Sources say ZERO PERCENT chance McD is fired

Brand J

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I do see the reasoning, with the way the offense has turned around with the OC change, the injuries to key players on defense. But at the same time his decision making and along with decisions on when the offense should switch to burning clock and that god awful prevent defense that never does *****, it's wearing pretty ***** thin. This year we just have a record that makes it obvious.

I do agree with this.  I really hope McD steps down from DC for the rest of this year, then depending how it goes, either keep the change or bring in fresh blood.  

Pegula will change his tune if and when Josh Allen ever requests a trade or expresses any other dissatisfaction with how the organization is run.   I really don't want #17 to end up being the Dan Marino of the modern era, all due to late game coaching blunders.   Josh Allen is buffalo.  He sells the tickets that make Pegula all that money.   In the end, his sway should supersede that of McD or even Beane.

Edited by Lost
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

lol mediocrity hell? 

Yeah. Been a fan for decades now, want a superbowl win and it isn't happening with the HC we have now.  I don't give a damn about anything else.  This team is regressing, McDermott can't coach against a 2 min offense to save his ***and there is zero debate on this.

35 minutes ago, alluro said:

As it should be. 35 consecutive regular season games of losing by one score or less. We are always in these contests. The next closest coach has like 13. 

I guess if the goal every year is to be relevant, sniff the playoffs or lose in the first or second due to poor coaching decisions, then I would say yes he is our man. If the goal is to regularly compete in afc championship games and super bowls, sadly he is not the answer.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah. Been a fan for decades now, want a superbowl win and it isn't happening with the HC we have now.  I don't give a damn about anything else.  This team is regressing, McDermott can't coach against a 2 min offense to save his ***and there is zero debate on this.

Sweet me too. We haven’t been In mediocrity hell though. 

38 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Agreed, it’ll take the players going into Terry to voice their concerns in order for it to happen. I’m not sure how well McD is regarded in the locker room. There was a poll a short while ago of coaches players would love to play for and he didn’t get a single vote, not that it matters a ton, but it was interesting. 

I think that the players being off team McD would be influential and also the media could cause shame if the proper storylines catch hold - we will see 

Just now, <bills4life> said:

I guess if the goal every year is to be relevant, sniff the playoffs or lose in the first or second due to poor coaching decisions, then I would say yes he is our man. If the goal is to regularly compete in afc championship games and super bowls, sadly he is not the answer.

And you realize, then, that the only coaching answers are AR and BB? Because they’ve been the only coaches to consistently get there? 

I get McD isn’t perfect, and may never win a SB even with an elite QB. Shoot, it may take lighting in a bottle to get one, but fans complaints also explain 99% of the coaches out there. 

I get we likely need to move on, but this mindset that he is easily replaceable is baffling to me. 

1 minute ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Being short sighted is keeping Micky D because of Josh Allen's success.  But that's on the fan base to figure out.  Pegula is content with making money, winning is secondary to him.  

As evident to…?

42 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not really gung-ho on firing vs. keeping McD either way, but I do think he inarguably has a built-in excuse in the multiple significant injuries.

Injuries are not an excuse. 

We are 12 weeks into the season and our QB, RB1, WR1, WR2, WR3 and ALL FIVE of our starting o lineman have not missed a SINGLE GAME. 

Do you realize how crazy that is?

Not making the playoffs this year would be a complete failure and year 3 in a row of regression. 

To hear there is "zero" chance he gets fired, regardless of how the season ends, has to just suck the life out of you as a fan. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Injuries are not an excuse. 

We are 12 weeks into the season and our QB, RB1, WR1, WR2, WR3 and ALL FIVE of our starting o lineman have not missed a SINGLE GAME. 

Do you realize how crazy that is?

Not making the playoffs this year would be a complete failure and year 3 in a row of regression. 

To hear there is "zero" chance he gets fired, regardless of how the season ends, has to just suck the life out of you as a fan. 

It’s just someone’s opinion.

49 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

From an article in the Athletic:

Welp.

Sources close to T Pegula speak

I have honestly always doubted he would get fired either. Maybe if he lost out the rest of the way, but I don't think Pegula pulls the plug this year.  I do feel if it's a question that he should be fired that this is the year to do it because they need to retool so it's good for a new coach to do that, but I don't think he is getting canned.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

Wonder if it's starting to weigh on the players too...

Go back to 2021 playoffs and imagine being Josh Allen or Stefon Diggs or even Gabe Davis at that point.   You played to absolute perfection and it still wasn't good enough thanks to McD.  Now the same mistakes happening all over again.   It has to be eating away at those guys.   Probably why Stef doesn't seem himself this year and why Gabe has regressed some.  

49 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I believe this a lot more than Florio shooting from the hip.

I think this team would have to endure a colossal melt-down in the locker room and on the field the final 5 games in order for any coaching change to be considered

Yeah, I don't buy it. Personally I think the locker room has already been lost.  Brady helped the offense but this team is still in cap hell. I've said 1000x McDermott is not the type of HC capable of winning a SB.  Let alone getting to one.  If Terry wants continuity whatever?  Good luck selling PSL's.

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

As evident to…?

Have the Bills won the super bowl?  

Have the Bills won the AFC?  

Are they heading in the right direction?

You can certainly be content with Micky D if your goal is to compete for a divisional round appearance.  That just also happens to mean wasting Josh Allen's career.  If you want evidence go ask Jack Eichel.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

This may be the prevailing view right now, but things can change a lot over five games.  Missing the playoffs combined with more embarrassing losses could easily tip the scales the other way.  But I would not be surprised if McDermott is back even if the team loses two or three out of the last five.     

• Agree 1

Just now, Julio Hopkins said:

Have the Bills won the super bowl?  

Have the Bills won the AFC?  

Are they heading in the right direction?

You can certainly be content with Micky D if your goal is to compete for a divisional round appearance.  That just also happens to mean wasting Josh Allen's career.  If you want evidence go ask Jack Eichel.   

So by that logic the only franchises in the NFL “committed to winning” would be KC.

Got it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.