Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

Right, and you're willing to get a super bowl by any means necessary, even if that is standing in the square of a public flogging throwing rotten vegetables.

I think probably you should back away from the keyboard because you are becoming more and more unhinged.

Every single person wanted the Bills to win a Super Bowl when McDermott was hired.. 99% of us still want that.

I have no idea what you are reading into any post to think otherwise.

The article for the most part just puts into print what many of us have been voicing for a while and some stories that none of us had heard before.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

If you only judged bill belichick off his press conferences, you'd probably come to the conclusion that he was a insecure douche bag loser also.  The idea that press conferences reflect the success of day to day operations of an NFL team is the problem. I get it, that's all fans have to cling to and dopa-hits from posting on social media and having your opinions validated feels good. But it still doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's media, it's embellished and twisted and slanted and manipulated, in both directions 

So you would take Bill if he craps himself late in games and can’t win anything past the regular season? He’s like the anti McD as far as results. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you read later posts my opinion is NOT only based on press conferences. I know a lot of people at OBD. I don’t know anyone at the Pats (at least at the moment). One of my closest friends played for BB for 6 seasons. A lot of my BB opinions are from what he has told me. He liked him a lot. 

I think we all know that 99% of Dunne’s sources are Whaley/Monos guys.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I thought McDs presser was genuine and from the heart. I don't think he's fake at all. That perspective baffles me. He was noticably distressed in his eyes. 

I think it's fair to critique McD. There's been some issues over the years. But there's also been high positives. As I said, I'm not at all happy w how the Von Miller situation is being handled. 

Well, if you read the piece, and based on your comments above it would seem that you didn't, what you said would make a ton of sense in perspective.  

Read it.  What you say will make a ton of sense in the proper context.  

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

“Throwing him under the bus” and “justified firing” aren’t really congruent things for me.

When someone sucks, and you fire them, it isn’t some last ditch effort to pass the buck to someone else.

Bills are 6-6 now with Dorsey's replacement.  Is Brady next to go?

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

So you would take Bill if he craps himself late in games and can’t win anything past the regular season? He’s like the anti McD as far as results. 

Believe it or not, I can think you guys put way too much stock in the media and overreact AND agree McD has sucked late in games AND think that he's a hell of a lot more accomplished than 90 percent of NFL coaches and be willing to support him to work through our current situation.

The social media police can't even do anything about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills are 6-6 now with Dorsey's replacement.  Is Brady next to go?

It's interesting that you say that, there's still a third of the season to go.  This whole thing is far from over.  

Bet big money that much more comes to light between now and shortly after the season ends.  

My big thing at the moment for those claiming "hit piece," is where are all of the offensive players, particularly Allen & Diggs, defending McD independently and not in a group statement.  That silence is deafening.  

Seems that what's really occurring is that much that has been hidden is being exposed, not only via Dunne's piece.  

Here's the thing, McD can gracefully acknowledge his shortcomings and go more with the flow, or what's forthcoming is going to happen.  A huge part of the problem is that he doesn't understand many of these interactions.  

At the rate this is going he's making hiring him after this far more difficult on himself.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve spent my 20 year-career reading people. It isn’t necessarily the words that they say, it’s body language, tone, intent, cadence, confidence, etc… Authenticity is one of the most important qualities in a person. He lacks that. 

McDermott always felt like a bit of a fraud to me. He seemed like that friend’s dad that you didn’t really like growing up. He felt like he’d be nice to your face but deep down didn’t want you around his kid. One of the least surprising things about this article was the part about him being annoyed that the WRs bought Chad Hall that truck. That feels “on brand.” This isn’t meant to be a comparison but do you think Mike McDaniel would care if his WRs bought their coach a truck? That guy feels REAL. That’s not meant to say “McDanel = good and McDermott = bad.” I think that we’d all agree that McDaniel feels more authentic than McDermott. 

