QB School Analysis of JA week 11

AlfaBill

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
  • AlfaBill changed the title to QB School Analysis of JA week 11
19 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

1 INT, no fumbles in 59 drop backs… in the rain on the road lol.

That’s amazing ball security considering those circumstances

And the INT wasn't an awful play either, just a great play by the corner in the end. He completed a similar contested ball to Diggs for a touchdown. That was what I would consider a true gun slinger kind of pick. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ja17 has 210 total tds and 95 turnovers in 89 games. 
throw in another 18 tds and 5 TOs (including receiving) in the playoffs. 

ya he’s a machine all right, a touchdown machine. 

6 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Got the ball first in OT. TD would’ve ended the game.

What’s your point?

44 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

1 INT, no fumbles in 59 drop backs… in the rain on the road lol.

That’s amazing ball security considering those circumstances

But but but he threw a pick he must be a turnover machine because espn said so. 

some peoples kids 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

I will watch it. Still pissed he threw that pick to Bradbury.  

Eagles' CB Darius Slay said it best "He threw the ball 51 times, he is going to throw an INT at some point, it's just going to happen.  He was out there doing his thing, I don't get what people are complaining about the turnover for."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Someone send this to Gabe Davis and tell him to get his Sugar Honey Ice Tea together!

Not sure how this guy can point out all game how Davis isn’t running tight routes or clean routes and then put the last OT throw on Josh!   Looked to me if Davis runs up the field straight he takes both guys with him and possibly run past them to where Josh put the ball.  

Anyway I thought Josh was amazing but I realize after watching this that that is a massive understatement!!

Friggin team blowing performances like this….damn.  

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Dude thanks for posting.  Never heard of this before and enjoyed it.  Not sure I have 45 minutes to watch break down of other teams and guys but this was great!   

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Got the ball first in OT. TD would’ve ended the game.

8 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

There’s a reason he’s 0-6 in OT.

Yeah and he scored a TD before the end of regulation that should’ve won it too…or does that not fit your narrative here?

He gave the Bills the lead TWICE on his last 2 possessions, it’s weird that people want to pin the loss on him

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

Someone send this to Gabe Davis and tell him to get his Sugar Honey Ice Tea together!

Not sure how this guy can point out all game how Davis isn’t running tight routes or clean routes and then put the last OT throw on Josh!   Looked to me if Davis runs up the field straight he takes both guys with him and possibly run past them to where Josh put the ball.  

Anyway I thought Josh was amazing but I realize after watching this that that is a massive understatement!!

Dude thanks for posting.  Never heard of this before and enjoyed it.  Not sure I have 45 minutes to watch break down of other teams and guys but this was great!   

Ya he does a great job

4 minutes ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

Yes JT does a great job and knows his stuff being a former NFL QB. He does these every week and covers Josh a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

He was critical of the out pass to Kincaid seemed to imply Allen had two other throws (Diggs or Shakir) to get a better shot at the first down. The sequence of route progression is key. Either way a short throw to Kincaid and of course McDermott wasn’t going for it on 4th down. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yeah and he scored a TD before the end of regulation that should’ve won it too…or does that not fit your narrative here?

He gave the Bills the lead TWICE on his last 2 possessions, it’s weird that people want to pin the loss on him

He played phenomenally. But it wasn’t enough. He could’ve did a little more to secure a win. Elite QBs score TDs in OT when they get the ball first in most cases. Allen is certainly elite. But he hasn’t shown the ability to do this. That’s all I’m saying. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Luka said:

And the INT wasn't an awful play either, just a great play by the corner in the end. He completed a similar contested ball to Diggs for a touchdown. That was what I would consider a true gun slinger kind of pick. 

One theme was that JT hated throwing a wet ball and was amazed that Josh showed no signs of struggling with the rain.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

He played phenomenally. But it wasn’t enough. He could’ve did a little more to secure a win. Elite QBs score TDs in OT when they get the ball first in most cases. Allen is certainly elite. But he hasn’t shown the ability to do this. That’s all I’m saying. 

