Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

47 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

it's not hate. It's just realizing he's donezo.

Two serious leg injuries in three years. Even if he does come back, he's not going to have the speed necessary to start.

Both were noncontact, connective tissue injuries which makes it even worse, imo.  Contact injuries are often more of the bad luck variety when big men, moving fast and crashing into one another at bad angles applies Newtonian physics to the human body.  It's the evidence of Doug Whaley's "humans were not meant to play football."   Running full speed and quickly changing direction causing two injuries is a very bad sign for his career path where he needs to do that on every play.

Much respect for trying to come back from that.  Much surprise if he can.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

why all the hate for Tre this year? 

It's nothing to do with hate, it's business.  Huge contract, already coming off an ACL now a torn Achilles which is most of the time a career ender fo wr, ol, dl and cb.

Sorry but he will never be what he was when he got the contract.  Sentiment is for fans, the correct business decision to to reach an injury settlement and move on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure if posted but I did a quick "search" (I'm not wading through 60 pages of this) and the SI article on the matter is clear, short, and persuasive. I hope Pegula feels similarly.

Of note:

The chilling part of this allegation is that it echoes a previous one. In 2021, Miller’s girlfriend posted on Instagram that when she was pregnant with Miller’s child, Miller texted that he was “honestly praying for a miscarriage” and “[F---ing] disappear!!!” and “I hate you!” and “you gon’ get yours! Believe that.” 

...At some point, an NFL player loses the benefit of the doubt with his team and the league. Miller should be there now. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/30/von-miller-domestic-violence-personal-conduct-policy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Not sure if posted but I did a quick "search" (I'm not wading through 60 pages of this) and the SI article on the matter is clear, short, and persuasive. I hope Pegula feels similarly.

Of note:

The chilling part of this allegation is that it echoes a previous one. In 2021, Miller’s girlfriend posted on Instagram that when she was pregnant with Miller’s child, Miller texted that he was “honestly praying for a miscarriage” and “[F---ing] disappear!!!” and “I hate you!” and “you gon’ get yours! Believe that.” 

...At some point, an NFL player loses the benefit of the doubt with his team and the league. Miller should be there now. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/11/30/von-miller-domestic-violence-personal-conduct-policy

Man, if true that's awful and very sad.  I really liked Von. Maybe not what he seems 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Man, if true that's awful and very sad.  I really liked Von. Maybe not what he seems 

I did too. He had this really chill and zen vibe to him. Seems like a total facade or he's zen with football and a lunatic with personal relationships.

Now, this could be a false accusation but with a history of making social posts like what's quoted, there seems to be a lot of smoke now and a fire looks more and more likely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Of note:

Whoa.

Don’t let this guy back onto stadium grounds at the very least until this is investigated further.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/3/2023 at 2:50 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's not pretend that anyone was opposed to the Bills making a big move. All I heard was championship caliber teams make bold moves. Well here you go. It ought to be a cautionary tale that not every deal works out. But it won't be.

Sure.  I wanted a big move like the next Bills fan.  I wasn't on board with a 30 something year old DE with a history of knee issues.  There is a difference between bold moves and desperate moves.

On 12/3/2023 at 10:51 AM, Augie said:

They took a big swing, and it didn’t work out due to injury. He had 8.5 sacks before getting hurt. If he stays healthy and we win a Super Bowl it looks a lot different. But, he did get hurt, so we will never know. 

But we didn't win a super bowl and he did get hurt.  How many people are surprised that he ended up getting hurt????  That's my point.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:46 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Let’s not pretend that it wasn’t working at the time. We were top five in pass rush, when he got hurt, we went to mid-twenties. We all knew the risks involved. We just so happened to get the worst case scenario.  Most believed where we were, and what we needed the risk was warranted. 

It’s tough, but we took a swing. I’d rather have a team with that mindset than what we had for the 20 year drought. This one just happened to backfire. 

Just because it worked for 3/4th's of a season does not mean it made sense to hand a 30 something year old EDGE rusher with a history of knee issues a 120 plus million contract.  I'd rather us take a more calculated swing than a desperate one like this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It's nothing to do with hate, it's business.  Huge contract, already coming off an ACL now a torn Achilles which is most of the time a career ender fo wr, ol, dl and cb.

Sorry but he will never be what he was when he got the contract.  Sentiment is for fans, the correct business decision to to reach an injury settlement and move on.

Exactly. It's not hate. It's just a no brainier business move. We're in terrible cap shape. His contract pays him as one of the top CB's in the NFL. And that contract has an out after this season.

Even before the Achilles injury, it's something we'd have to consider depending on how well he performed throughout the season. Now it's just something that has to be done. We can't continue to pay him as a Top CB out of love and sympathy. That's not how the league works.

It's a sad situation. But simple business logic doesn't denote "hate". I loved what Tre brought to the team, who he is, and his abilities before his injury. But we have to get out from under that contract.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

That would be just another bone headed decision from our head coach. Sunday is the biggest game of the year, he’ll play while it gets sorted. 

