Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

BTW, somehow I don't see our players jumping ship to go to places like Arizona, Carolina, the NFCS in general, Chicago, Washington, the Jets, NE, Browns, Colts, Titans, and some other teams because they don't get a full week off, only an extended four-day weekend, on their bye week.  

If they do, meh, maybe they don't belong here.  

Don't give me a cop out answer "I don't care what other teams do".

What's the reason that no team in the NFL practices on their off weeks?

Yeah these NFL softies don't belong here because 100% of them get a full bye week.  

Do you want to lose out on FA to the Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and other contenders because you are making it very clear around the league that player health isn't the #1 concern?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Forums do a lot of thinking with their ***** when signings like this are made.  

His signing was an enormous risk to begin with, and the reason for Beane having to sign him was because at that time and after four of his drafts prior to that, he was unsuccessful at securing an impact edge-rusher for us.  

Anyone thinking that it was a stupid and far too risky signing was chastised, which supports your first statement replied to above.  

At the end of the day, Beane took an enormous risk to overcome his poor draft production.  He's getting quite a pass on that acquisition.  

Either way, that ridiculous risk has played out, and that was far from a reach in terms of occurring, between injury and age diminishment, and the performance part of that deal has not worked out, nearly at all except for 10 games.  

Given how much money he's gotten, that's an absurd amount of money per game.  

It's highly questionable as to why he deserved a week off.  

oh great, you’re back.

• Haha (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

But considering the phrasing she used and the quick recanting, this situation seems just as plausible to be two toxic people who bring out the worst in each other as it is a guy who manipulates and controls his woman through fear and abuse. Gotta wait for more info and to see how it all plays out. 

I won't quote you fully but, ultimately, this is the place to be, at this moment imv.

[Side note, in case of haters: a few years ago, I took some a**hole down--with extreme prejudice--after I personally witnessed him punching a woman. Held him until LEO arrived]

This moment: the dynamics don't look good for VM...but we should wait until a fulsome, comprehensive, unfiltered understanding of events is available. We'll probably come short of that ideal, but the public is not close enough, yet.

Am I leaning towards the view that 40 is DV culpable? Yes, in my heart. But, rationally, we must await the full fact pattern, no matter how frustrating that may be.

Just a week ago, some reached a way-too-quick judgement on a weird event in NF. I counseled, at the time, to wait for facts, as initial reporting is rarely "truth". The same applies in this case.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone "the majority" would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

UPDATE:  If the facts come out that he did indeed abuse her and there is physical proof, then I feel almost all of us would want to see justice done and Von disciplined for his actions.  All bets are off and the team will have to have him removed from the roster.  It would be a shame to see Von ruin his career over a bye week altercation that he should have had the wisdom to avoid. 

Edited by TampaBillsJunkie
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

Not true at all.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, boater said:

It doesn't matter if she recants, from the stories:

With that physical evidence, it is the District Attorney's prerogative whether or not to proceed with charges.

It's out of the girl friend's hands and into the hands of the DA, and Goodell. The questions going forward:

Is it one of those ambitious headline seeking DAs?

What will Goodell do with it?

texas law already mandates that it is the decision of the prosecutor not the victim to press charges.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Justin Jefferson?

jim jeffcoat?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The guy who doesn't have any idea of the grueling demand of a season is telling us what is good for those players.  Refreshing.  "Even though I've never been through it, I know what is or isn't enough for these players."  Entitlement.

So basically every team in the playoff hunt should be practicing on their bye weeks.  Yet none of them do it.

Broncos are on a 5 game winning streak, sitting at 6-5.  Shouldn't they be practicing on bye weeks?  What about the Chiefs?  They are averaging 23 ppg on offense....now where near Super Bowl Championship level.  They must be content with how good on offense they have been this year.

The 60's, they played 12 games.  We now play 17.  They players travel more because there are more teams.

Players are bigger, stronger and faster....the impacts are greater.  

But I guess the argument is, if they make a lot of money, they don't deserve the max rest the the CBA fought for.  That's amazing to me.

Not really, but you seem to want to argue rather than simply discuss it.

Have fun.  🙂

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Innocent until proven guilty.  People rushing to judgment to condemn is the new trendy "social justice" nonsense 

some final thoughts for today:

The gf  realizes what a horrible mess this is for her babys daddy and want to minimize the event.  It's predictable. And sad all around.

I think he messed up BADLY. That's what I think.  And now they both wish it would/could just go away.

Maybe it will get swept under the rug legally but did he rough her up? Oh yes I think so

I think where there is smoke there very possibly is fire. We are not a jury privy to all facts of this case. But the facts aren't just conjecture and innuendo. There is actual evidence of a crime in this case. Video is very difficult evidence to refute. 

Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern. The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. 

at least I have a forum to vent and it impacts decisions in his case ZERO just sayin'

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

Don't think that at all, what would be different is all the cap talk which is kind of distasteful wouldn't have happened, or at least it wouldn't have been the first thing said so often.

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

some final thoughts for today:

The gf  realizes what a horrible mess this is for her babys daddy and want to minimize the event.  It's predictable. And sad all around.

I think he messed up BADLY. That's what I think.  And now they both wish it would/could just go away.

Maybe it will get swept under the rug legally but did he rough her up? Oh yes I think so

I think where there is smoke there very possibly is fire. We are not a jury privy to all facts of this case. But the facts aren't just conjecture and innuendo. There is actual evidence of a crime in this case. Video is very difficult evidence to refute. 

Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern. The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. 

at least I have a forum to vent and it impacts decisions in his case ZERO just sayin'

“Oh yes I think so” means exactly the same thing as “I literally don’t know what happened”

Edited by Chaos

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don't give me a cop out answer "I don't care what other teams do".

What's the reason that no team in the NFL practices on their off weeks?

Yeah these NFL softies don't belong here because 100% of them get a full bye week.  

Do you want to lose out on FA to the Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and other contenders because you are making it very clear around the league that player health isn't the #1 concern?

I'm pretty sure the CBA requires that the players get the bye week off, so it's a non-issue. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.