I do not think that McDermott was “admiring” the terrorists. He isn’t evil. He’s just fake. I think that he poorly chose his words. He has spent the last half-dozen years trying to keep things tight within OBD. I believe that he believes that’s what’s best for the team. I also believe that it’s because he doesn’t want all of “the truths” out there. It’s a little of that too. 

I don’t want him gone because he said something stupid in 2019. I want him gone because isn’t the guy to take this team across the finish line IMO. 

Well said by a well respected poster!!

👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It's interesting that you say that, there's still a third of the season to go.  This whole thing is far from over.  

Bet big money that much more comes to light between now and shortly after the season ends.  

My big thing at the moment for those claiming "hit piece," is where are all of the offensive players, particularly Allen & Diggs, defending McD independently and not in a group statement.  That silence is deafening.  

Seems that what's really occurring is that much that has been hidden is being exposed, not only via Dunne's piece.  

Here's the thing, McD can gracefully acknowledge his shortcomings and go more with the flow, or what's forthcoming is going to happen.  A huge part of the problem is that he doesn't understand many of these interactions.  

Well Hyde supports him!!!!  Yes interesting that not one player on offense has said anything.

Diggs has been in a snit all season and I haven't read a single post in those threads, but how many there "Blamed McD"?

Again if there is no playoffs sure we'll hear a lot more, but I said from day one that Dorsey I'm 100% sure had to do things on O McD's way and that was an issue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Use whatever means possible to get him fired...Tyler Dunne, is that you?!

Of all the sports, fan support matters by far the least in the nfl... very few home games and the vast majority of the money comes from the TV deals and league wide revenue sharing.

I could see ticket sales being important for cash flow stuff, but the Pegulas seem to have plenty of liquid money that they can fund the cash flow until the league wide dispersments are paid, and for all we know they might not mind operating at a loss because it helps offset gains elsewhere.

Now other sports with regional TV deals and 41 or 81 home games and much more limited league wide revenue sharing, sure, but not the NFL.

Also, how do you know that Pegula isn't fully supportive of and wants coaches that have boundaries between player and coach? 

If you're not winning with one of the two or three greatest quarterbacks on the planet and sources close to the owner come out and say there's no chance the head coach is fired then ***** is going to get ugly. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

There isn't a single billionaire on the planet Earth who doesn't mind "operating at a loss". Not a one.

Some of you all are reaching 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well Hyde supports him!!!!  Yes interesting that not one player on offense has said anything.

Diggs has been in a snit all season and I haven't read a single post in those threads, but how many there "Blamed McD"?

Again if there is no playoffs sure we'll hear a lot more, but I said from day one that Dorsey I'm 100% sure had to do things on O McD's way and that was an issue.

Pretty sure you are wrong on the offense players not supporting.  

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/sean-mcdermott-says-support-from-bills-players-was-clear-and-much-appreciated/article_ce393a6c-95ee-11ee-8ef2-cf6d8ef748f6.html

some of you all are reaching so hard surprised you still have arms attached. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

Right, and you're willing to get a super bowl by any means necessary, even if that is standing in the square of a public flogging throwing rotten vegetables.

Man, he might have to leave the industry and get a menial labor job in rural America. I don't know how he's going to show his face after this one. What a travesty, there is going to be a lot of prayer and character building. 🙄

11 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

McDermott sounded broken down and clearly hurt. Watching his press conference you could see this is really hitting him hard. I felt bad for him. 

That's exactly what he wants. Now when they miss the playoffs he can tell Pegula and the contingent of emotional fans that it was Tyler Dunne's fault and they'll likely buy it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/sean-mcdermott-says-support-from-bills-players-was-clear-and-much-appreciated/article_ce393a6c-95ee-11ee-8ef2-cf6d8ef748f6.html

Where is anybody commenting in this article that is relevant offensively?  Have you heard from Josh or Diggs or Knox or Morse or Gabe? 

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think it’s likely that he’s back. 

It’s going to make being a Bills fan insufferable in places like Twitter.  TBH, I’m on the fence about McDermott.  I think the concerns about the end of games are valid.  I also think that because people don’t have confidence in him they’ll grasp at anything negative and assign blame to McDermott.  

