situation the Bills are currently in. 

Hopefully this off-season but, whatever. He’s a punter. They’ll find someone.

17 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you don't think having unprotected sex with a wasted minor while you have an STD outside a frathouse makes you a terrible person, I look forward to your mandated door to door visits.

with a child

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sir Lancelot!

john-cleese-filming-british-comedy-film-

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.