It's not a coaching decision it's an ownership/organization decision, they're not going to put him out their with this hanging over head, he'll be inactive and it's a pretty obvious decision.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Of note:

Honestly sounds like some situation where she is supposed to be on birth control or has told them she is but then ends up pregnant and he finds out she stopped taking it which means she likely did it to "lock him in" for child support for 18+ years and is trying to scheme him.  But, when you date low quality women because they are hot, you get low quality women games played on you...

Would explain his reaction in terms of feeling set up or betrayed by her for his money.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

That would be just another bone headed decision from our head coach. Sunday is the biggest game of the year, he’ll play while it gets sorted. 

He's been ineffective and we're 6-6... perfect time to keep him out and have someone else do the job,

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'm not thrilled with adopting the role of "DV explainer" here, but statistically, women in DV relationships are most at risk during pregnancy (perinatally)

Nationwide, homicide (usually due to domestic violence) is the leading cause of death in pregnant women.  Read that again: Domestic violence kills more pregnant women each year than any other cause.

• Sad 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He won’t be released until the NFL decides if they are going to suspend him. All reports they are dragging their feet on the Von situation. 

Historically, the NFL does not take action to impose suspensions or other discipline for alleged crimes until the criminal case is resolved (one way or another) and the NFL (in the case of DV) completes its own investigation.  There will be no suspension until at earliest, next fall.  You can color me much surprised if any suspension is even announced until far too late into the new league year next spring to do the Bills a bit of good with their cap situation (which, would only be about $8M for the standard suspension).

So I guess if you want to consider "normal course of actions" as "dragging their feet", then they're dragging their feet.

The Bills are not going to release Von.  Releasing Miller this season would cost the Bills something like $32M in additional cap they simply don't have on the books. 

The only thing that might happen this season is the league placing Miller on Commissioners Exempt list, in which case the Bills play him to sit around in sweats.

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not thrilled with adopting the role of "DV explainer" here, but statistically, women in DV relationships are most at risk during pregnancy (perinatally)

Nationwide, homicide (usually due to domestic violence) is the leading cause of death in pregnant women.  Read that again: Domestic violence kills more pregnant women each year than any other cause.

I learned this in the parenting classes I took. They said that odds are low that we would be a part of it because, ya know... We were there. But, evidently they said to be aware for all intents and purposes of life that it is a major issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What’s the plan for Von this week? Is he definitely out? Is he going on some list?

probably not going on the Commissioner’s Exempt List anytime soon, by the sound of things.

We could certainly (and I hope we do) make him Inactive for the game - we might not find out til gameday though.  

Guessing McD won’t be too forthcoming with his plans during media availability on Wednesday.

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

probably not going on the Commissioner’s Exempt List anytime soon, by the sound of things.

We could certainly (and I hope we do) make him Inactive for the game - we might not find out til gameday though.  

Guessing McD won’t be too forthcoming with his plans during media availability on Wednesday.

I think that last is 100% safe bet

Edited by Beck Water

Added to the off-field issues, Von needs to sit. His production has been nothing this season; he is not his old self physically. He has not contributed to the field and is now just a distraction off the field. Sit him for the rest of the season, then see where it goes.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Historically, the NFL does not take action to impose suspensions or other discipline for alleged crimes until the criminal case is resolved (one way or another) and the NFL (in the case of DV) completes its own investigation.  There will be no suspension until at earliest, next fall.  You can color me much surprised if any suspension is even announced until far too late into the new league year next spring to do the Bills a bit of good with their cap situation (which, would only be about $8M for the standard suspension).

So I guess if you want to consider "normal course of actions" as "dragging their feet", then they're dragging their feet.

The Bills are not going to release Von.  Releasing Miller this season would cost the Bills something like $32M in additional cap they simply don't have on the books. 

The only thing that might happen this season is the league placing Miller on Commissioners Exempt list, in which case the Bills play him to sit around in sweats.

They csn release him this offseason for half that hit...and they have to.  Sorry he is just done here.  Enough of the speculation BS, too much to deny he hasn't done something...again.

Terry has to cut this guy, to hell with the cap hit.

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

what a colossal  waste of money and cap space

whats funny is there are:

too many people who take this as an indictment on the accusations/charges.

too many who think your is solely based on the charges and would not change if he was having an all pro year

too many people who don't think this is purely related to his play.

i'm in the same boat as you - but i had many memories from the start of him being a douche attention hoor. i never wanted him.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

3 sacks of flour maybe so he can bake some Christmas cutouts😁 but seriously I hope your optimism proves to be true

i'd love it if true. i'd love for him to come out and issue a statement after this game to say what happened was not accurate but he realizes domestic assault and issues are real and he is committed to spending a large portion of his time and resources to help the issue. i'd love it if it rained when we needed it, and everyone in DC would get along with Marvel, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, LabattBlue said:

Without being suspended, they can’t stop Non from practicing, but this clown should be inactive the rest of the season. 

The team can suspend him and I hope they do. No need to have him in the building. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Freak-O said:

He shouldn’t be playing. They could get the same on the field production from me if they just pay for the flight and give me some food. 

He shouldn't be allowed in the building. He is going to be inactive, sure. But he should be told to just stay home at this point. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.