An example as evidenced here is the dude who said every bad draft pick was McDermott and every good one was Beane.  Or how Dorsey’s shortcomings as an OC, which have been well documented, were all on McDermott under the “he’s the head coach” cop out.  While Dorsey was a lackluster hire, no one was a bigger proponent than Josh Allen.  The hire, although a bad one in hindsight, made a lot of sense.  

I felt Dunne went a step further in his article with the negative personal stories from the Quinton Spain’s of the world.   Which of course those people read and are “See…see…”

As long as people are fair, I don’t have a problem with the McDermott criticism.  Many of us have it as well.  I think there always has been a strong emphasis on defense… I would love to see the inverse of that.  

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

If you only judged bill belichick off his press conferences, you'd probably come to the conclusion that he was a insecure douche bag loser also.  The idea that press conferences reflect the success of day to day operations of an NFL team is the problem. I get it, that's all fans have to cling to and dopa-hits from posting on social media and having your opinions validated feels good. But it still doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's media, it's embellished and twisted and slanted and manipulated, in both directions 

I think the similarities are actually pretty good. Old school defensive thinking coaches who surround themselves with yesmen. Neither reportedly seem to handle differences in opinion well. Even the player preferences seem similar. 

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Where is anybody commenting in this article that is relevant offensively?  Have you heard from Josh or Diggs or Knox or Morse or Gabe? 

They weren’t asked about McDermott specifically during the media access this week, as the article came out on the same day. I’m guessing it will happen Sunday or next week?  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

The title of that piece alone corroborates what's being said about him.  The content of it does nothing to alter it.  It's not a strong defense piece.  

Again, did you actually read the piece?  If not I'd encourage you to do so.  It will explain that piece to you.  McD coming out and saying that all the players have defended him [behind closed doors] is a whole helluva lot different than Allen, Diggs, and a bunch of offensive players independently making public statements.  

The reality is that that piece actually reinforces what's in Dunne's piece, in spades in fact.  

If you haven't read it, drop the $8 and read it, it will be worth the much time it takes to read it.  

11 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

Behind paywall, but just googled and ESPN has Sherfield quoted (7 catches 53 yards on the season).  

I guess that counts as Offense.

BTW I am sure 100% will say they are behind him, because they do want to win tomorrow.  That is what the team should say and do.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

If that article is the best example of players supporting McD, then McD is sunk. And all this article talks about is McD again addressing his 9/11 speech with the team.

A few players noted that McDermott did not go into elaborate detail on the 2019 comments, but he did open the floor for any questions at the end. At that point, Hyde took the floor to speak in support of McDermott, players said.

Ok, so Hyde, which we already knew. Let's see what the Offensive players have to say in pouring out support and love for their coach...

“I just know that we had a team meeting, we kind of talked about it. He didn’t go into detail of what he said, but at the end of the day, for me, personally, I know who Sean is,” said wide receiver Trent Sherfield Sr., who joined the Bills in March. “I know what whatever was said or whatever was said in detail, that I don’t believe any ounce of that was him supporting that, what happened on 9/11.”

Nothing major from Sherfield there other than stating the obvious. We know McD doesnt support terrorism.

How about from the rook...

“From my perspective, it was just kind of him letting us know as a team how he feels about us, and how he feels about his job and how much he cares about us,” rookie lineman O’Cyrus Torrence said. “He just kind of opened up to us a little bit and didn’t go into much detail, but like I said, I wasn’t here (in 2019), so I can’t really depart much of what he said, since I was kind of in the dark about it.”

Hmm, how about from the vet Latavius Murray...

“I think, like, for the guys that weren’t here, and you just read about it, that’s one thing, so you make up your own conclusions,” Murray said. “So yeah, I think he did the right thing because it got brought back up, so if guys who weren’t here, to communicate like he did back then, I think just communicate again to the guys who were here, I get it. I understand it. By doing that, yeah, OK, I’m aware of whatever happened. I still trust you, I still believe in the guy that I know.”

