Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

3 hours ago, chongli said:

We are not paying him to stay at home. I If he is not worthy of being suspended or cut or put on IR, he's playing (or at least dressing and then being named inactive) as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste food and I I won't tolerate throwing away money. We don't have that luxury. It's bad enough we lost Araiza and the draft pick.

Anyone on a practice squad would be more effective than him. That would be like starting Elam over Benford because he was drafted in the 1st round. His contract is a sunk cost and should have no barring on playing time

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Perhaps been said already, but guessing that Von/Diggs commercial just got retired.

Horribel situation, I feel bad for G/F (victim), if true...admittedly I might have missed recent info.

Team might catch a break with Vons contract.  

If this was Josh (and it never would be), he'd be getting the "Big Ben" / rehab image treatment.  So let's not fool ourselves about any moral high ground of team (guessing majority of fans as well).

Just as well. Those outfits were ugly anyway. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

We are not paying him to stay at home. If he is not worthy of being suspended or cut or put on IR, he's playing (or at least dressing and then being named inactive) as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste food and I wont tolerate throwing away money. We don't have that luxury. It's bad enough we lost Araiza and the draft pick.

I mean, that’s very admirable.  But there’s this thing called commissioner’s exempt list, where Goodell says it’s too controversial to have this guy dressed and out there but we really have no cause to suspend him (yet).  

Then that’s exactly what happens-he gets paid to sit home

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, that’s very admirable.  But there’s this thing called commissioner’s exempt list, where Goodell says it’s too controversial to have this guy dressed and out there but we really have no cause to suspend him (yet).  

Then that’s exactly what happens-he gets paid to sit home

Thank you for stating that. That would be ok. If he is put on the Exempt List, then we have no choice. But I just don't want a Deshaun Watson situation, where he is not on the Exempt List, but he is told to stay home and still get paid. Either put him on the Exempt List, or don't. But if you don't, Von Miller plays. We cannot afford to voluntarily pay him to sit; we're not rich like Dallas. The NFL must force our hand.

Edited by chongli

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

Thank you for stating that. That would be ok. If he is put on the Exempt List, then we have no choice. But I just don't want a Deshaun Watson situation, where he is not on the Exempt List, but he is told to stay home and still get paid. Either put him on the Exempt List, or don't. But if you don't, Von Miller plays. We cannot afford to voluntarily pay him to sit; we're not rich like Dallas. The NFL must force our hand.

This is a different situation than Watson IMO.  Chargers were actually filed against Miller.  While Watson was being sued, he had no criminal charges pending.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, chongli said:

Sitting Miller or losing him for the rest of the season is immaterial in my mind.  He is terrible and doesn't warrant getting a roster spot on game days.  

My interest in this story begins and ends with, AND IF, we have the ability to terminate his K and get out of salary cap hell with what is a disastrously bad deal.  That's the prize here.

The remainder of the year is neither here or there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, chongli said:

We are not paying him to stay at home. If he is not worthy of being suspended or cut or put on IR, he's playing (or at least dressing and then being named inactive) as far as I'm concerned. I don't waste food and I wont tolerate throwing away money. We don't have that luxury. It's bad enough we lost Araiza and the draft pick.

He is worthy of being cut, but the backlash from the national media would be beyond embarrassing. Imagine how much flack beane would get if he cut a player only a couple years after signing a $100 million dollar contract.  Not to mention cutting him would cost more than keeping him on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

He is worthy of being cut, but the backlash from the national media would be beyond embarrassing. Imagine how much flack beane would get if he cut a player only a couple years after signing a $100 million dollar contract.  Not to mention cutting him would cost more than keeping him on the roster. 

Imagine him putting him on the field

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyone else notice that the magic seemed to be gone once Von Miller got here? Last year seemed off and this year is weird. I miss 2019-2021 when we were explosive on offense and were a turnover machine on defense 

That's a bit unfair.  The Bills looked great for the first five or six games last season.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Anyone else notice that the magic seemed to be gone once Von Miller got here? Last year seemed off and this year is weird. I miss 2019-2021 when we were explosive on offense and were a turnover machine on defense 

Von was instrumental in beating the Chiefs on the road in 2022 forcing the game winning int.  He made a strip sack in the third v the pesky Jets on the road in ‘22 that should have won the game. Only the team didn’t win.  He made a game winning sack v the Vikings in ‘22 putting them in fourth and forever.  Then Cam completed the catch for JJ.  Was third in the NFL in pressure rate at the time of the injury. The NFLPA wants to ban the turf he got injured on because it causes so many injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would think that his contract has a clause in it which allows the Bills to walk away and limit their cap exposure significantly. If not, that’s on the Bills FO. You don’t sign a guy with a checkered history to a deal that big without protection.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.