Do we have statistics to show elite QBs score TDs at a higher rate than average or is this a qualitative statement?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is a team sport and there is plenty of blame to go around.  The net is that the Bills have not this season, played up to the strength of their QB or roster.  They now sit in a position where missing the playoffs is a very real probable outcome.  

It’s an absolutely abysmal outcome for a season that could have been much better.

7 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Do we have statistics to show elite QBs score TDs at a higher rate than average or is this a qualitative statement?

I compare Allen to only 1 other active qb and that’s Mahomes. Think Allen is better than everyone else. There’s no need to dig into statistics. Just use your eyes watching them play. Mahomes with 13sec tied us in regulation. Got the ball first in OT and scored to end the game. Allen needs to learn how to do that. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I compare Allen to only 1 other active qb and that’s Mahomes. Think Allen is better than everyone else. There’s no need to dig into statistics. Just use your eyes watching them play. Mahomes with 13sec tied us in regulation. Got the ball first in OT and scored to end the game. Allen needs to learn how to do that. 

13 sec IMO was more the work of Kelce who changed the route and told Mahomes he was changing it because of what he saw in the defense... pretty easy throw and catch once he was told what to do.

I am not saying Mahomes isnt the best, I am just stating in this instance

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Ya he does a great job

Yes JT does a great job and knows his stuff being a former NFL QB. He does these every week and covers Josh a lot. 

Not as much as other QB’s though.  He doesn’t have an Allen section on his channel which implies he was not a fan of him and probably one of those who thought Allen would be a bust in the pros.  

On 11/30/2023 at 7:55 PM, AlfaBill said:

Who cares about a pick? Did he leave the field with a lead late in the game? In OT? He played great. 

I care about a pick, particularly because it was on Allen and flipped momentum late in the game.

And yes, Allen left the field in OT with the lead - after another bizarre miscommunication - and handed the game back to his defense. Hurts ensured the game-winning TD.

Overall, Allen had a great game. But there continues to be that nagging undercurrent allowing big stats and flash plays but without actual success.

• Vomit 1

31 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I care about a pick, particularly because it was on Allen and flipped momentum late in the game.

And yes, Allen left the field in OT with the lead - after another bizarre miscommunication - and handed the game back to his defense. Hurts ensured the game-winning TD.

Overall, Allen had a great game. But there continues to be that nagging undercurrent allowing big stats and flash plays but without actual success.

Did it really flip momentum though?

Even if bills punted, eagles were scoring from wherever they were on the field.

their own 10, 25, or the bills 30. It didn’t matter 

Bills defence had absolutely no answer in the 2nd half/overtime and the only way for the bills to win was for Josh to be perfect. That’s a pretty unrealistic expectation to have 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Momentum in the game was flipped when the Eagles marched down the field to score a TD in response to the Bills having gone up 24 - 14 late in the 3rd quarter. That got the Eagles crowd & D fired up. If you look back over this season and last season this has been a common refrain from the McD D - allow a team to score a TD at critical points in a game to either grab momentum, take momentum back or win the game.

And for the record Allen left the field TWICE with the lead at the end of the game and BOTH times the D could not hold.

The nagging undercurrent you throw out is the FACT that beyond Allen & Diggs the Bills don't have much in the way of clutch play makers on offense.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yes if Davis ran the correct route

Did you even watch the video here? Davis DID run the right route. The guy doing analysis here, and the video, makes that clear. And even a HS QB could see that the CB had inside leverage on Davis, so Davis' best option was to go left, AWAY from the CB, which he did. JA17 made the wrong decision. Like everybody says with JA, you gotta take the bad with the good, and this was a bad.

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Did you even watch the video here? Davis DID run the right route. The guy doing analysis here, and the video, makes that clear. And even a HS QB could see that the CB had inside leverage on Davis, so Davis' best option was to go left, AWAY from the CB, which he did. JA17 made the wrong decision. Like everybody says with JA, you gotta take the bad with the good, and this was a bad.

and yet an NFL QB said Davis ran the wrong route.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.