Ok, so a whole lot of talking about McD again addressing the speech from 2019. But not a single quote about how wrong the article is, and nothing about it misrepresenting McD or how the players feel.

Maybe they just weren't asked the right question. But I've had great bosses/leaders and if something like this came out about them, I would be front and center to whoever would listen railing against the BS.

Reid Ferguson had the most supportive quote

“I thought coach did a good job, just trying to get everybody on the same page,” Ferguson said of the meeting. “And we – the guys that have been here, the guys that have gone through the ups and downs as a team, the guys that have signed extensions to continue playing here – those guys know what he’s all about and know the accountability that he takes. And we take that seriously.”

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

It’s going to make being a Bills fan insufferable in places like Twitter.  TBH, I’m on the fence about McDermott.  I think the concerns about the end of games are valid.  I also think that because people don’t have confidence in him they’ll grasp at anything negative and assign blame to McDermott.  

An example as evidenced here is the dude who said every bad draft pick was McDermott and every good one was Beane.  Or how Dorsey’s shortcomings as an OC, which have been well documented, were all on McDermott under the “he’s the head coach” cop out.  While Dorsey was a lackluster hire, no one was a bigger proponent than Josh Allen.  The hire, although a bad one in hindsight, made a lot of sense.  

I felt Dunne went a step further in his article with the negative personal stories from the Quinton Spain’s of the world.   Which of course those people read and are “See…see…”

As long as people are fair, I don’t have a problem with the McDermott criticism.  Many of us have it as well.  I think there always has been a strong emphasis on defense… I would love to see the inverse of that.  

This is spot on!

People will create whatever narrative best fits their perspective. It isn’t that one is necessarily right or wrong, it’s the hyperbole and extremes that people use to emphasize that point that are annoying. 

It’s a little like that with Josh on Twitter too. The difference is the people on the negative side don’t have much more than “he has a lot of turnovers.” There are so many counters based on TD: turnover. Anyone informed can pretty easily embarrass the “anti-Josh crowd.”

The McDermott one is much tougher. You can make a strong case on both sides. I fall to the “he was the right guy to build a program but the wrong guy to win a championship” side. That isn’t necessarily right or wrong. If you said “he is killing them,” you could make that argument easily. If you say, he’s the best coach since Marv, you could easily make that argument as well. You’re seeing it within this thread.

• Like (+1) 4

52 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I thought McDs presser was genuine and from the heart. I don't think he's fake at all. That perspective baffles me. He was noticably distressed in his eyes. 

I think it's fair to critique McD. There's been some issues over the years. But there's also been high positives. As I said, I'm not at all happy w how the Von Miller situation is being handled. 

Again, Dunne was very much a product and ally of the former Whaley regime. There was also likely some serious offense he perceives from McD that prematurely ended or derailed his legit media career. This is my speculation at least. I think he's very biased and dedicated to bring down McD. 

Dunne addressed the credentials thing. He says it's the Bills' prerogative and he understands.

Can I give you an assignment? Can you go out and talk with 25 people who have worked directly with Ty Dunne and report back? Because then you'd be on par with the work he did her. You are correct -- you are speculating from an emotional, uninformed perspective.

Wow, they got Trent Sherfield to stick up for him. 

Sherfield didn’t witness McDermott making the same mistakes since 2019… letting teams come back on us by coaching scared. 

Forget his speech making.

The guy is a mess as a coach. We loses games we should win. Over and over. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Part 4 and 5 will be posted on Monday should the Bills lose

Right after the entire offensive unit led by Allen & Diggs make independent statements of support for him.  

Anyone rooted in logic would question why that hasn't happened already.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If that article is the best example of players supporting McD, then McD is sunk. And all this article talks about is McD again addressing his 9/11 speech with the team.

Ok, so Hyde, which we already knew. Let's see what the Offensive players have to say in pouring out support and love for their coach...

