Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

23 minutes ago, muppy said:

some final thoughts for today:

The gf  realizes what a horrible mess this is for her babys daddy and want to minimize the event.  It's predictable. And sad all around.

I think he messed up BADLY. That's what I think.  And now they both wish it would/could just go away.

Maybe it will get swept under the rug legally but did he rough her up? Oh yes I think so

I think where there is smoke there very possibly is fire. We are not a jury privy to all facts of this case. But the facts aren't just conjecture and innuendo. There is actual evidence of a crime in this case. Video is very difficult evidence to refute. 

Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern. The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. 

at least I have a forum to vent and it impacts decisions in his case ZERO just sayin'

You’re Dr. Phil 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

Honestly I don’t think this is true at all. Maybe a few dipshits here, but the vast majority would want him released if he’s guilty. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly I don’t think this is true at all. Maybe a few dipshits here, but the vast majority would want him released if he’s guilty. 

Im not so sure about that. Remember...rationale from the VAST majority of Bills Mafia AND a lot of well-known popular Bills pundits with regard to cutting Araiza was "hes just a punter."  Based on that statement, a lot of Bills Mafia is very comfortable having a very big criterion determining whether to cut a player for bad behavior is what his production/contribution is to the team on the field. 

Edited by RkFast

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Here's the sick and sad truth. If Von had 10 sacks and was terrorizing opponents QB's instead of pregnant Exes, everyone would be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Let him play. But since he is sucking up cap like a vampire sucking blood, people want to find a way to terminate his contract. It's the catch 22 of living in a performance based world.  

I'm sorry. Who are you to say what "everyone" would think. 

Let's make this crystal clear. This happened to Von Miller. Had it been someone else....EVEN JOSH ALLEN  that allegedly did what Von did, I would feel the same way. And I'm willing to bet more people than not would feel the same, however I won't speak for them. Just a hunch. 

Most of the people here have daughters, wives, sisters and everyone has a mother. I have all of the above. It's easy to look through that window and ask "what if it was one of mine, would I care what the alleged perpetrator's stats were". I'm betting I'm far from the only one that has empathy here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Most of the people here have daughters, wives, sisters and everyone has a mother. I have all of the above. It's easy to look through that window and ask "what if it was one of mine, would I care what the alleged perpetrator's stats were". I'm betting I'm far from the only one that has empathy here.

You have wives?  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

This place is great when the Jerry Springers show up though!  

That's when the party really starts!  

:D 

Dr Phil is a money making machine these days who I used to listen to. He really did help a lot of people in his show. But then his greed took over and he lost me. 

Jerry Springer RIP that guy was a character and a half. He was smart like a fox. Allow the degenerates free rein and watch the ratings Soar.

lol this is America the home of the freaks and the brave..Gotta love it 🙂

sorry, back to Von Miller. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

No, not “everyone” would feel that way.  Don’t speak for “everyone”.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm sorry. Who are you to say what "everyone" would think. 

Let's make this crystal clear. This happened to Von Miller. Had it been someone else....EVEN JOSH ALLEN  that allegedly did what Von did, I would feel the same way. And I'm willing to bet more people than not would feel the same, however I won't speak for them. Just a hunch. 

No way, if Von was any good we would be citing every false accusation ever made against an athlete, but because he sucks we want him to be guilty as ***** so that he can be off the team with minimal consequences against the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No we actually did reply to each other.

Yes, I do agree that the NFL players and bullfighters and ballet dancers and anyone else who mangles their bodies for a passion...that doesn't mean I won't feel for them when they get hurt and certainly won't be in disagreement if these NFL players get a few more days off on their bye week.  

My Paper Mill GM comment was just to state they do it for money as well.  Just like athletes, they do it for money but they seem to be criticized for it.  They are like everyone else.

Everyone makes a choice about most things.  If that choice gets them hurt, I think it's a bit harsh just to say "well it was their choice so I don't feel bad for them". 

It was Tre White's choice to play football and when his Achilles tore, my heart broke.  

All valid points - my approach can be harsh at times- your correct. Perhaps a better way for me to say it would be-

it's unfortunate that bad things happen to anyone or pain is brought to anyone which is why thought and forward thinking should play apart in deciding what variables you decide to embrace 

I was upset when Tre got hurt as well but not surprised because it's a brutal brutal business.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No way, if Von was any good we would be citing every false accusation ever made against an athlete, but because he sucks we want him to be guilty as ***** so that he can be off the team with minimal consequences against the cap.

I won’t speak for anyone but myself…if Non was any good, I’d feel the same….get off my team.  

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No way, if Von was any good we would be.....

What you don't understand is that not everybody wants to to think or be like you.

Some folks are born with a streak of empathy and see the world beyond just their own personal wants.

Your pronoun is objectively wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Again, don't say what "we" would do unless you have a frog in your pocket and that who you are referring to as "we".

If Von was at 20 sacks right now and this dropped I would feel the same way. See, some people value humility and empathy way more over watching other men win a trophy. Some things are more important than football. And if that not how it is for you, I'm sorry you're empty inside. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.