Nothing major from Sherfield there other than stating the obvious. We know McD doesnt support terrorism.

How about from the rook...

Hmm, how about from the vet Latavius Murray...

Ok, so a whole lot of talking about McD again addressing the speech from 2019. But not a single quote about how wrong the article is, and nothing about it misrepresenting McD or how the players feel.

Maybe they just weren't asked the right question. But I've had great bosses/leaders and if something like this came out about them, I would be front and center to whoever would listen railing against the BS.

Reid Ferguson had the most supportive quote

maybe…. The players don’t give a s*** about something that was said 4 years ago and think it is stupid they are being asked about it and just say no comment.   

but sure keep reaching

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say here. I don't know Dunne from a whole in the wall.  I just have seen people like Tim Graham and such give him respect.  Yes, he may be as you say a tabloid peddler but I like reading that stuff as long as what is written is not made up.  I have no reason to believe any of his sources are fake.  I have no reason to believe anything his sources said was a lie and I have no reason to believe he inaccurately quoted his sources.  Some stuff in the article was his perception or take on the comments to paint a story, but I am intelligent enough to see opinion from the rest and I take it as such and make up my own mind.

I like reading that stuff because I like to know.  There are always secrets behind what really happens.  Not enough people report on that stuff.  I hear stat stuff and BS Josh Allen sucks talks everywhere.  I don't care to hear it all the time.  I mean, who didn't want to know what really happened with "i wasn't privy to that conversation" or things like who really took charge in that draft or when did they know they were going to fire Whaley.  Was it because of that?  Was it because McD didn't like him?  There are all kinds of things I would have liked to know from past regimes that people just speculate about.  Now we get real information and all people want to do is discredit it act as if it's all fake and all bs and just a witch hunt or something.  Why?  Because they are too scared that McD will get fired and we will end up like the Sabres.

What the Pegulas do with all this is their business.  Personally, I do not think McD is the right coach.  I think that he pisses his pants in key moments.  Something that Dunne tries to get across and pretty much outright says in the article, but I have thought that since 13 seconds.  The article had nothing to do with it.  I also think McD is a good football coach and everything he does is to try and get this team to win a championship.  I don't think anything he does has ill will and I have no reason to believe he is a bad guy.  I just think that "his way" is the wrong way.  This article pointed out to me more of the "his way" stuff that I didn't even know about. I believe every word of it.  Doesn't change anything for me really.  Just gives me more insight into his coaching. 

Ultimately, while I think McD is a good coach, I don't think he is a good enough coach.  As the article paints a picture of... this team is only going to win a championship if it overcomes the head coach.  I firmly believe that and I believed that before the article.  It's too hard to win a championship like that.  You already have to overcome injuries, referees sometimes, the way the ball bounces, luck, facing teams that are either better than you or at least on par with you.  It takes too much to win a championship if you have to overcome the HC. 

13 seconds is on Sean McDermott.  He has shown nothing since then that he learned from it.  In fact we have lost games in the same fashion from the same coaching style.  This is why I think he needs to go.  Not because of the article or anything in it.  Simply because I believe he isn't good enough and hasn't learned from that.  He still craps his pants.  He still folds in big moments.  This is why he takes timeouts at the end of the game defensively. Just kneeling the ball with Josh Allen and 20 secs against the best team in the league is enough to show me he hasn't learned a damn thing. It showed he is still coaching scared.  Instead of looking at what Josh could do in 20 seconds to win a game, he thought about what could lose the game.  I don't want a coach like that.  I want a coach that sees he has one of the best and most gifted QBs to ever play in the NFL, hands him the ball and says go win this football game.  Too many people are afraid that we will go back to being a crap team by hiring a worse coach.  As long as Josh Allen is here, it won't get worse.  Josh Allen is what is carrying this team, not Sean McDermott.

Anybody that disagrees with any of that, I respect that but this is my opinion on it.

Great post, Scott. Perfectly stated, I agree with everything 100%.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

Sherfield didn’t witness McDermott making the same mistakes since 2019… letting teams come back on us by coaching scared. 

Sherfield's brownnosing, clearly.  

Talk about ex-players with a grievance.  He'll be among them soon.  I wonder is his perspective will change at that point.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

maybe…. The players don’t give a s*** about something that was said 4 years ago and think it is stupid they are being asked about it and just say no comment.   

but sure keep reaching

Right. So why is the only thing the players are talking about that dumb 9/11 speech?

If I was a player, and I loved/liked/respected McD, and a mic was put in front of my face yesterday, I would have given my guy a vote of confidence and called out the article as BS. Or at least given my own opposing anecdote.

No one did except Micah Hyde.

Not a single other player, let alone a team leader like Josh, has come out and said the perception of McD stated in that article is wrong and that they love and support their guy.

5 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Sherfield's brownnosing, clearly.  

Talk about ex-players with a grievance.  He'll be among them soon.  I wonder is his perspective will change at that point.  

I wouldnt call Sherfield's quote sticking up for McD. He just stated they had a meeting about the old speech and no one cares. No duh.

It would be different if Sherfield said something like "The way they are trying to portray Coach in the media doesnt represent what I've seen at all." Or anything close to that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Right. So why is the only thing the players are talking about that dumb 9/11 speech?

If I was a player, and I loved/liked/respected McD, and a mic was put in front of my face yesterday, I would have given my guy a vote of confidence and called out the article as BS. Or at least given my own opposing anecdote.

No one did except Micah Hyde.

Not a single other player, let alone a team leader like Josh, has come out and said the perception of McD stated in that article is wrong and that they love and support their guy.

I wouldnt call Sherfield's quote sticking up for McD. He just stated they had a meeting about the old speech and no one cares. No duh.

It would be different if Sherfield said something like "The way they are trying to portray Coach in the media doesnt represent what I've seen at all." Or anything close to that.

Well good luck trying to prove yourself right 

be careful up there, falling from that high horse might hurt. 

Why did Chad Hall take a lateral move? 

Why did Leslie Frazier step down? 

Its not like this article is without smoke surrounding it. It seems pretty obvious to me at this point Frazier knew what was going to happen if he stayed and he just beat them to the punch and in hindsight yes, that would appear like McD passing the buck as his defense has regressed since his departure.

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, perhaps not directly, but he's the only offensive player that openly went on record, indirectly then.  

Way too much of this 9/11 thing is being made in this.  Sure, it was a glaring lack of judgement and gauche to be sure, but that's just a small fraction of far more relevant content in that series by Dunne.  

Agree with you however! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KellyToTasker said:

Oh hey Tyler. 

Oh, hey, guy who didn't read the piece, who thinks his zero hours working in journalism and thinks that qualifies him to comment on the quality of reporting.

Can I come down to your workplace and comment on how biased and poor you are at your job, without really knowing what performance means in your job? Because yOu ArE BIAsEd anD haVe An aXe tO GRiNd?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

We will know how the players feel when we see who shows up this Sunday

And depending the outcome of the season.  If we miss the playoffs much less finish with a losing record, and nothing should be unimaginable by now for us Bills fans, expect much to surface.  

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Why did Chad Hall take a lateral move? 

Why did Leslie Frazier step down? 

Its not like this article is without smoke surrounding it. It seems pretty obvious to me at this point Frazier knew what was going to happen if he stayed and he just beat them to the punch and in hindsight yes, that would appear like McD passing the buck as his defense has regressed since his departure.

McD's defense looked better than Frazier's with Jones, Milano, and White in there healthy.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Even if they won just one game (pick Jets, Denver, NE or Philly all lost in the last two minutes or OT), never mind Jax or Cincy & the Bills are in much better shape. 

I agree but winning 2 of those 3 games against Pats/Jets and Broncos and they are lined up to win the division in a season where there is no Joe Burrow or any dominant team.  We could easily see the Jags or Dolphins in the Super Bowl this year. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.